The Coming Test

Vader

6 hours ago, Vader said:

As I said, this party is a white claw sorority rager.

It’s like you are all cumming in your pants like a bunch of 13 year olds because you got to second base and touched a tit.

Garbage

Edited by Maxman
Personal attack
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nothing we say here influences what happens on the field.  Might as well dream big.  Why not?  It's more fun thinking for a few days that Mike White may well be Lou Gehrig to Zach Wilson's Wally Pipp than just waiting for the disaster that may well come on Thursday night.

What’s the difference between dreams and delusions?

The three reasons I mentioned in the OP show the naïveté of lacking grounding. Fans should be excited, but let’s be real here. There’s an element that’s waaaaay over the top — based upon one game… He needs to AT LEAST be able to replicate the results ONCE. I’m stoked too, but I’m also a Jet’s fan, so I’m skeptical. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Vader said:

What’s the difference between dreams and delusions?

The three reasons I mentioned in the OP show the naïveté of lacking grounding. Fans should be excited, but let’s be real here. There’s an element that’s waaaaay over the top — based upon one game… He needs to AT LEAST be able to replicate the results ONCE. I’m stoked too, but I’m also a Jet’s fan, so I’m skeptical. 

Very little.  They’re both fun!

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And what do you gain by this?

Save others from misery. We have been down this path too many times not to at least demand of our possible Messiahs that they are able to duplicate their miracles so as to show they are not charlatans. That’s science. The experiment and results must be replicable. The history is not good with flash-in-the-pans that turn out to be total abortions for this franchise.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Very little.  They’re both fun!

Hehe.

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, Vader said:

Save others from misery. We have been down this path too many times not to at least demand of our possible Messiahs that they are able to duplicate their miracles so as to show they are not charlatans. That’s science. The experiment and results must be replicable. The history is not good with flash-in-the-pans that turn out to be total abortions for this franchise.

Hehe.

um, we’re gonna be miserable if we lose regardless of whether we get our hopes up or not.  You’re not performing a service here. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

um, we’re gonna be miserable if we lose regardless of whether we get our hopes up or not.  You’re not performing a service here. 

I think you are missing the point. This isn’t about winning and losing.

It’s about Religion v Science. It’s about the Mike White Religion Messiah Complex. After one game. When Cincinnati played about as bad as we played NE. So what I’m saying is, maybe we should temper the enthusiasm until this is a proven thing and be a little pragmatic.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Vader said:

I think you are missing the point. This isn’t about winning and losing.

It’s about Religion v Science. It’s about the Mike White Religion Messiah Complex. After one game. When Cincinnati played about as bad as we played NE. So what I’m saying is, maybe we should temper the enthusiasm until this is a proven thing and be a little pragmatic.

No thanks but have fun.  Mike White is the GOAT.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

No thanks but have fun.  Mike White is the GOAT.  

He could be, oh high priest of goat, but I gave some compelling reasons why no, at least not without duplicating it over the long term. 

• WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, Vader said:

Hehe.

your not saving anybody from anything. you just want people to be miserable like you. 

so while most of us sat back an enjoyed a great game and a incredible  performance from our QB you were making a list of things to be worried about. 

enjoy the win, believe me our next loss the "JD Hater cult" will take over this board. then you can feel as miserable as you want. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, doitny said:

your not saving anybody from anything. you just want people to be miserable like you. 

so while most of us sat back an enjoyed a great game and a incredible  performance from our QB you were making a list of things to be worried about. 

enjoy the win, believe me our next loss the "JD Hater cult" will take over this board. then you can feel as miserable as you want. 

That’s the wrong take. I enjoyed the game, the win and the performance. My analysis of what it means in the long run is based on pragmatics tho, not mysticism or “hope.” 

There’s no misery until this Messiah that’s been built up cracks and those that have built him up into something he hasn’t shown he is capable of being are left without words and move on to the next mark.

My take is — it was one game. It was good (but here’s what’s hmm) and let’s wait and see.

Then again, I was alive through Browning Nagle. Do you remember his first game? And what happened?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Someday when we win the SB again, someone will start a thread on how lucky we are and that we really did not deserve it and will have the worst season after a SB ever. And

This is not remotely analogous to my remarks. Let’s wait and see before removing Joe Namath from the Jets All-Time Fantasy Squad.

Zack Wilson after 5.5 putrid games - “We can’t judge him yet! This team is a wreck!”

Mike White after 1 game - “Next Kurt Warner babbbyyyy!”

This depression after this crash will be worse than the THUD after the unwise preseason optimism.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Vader said:

That’s the wrong take. I enjoyed the game, the win and the performance. My analysis of what it means in the long run is based on pragmatics tho, not mysticism or “hope.” 

There’s no misery until this Messiah that’s been built up cracks and those that have built him up into something he hasn’t shown he is capable of being are left without words and move on to the next mark.

My take is — it was one game. It was good (but here’s what’s hmm) and let’s wait and see.

Then again, I was alive through Browning Nagle. Do you remember his first game? And what happened?

Bro people crowned White after the first drive, then threw him in the trash in the middle of the game after the two picks, then crowned him again at the end of the game. He’s actually gotten better and more hyped since the game ended. The second he struggles against the Colts he will be garbage again. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Pichula said:

Bro people crowned White after the first drive, then threw him in the trash in the middle of the game after the two picks, then crowned him again at the end of the game. He’s actually gotten better and more hyped since the game ended. The second he struggles against the Colts he will be garbage again. 

This place is like Fight Club. 

40 minutes ago, Vader said:

Yes there are mostly short passes in the game but Tom Brady made a career out of that so just dismissing him because he executed plays like he had to is dumb... And the throw to berrios was a nfl throw... He found the open guy... Even keel under pressure came back and scored 2 TDs in the final minutes of the game... This is not a cake walk Simms makes it out to be... 

Do I think he is the future... No of course not... But sh*t he looks like Sanchez out there and I'll take that... 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Yes there are mostly short passes in the game but Tom Brady made a career out of that so just dismissing him because he executed plays like he had to is dumb... And the throw to berrios was a nfl throw... He found the open guy... Even keel under pressure came back and scored 2 TDs in the final minutes of the game... This is not a cake walk Simms makes it out to be... 

Do I think he is the future... No of course not... But sh*t he looks like Sanchez out there and I'll take that... 

Brady throws a good deep ball. He did develop that over time and that’s really what separated him from say Chad Pennington. 

23 minutes ago, Vader said:

i do remember Nagle. i get your point. but maybe just maybe the Jets got something here. 

i agree with your deep passing point. i said the same in another thread, but i dont agree with the rest. 

Mac Jones has made a living doing what White did yesterday. and im sure defenses didn't give him all those plays. if he can do it so can we.

and i think its also a change in the play calling. it got a lot better.  i dont think we ran 4 WR sets all year. looks like we finally figured out how to use RB Carter. AVT is a star. all these help the QB alot. 

i will worry about White when he gives me a reason too, by losing a game because of whatever.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

It does give me pause that Luke Falk went 20-25 in his first start (a loss nevertheless) and thereafter looked…very Luke Falkish

I totally forgot he did that in his first appearance.  He actually came off the bench in that one.  Had no recollection of Falk actually playing well, lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, doitny said:

i do remember Nagle. i get your point. but maybe just maybe the Jets got something here. 

i agree with your deep passing point. i said the same in another thread, but i dont agree with the rest. 

Mac Jones has made a living doing what White did yesterday. and im sure defenses didn't give him all those plays. if he can do it so can we.

and i think its also a change in the play calling. it got a lot better.  i dont think we ran 4 WR sets all year. looks like we finally figured out how to use RB Carter. AVT is a star. all these help the QB alot. 

i will worry about White when he gives me a reason too, by losing a game because of whatever.

Agreed — he played hell of a game and made some sick throws. The two best were IMO the Cole and then Berrios TDs— those were not easy passes.

What impressed me most was White’s in-game process, his processing, and cerebral, level-headed approach. Mike White actually brought stability to Mike Lafleur’s (and Salehs) game design. Saleh said they wanted MW to air it out to begin with. It was noted the % of first down passes compared to the past. MW declined to air it out becuase Cincy took that away — as if they were gameplanning for Zach Wilson. 

MW saw the two deep zone and exploited it early. By doing so he exposed the entire defense to the OC and to the players and they knew how they needed to attack and what to expect. This brought leadership. And the leadership brought focus and results to the offense and team as a whole.

What I loved about MW was how smart and deliberate he was. Wilson is not smart at the NFL level yet. He is also inaccurate.

Wilson brings a juvenile Favre vibe to the offense. MW brings a pre-injury Chad Pennington vibe. Those Pennington teams were fun.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I totally forgot he did that in his first appearance.  He actually came off the bench in that one.  Had no recollection of Falk actually playing well, lol.

Remember Ratcliff-mania?

• Upvote 1

too early to crown Mike White but the man earned more starts and should be allowed to even have a bomb or two mixed in without getting the hook. Give the guy a run. He’s paid his dues and did what no Jets QB has done for 21 years — throw 400 yards. Ok he dinked and dunked, so what? We have been slamming Wilson for not taking what the defense gave him. Let’s see what happens when the Colts (or whomever) play man and try to take away the short stuff.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, jgb said:

too early to crown Mike White but the man earned more starts and should be allowed to even have a bomb or two mixed in without getting the hook. Give the guy a run. He’s paid his dues and did what no Jets QB has done for 21 year — throw 400 yards. Ok he dinked and dunked, so what? We have been slamming Wilson for not taking what the defense gave him. Let’s see what happens when the Colts (or whomever) play man and try to take away the short stuff.

Xactly. He’s got an arm, he can work on the deep throws. Also, it seems the CS wants to see more of MW. Saleh hedged and clarified on the IR question re Wilson saying that yes he is eligible “to play” vs Buffalo but what they really intended was that he “be able to begin practicing Buffalo week.”

Obvi the CS wants to give MW some more well deserved exposure as a look-see. They CAN play Wilson as soon as Buffalo but they won’t. Because MW.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Vader said:

Xactly. He’s got an arm, he can work on the deep throws. Also, it seems the CS wants to see more of MW. Saleh hedged and clarified on the IR question re Wilson saying that yes he is eligible “to play” vs Buffalo but what they really intended was that he “be able to begin practicing Buffalo week.”

Obvi the CS wants to give MW some more well deserved exposure as a look-see. They CAN play Wilson as soon as Buffalo but they won’t. Because MW.

If White continues to play competent football, they better not put Wilson in. Of course, they’ll probably hide him behind the injury but I think that’s a mistake. I’d just say, White playing better now I made a covenant with my guys that the best man goes. If we apply that inconsistently we insult the game, the team, and both individual players themselves. Wilson will get his chance again and has an opportunity to sit and absorb the game.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

If White continues to play competent football, they better not put Wilson in. Of course, they’ll probably hide him behind the injury but I think that’s a mistake. I’d just say, White playing better now I made a covenant with my guys that the best man goes. If we apply that inconsistently we insult the game, the team, and both individual players themselves. Wilson will get his chance again and has an opportunity to sit and absorb the game.

i agree.

and Saleh has set this up all year with the Mims benching. he showed it doesnt matter your draft status you dont win the job in camp or practice you will not play. the rest of the team must love that. FAs to be who are watching will love that to. to know that if they sign here they wont be pushed aside cause we drafted someone at the same position.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

Totally agree. Michael Carter said “Mike treats the game with respect and the game gave back”. I like the karma POV. A good QB room is a good problem to have 

• Upvote 2