2021 Fantasy Football Talk/Jets fantasy relevant?

4 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I play fantasy football with 2 rules:

1. I do not take any player that is on a team that will play the Jets. I am not going to root for some WR to score a TD in a game against the Jets

2.  I choose at least 2 Jets in the draft.

Only way I can play it. Conflict of interest scared me away from FF for a very long time.

Lol I have learned not to let opponents bother me. In a way, if I have a player on a team we're facing, it has helped ease the pain of losing the last 10 years. 

The last time I've had a Jets player on my roster was Brandon Marshall in 2015. I've always kept my bias out of fantasy so hopefully I'm onto something 

4 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

If healthy all year I think Corey Davis will be huge and a steal in fantasy. 

I don’t think Carter will give you any sort of fantasy impact. Not with the Jets rotation. 

Big Moore fan but I think he’ll be that kinda guy that has a huge game one week and then not so much the next. So for fantasy it’ll be a tough spot. Davis will be the most consistent WR for this team. 

Agree with these points. Again, looking at Carter and Elijah as guys with keeper potential more than anything else, but I do think there's a chance either ends up having a good fantasy season. If Carter doesn't show me enough to say "this guy's gonna be a top 2 round pick next year" but has a few wow performances, I'll probably end up sending him to a tanking team for one of their top-tier guys they can't or won't keep. I mostly see him being a Devonta Freeman/Brian Westbrook/Giovani Bernard/Kevin Faulk type, none of whom made a huge fantasy impact in their rookie years, but you never know when the next Steve Slaton will come around... 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Titan24 said:

All depends on rules of the league.....DWC not a fan of what you did.  Never take QB that early but hey you never know.....curious where were you drafting?

It's all about RBs right? So imo not only is Lamar Jackson a guaranteed 1,000+ yard runner but as a QB I think he's going to put up insane passing numbers too due to Sammy Watkins (FA), 1st round WR Rashod Bateman and 4th round WR Tyler Wallace; I don't think he'll be stopped. 

If it were a pocket passing QB? No way but I just couldn't pass on Lamar Jackson.  

So my strategy was to focus on sleeper RBs (because at pick #11 all the elite RBs were gone) and to load up at WR (I drafted the most WRs of anyone) and TE with Justin Jefferson, Odell Beckham Jr., JuJu Smith-Schuster, Ja'Marr Chase, Jaylen Waddle, Henry Ruggs III, Terrace Marshall Jr. and KYLE PITTS (Zach Ertz for my bye). 

Every week I'm going to switch up my WRs depending on the Secondary their facing and with so many talented WRs I know once someone in our JN league loses a key WR? They'll come knocking on my GMs door to provide me with a quality RB because outside of Devin Singletary (a beast) I'm weak at RB.

• After the draft I picked up Chubba Hubbard who led the NCAA in rushing yards last year and went undrafted in our league (will keep him stashed away until Christian McCaffrey gets hurt).

• And also picked up Rhamondre Stevenson 4th round pick of N.E out of Oklahoma who's a beast and immediately after N.E traded away Sony Michel I snatched him because he's #1 in preseason rushing yards right now (and Chubba Hubbard is 9th). 

I'm working like a dog trying to solidify my RB room after ignoring them throughout the draft. 

@Titan24my team is ranked dead last out of 15-16 teams and they predicted me to finish 0-17 ? but I just dont see it I think I'm underdog who makes the playoffs and this is what they said about my team ?

Screenshot_20210826-225314_Chrome.thumb.jpg.04c744223fce44ff840d474e8e41cc45.jpg

Screenshot_20210826-225329_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e83d76e821f95fbb6d670963f92386d5.jpg

I told my daughter let the critics sleep on us because poppa gonna wake them up ?

This is the so called #1 favored team.

Screenshot_20210826-225602_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e4f1c62abba2d65697cf619f5a14998d.jpg

I'm sorry but I like my squad way more.

On 8/25/2021 at 8:59 PM, football guy said:

Oh, left out arguably the most important part: I've been offered...

RB D'Andre Swift & WR Deebo Samuel for 

RB Chase Edmonds, RB Michael Carter & WR Diontae Johnson

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat. Swift is due for a breakout year and people forget how good Deebo was at the end of 2019 (when healthy).

On 8/25/2021 at 8:59 PM, football guy said:

Oh, left out arguably the most important part: I've been offered...

RB D'Andre Swift & WR Deebo Samuel for 

RB Chase Edmonds, RB Michael Carter & WR Diontae Johnson

I never understood making trades like this before the season starts.   Seems completely assinine to me

8 hours ago, RichardTodd27 said:

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat. Swift is due for a breakout year and people forget how good Deebo was at the end of 2019 (when healthy).

How many years have we heard that about Lions running game everytime they draft another RB.  I'll believe it when I see it.  With rookies and sophs,  I'd MUCH rather have the two instead of the one. Samuel will miss games every season of his career.  He is an injury magnet.  Dionte will be the most prolific receiver on the Steelers this year.  Way more than Juju and the compliment to the blazing Claypool.  Diontae Johnson is such a better pick than Deebo (and I like Deebo).  Not even close for 2021.

10 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

It's all about RBs right? So imo not only is Lamar Jackson a guaranteed 1,000+ yard runner but as a QB I think he's going to put up insane passing numbers too due to Sammy Watkins (FA), 1st round WR Rashod Bateman and 4th round WR Tyler Wallace; I don't think he'll be stopped. 

If it were a pocket passing QB? No way but I just couldn't pass on Lamar Jackson.  

So my strategy was to focus on sleeper RBs (because at pick #11 all the elite RBs were gone) and to load up at WR (I drafted the most WRs of anyone) and TE with Justin Jefferson, Odell Beckham Jr., JuJu Smith-Schuster, Ja'Marr Chase, Jaylen Waddle, Henry Ruggs III, Terrace Marshall Jr. and KYLE PITTS (Zach Ertz for my bye). 

Every week I'm going to switch up my WRs depending on the Secondary their facing and with so many talented WRs I know once someone in our JN league loses a key WR? They'll come knocking on my GMs door to provide me with a quality RB because outside of Devin Singletary (a beast) I'm weak at RB.

• After the draft I picked up Chubba Hubbard who led the NCAA in rushing yards last year and went undrafted in our league (will keep him stashed away until Christian McCaffrey gets hurt).

• And also picked up Rhamondre Stevenson 4th round pick of N.E out of Oklahoma who's a beast and immediately after N.E traded away Sony Michel I snatched him because he's #1 in preseason rushing yards right now (and Chubba Hubbard is 9th). 

I'm working like a dog trying to solidify my RB room after ignoring them throughout the draft. 

@Titan24my team is ranked dead last out of 15-16 teams and they predicted me to finish 0-17 ? but I just dont see it I think I'm underdog who makes the playoffs and this is what they said about my team ?

Screenshot_20210826-225314_Chrome.thumb.jpg.04c744223fce44ff840d474e8e41cc45.jpg

Screenshot_20210826-225329_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e83d76e821f95fbb6d670963f92386d5.jpg

I told my daughter let the critics sleep on us because poppa gonna wake them up ?

This is the so called #1 favored team.

Screenshot_20210826-225602_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e4f1c62abba2d65697cf619f5a14998d.jpg

I'm sorry but I like my squad way more.

I love Lamar Jackson in fantasy this year but you can also get Kyler Murray a couple rounds later and he’s good for about 800-900 rushing yards on top of good passing stats

Love Carson Wentz as a sleeper in week 1.  That Seahawks secondary sucks

On 8/25/2021 at 9:15 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

I just picked up Stevenson from N.E off waivers kid leads all NFL RBs in preseason rushing yards.  

I picked him up immediately after Sony Michel was traded yesterday. 

I think he's going to become a monster steal for me.

I also picked up Chuba Hubbard off of waivers who led the NCAA in rushing yards in order to stash away in case of another Christian McCaffrey injury. 

● I took a different approach this year.

• I ignored RB and I was the last person to draft a RB in our JN draft (Devin Singletary who will run wild this year) in order to focus on QB by drafting Lamar Jackson 11th overall with my first pick who will get me a lot of rushing yards while also attacking TE and WR early and often. Pitts is a freak and I'm fully loaded at WR. 

• I also stayed away from Jets in order to make my season fun because I hate having to root for fantasy players while watching my Jets games. 

But I did steal my Jets D while everyone was still drafting starting RB/QB/WR in order to make my season fun rooting for our D.

Because of my different approach. Yahoo FF is sleeping on my team. They have me ranked dead last and projected to finish 0-17. I'm an underdog in a 15-16 player league but my team will shock the FF world and make the playoffs. Just watch.

Screenshot_20210825-210609_Chrome.thumb.jpg.932ecf5de26d547238c26e802d6000c6.jpg

Dude, this team is atrocious. You don't have a startable RB, but your WRs are also not great (Odell has been mediocre on a Cleveland team with a lot of mouths to feed, same for Juju in Pitt) and TE isn't elite either (Pitts won't finish in the top 3 this season). How did you manage to draft this? Jefferson in the second (2.14?) is fine, but everyone else is wildly above their ADP. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Dude, this team is atrocious. You don't have a startable RB, but your WRs are also not great (Odell has been mediocre on a Cleveland team with a lot of mouths to feed, same for Juju in Pitt) and TE isn't elite either (Pitts won't finish in the top 3 this season). How did you manage to draft this? Jefferson in the second (2.14?) is fine, but everyone else is wildly above their ADP. 

Well it's a 15-16 league team so it's impossible to have a truly stacked team and I appreciate your insight but I'm confident my team makes the playoffs. 

My only weak spot is RB but once Stevenson becomes NEs starting RB I'll love my RB trio of Singletary/Stevenson/Lamar Jackson (?)

17 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Just because Rex Ryan didn't have a CB to use like Revis does that mean he didn't use Revis like none other? Because of "Baltimore"?

Do you really think Mike Mike LaFleur wanted to use a RB by committee? Or was it because he didn't have a Derrick Henry festured back?

Mike LaFleur never had a RB talent quite like Michael Carter and you'll see come 2021. Carter is going to become his clear cut #1.

You do realize that you are pumping Tevin Coleman up in this thread, right?   Michael Carter is a smallish rookie back.  If Tevin Coleman is as good as you say, he'll be poaching carries.  Remember?

• Upvote 1

Just finished my auction in a 12 team, 2QB, keeper league. Rosters go deep - we start 2Rb, 2WR, 2Flex and have 14 man benches. Somehow ended up with a Jets stack: Wilson, Davis, and Ty Johnson. 

I like this team

QB: Jackson, Mayfield, Zach

RB: Aaron Jones, Najee, Edwards-Helaire, Ty, Ronald Jones, Latavius Murray, Mattison, Kylin Hill

WR: Adams, Thomas, Fuller, Davis, Callaway, Jakobi Meyers, Marquise Brown, MVS, Bryan Edwards, Terrace Marshall

TE: Everett, Irv Smith

K/D who cares? 

• Upvote 1

On 8/25/2021 at 5:44 PM, football guy said:

Didn't see a thread for fantasy football talk, so figured I'd make one for general talk + have some things on my mind that I'm hoping to get opinions on... 

I'm personally an avid fantasy football player. For the past few years I've stuck to my main league only: we're a big money pot - both weekly & season long payouts - and everyone prioritizes this league most. We all went to high school together and remain good friends so it's that much more enjoyable. 

It's a 12-team keeper league. Each team can keep two players with a max keeper eligibility of 3 years. Can only keep one player who was originally drafted in the top 8 rounds and can keep up to two who were drafted in rounds 9-16. The 2nd year you keep a player it jumps a round if drafted in rounds 1-8 / jumps to a 8th if drafted in the 9th-16th, and 3rd year automatically a 1st round pick. Roster makeup is 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FX, 1K, 1DST, 7BN. 0.5 PPR, but hefty bonus points for QBs... 6 pts per TD, +3 when reaches 300 yards, +4 when reaches 400 yards, +5 if reaches 500 yards... so QBs are very important. Draft pick trading is allowed. 

Draft was in person last Sunday, so a lot of moves have already been underway and there's been a lot of active trade discussions. My roster is as follows: 

• QB: Matthew Stafford, Zach Wilson
  • RB: Jonathan Taylor [K], JK Dobbins, Chase Edmonds, Michael Carter, Gus Edwards, Boston Scott, Sony Michel, Tony Jones Jr. 
  • WR: Calvin Ridley, Terry McLaurin, Diontae Johnson [K], Elijah Moore 
  • TE: Evan Engram 
  • K: none (currently) 
  • DST: 49ers 

Most years I never draft Jets players. This year I have the most I've ever rostered: 3. I drafted Mike Carter in the 6th, Elijah Moore in the 10th, and Zach Wilson in the 13th. Carter was a dart throw of sorts, but I have high hopes for Moore and Wilson as a potential keeper duo, which would allow me to draft RB heavy for the foreseeable future. Which brings me to my current dilemma:

(1) how much value will Elijah have this year; and (2) do I trade Carter or hold him?

I'm working on a few deals right now which would have me send a combination of Edmonds and Johnson for either Miles Sanders or D'Andre Swift. Personally, I stack RBs every single year and am more than comfortable with rostering 4 receivers. Hell the last 2 years I've only carried 3 WRs and I won back-to-back. I really don't feel good about Edmonds this year, but quite frankly he was the BPA (followed by Carter).

If I make one of those deals, Moore becomes my WR3 and I'd have to add another guy regardless as he and Ridley have the same bye. Can I really rely on Moore to be fantasy relevant this year? Probably shouldn't. But if I were to make one of those deals, I should be able to flip Carter & Engram to improve my TE situation while also grabbing another upside WR. I caution doing that because Carter seems like the typical start slow end strong type fantasy rookie, but not sure he'll even play for me unless something major goes wrong/may not even be worth keeping. I don't know, I'm trying to keep my bias in check (and probably posting in the wrong place to get unbiased opinions), but figured typing it out could help lol. Either way, happy to talk fantasy with anyone interested!

I feel like the only value is David and ty Johnson...just wishing and calling my shot is kroft. Hoping the SF system leads to kroft or TE in general raising the jets TE play to relevant. Really not that hard just need to catch a TD.

I think kroft is sneaky for a quick start. Might fail but I wouldn't bet agaioi jets being middle of the pack TE in fantasy...

Book it

On 8/26/2021 at 4:36 PM, johnnysd said:

I play fantasy football with 2 rules:

1. I do not take any player that is on a team that will play the Jets. I am not going to root for some WR to score a TD in a game against the Jets

2.  I choose at least 2 Jets in the draft.

Only way I can play it. Conflict of interest scared me away from FF for a very long time.

I bet these rules you've put in place have hurt your chances at winning in fantasy, unless the league(s) you're in are not competitive.  Though, admittedly, Tom Brady is on my permanent "do not draft list".

You might need to learn to compartmentalize a bit.  Fantasy Football needs to be in a separate category from your rooting interests.  Set your lineup and then forget about it once games start on Sundays.  Fantasy needs to be a "business decision" of sorts, where you detach yourself emotionally from the players on your team.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I bet these rules you've put in place have hurt your chances at winning in fantasy, unless the league(s) you're in are not competitive.  Though, admittedly, Tom Brady is on my permanent "do not draft list".

You might need to learn to compartmentalize a bit.  Fantasy Football needs to be in a separate category from your rooting interests.  Set your lineup and then forget about it once games start on Sundays.  Fantasy needs to be a "business decision" of sorts, where you detach yourself emotionally from the players on your team.

I am in one league and its a pretty casual league. I start off poorly usually but get really competitive later with waivers and claims. I finished 2nd last year. I am not a huge fantasy guy, didnt do it for like 15 years but my rules make it more fun for me. If I was in a high $ league I would not use my rules, but mostly I just like watching football, don't really need betting or FF to enhance it. I totally get why it is so popular, I was super into it when I first started.

• Upvote 2

If anyone is interested, I have a few spots available for a yahoo league. The live draft is this Sunday (5th) @ 3:30pm. All new members would be picking after the 8th pick, in the order they join. No rookies please. Just PM me if interested. It's also free.

Sent from my SM-G930V using JetNation.com mobile app

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2021 at 9:36 AM, Doggin94it said:

This thread is another reason that banning hurt so bad.  I would love to hear how this team is doing.  What is a 15-16 team league?   Most of the time we know how many teams before the draft.  

Personally, I picked up Beckham after the draft.  I cut him his week for Kahlil Herbert.  Worked out well for me considering I have Carson and McCaffrey on IR.  My biggest blunder was taking Kittle and Pitts.  Kibbles and Bits?  Glad to have Pitts with Kittle on IR, but they both had byes this week and I had to pick up Ricky Seals-Jones.  Good thing it's a 10 team league!