Cards Sign Edge

Smizzy

Cardinals | Team makes its push to sign E. James

Sun, 12 Mar 2006 00:56:26 -0800

Mike Chappell, of the Indianapolis Star, reports speculation in Arizona has the Arizona Cardinals making a strong offer to free agent RB Edgerrin James (Colts), one aimed at keeping him from visiting other teams and adding him to their offensive backfield. Drew Rosenhaus, James' agent, declined comment Saturday afternoon, March 11. "I'm hopeful," Cardinals head coach Dennis Green said in Phoenix. "Everybody is working hard. (James) knows a lot of players here."

Cardinals | E. James agrees to terms with team

Sun, 12 Mar 2006 11:41:25 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports free agent RB Edgerrin James (Colts) has agreed to terms with the Arizona Cardinals. Terms of the deal are not yet known, but the team will announce it later on Sunday, March 12.

Cardinals | E. James signs four-year contract

Sun, 12 Mar 2006 11:44:52 -0800

Updating previous reports, AZCardinals.com reports Arizona Cardinals RB Edgerrin James has signed a four-year contract with the team. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed in accordance with team policy.

Edge is one of the most overrated backs i've ever seen... He played on a team with a great line, one of the best passing games in the history of football, and a QB who is a genious at play action and getting defenses off balance before the snap... you could plug anyone in there and he would be a pro bowler...

Did he really just say that?

Edge is one of the most overrated backs i've ever seen... He played on a team with a great line, one of the best passing games in the history of football, and a QB who is a genious at play action and getting defenses off balance before the snap... you could plug anyone in there and he would be a pro bowler...

what the hell are you talking about? The Colts offensive lines is by no means great. Were they great when he was a rookie and had over 2000 all purpose yards and 17 TD's? Was Manning the player he is now?

Truth is Edge isn't the same player he used to be he doesn't have that break away speed anymore and he is still a top 5 runningback because he's got incredible vision and power. Hes an excellent reciever and consistently makes the first tackler miss.

For anyone to say that Edge is overrated is just lunacy.

It's no seceret that success for runningbacks is largely influenced by the offensive line; but if you look at the Colts O-line there aren't any guys that stand out as Pro Bowlers. I know Saturday made it this year and I think Tarik Glenn or Ryan Diem made it also but these guys aren't pro bowlers.

Emmit Smith had an offensive line. Terrell Davis had an offensive line.

B4 any injuries Edge was a breed of RB that nobody had ever seen. Marshall Faulk who will go down as one of the NFLs greatest RB's wasn't even missed by the Colts because of how amazing Edge was.

If any signing was about the money, this was it...Cards ain't going no where...not to the SB for sure.

Ill be honest I think this makes the Cardinals an over night contender. Last year they had absolutely zero running game. All other aspects of the team were vastly improved. The secondary was awful but should be better with Antrel Rolle healthy and with some experience. The passing game will flourish with someone to keep defenses honest running the ball.

If the Cards had a running game last year I think they actually have a pretty respectable season.

One things for sure they should be fun to watch next year.

Insightful post, genius.

what the hell are you talking about? The Colts offensive lines is by no means great. Were they great when he was a rookie and had over 2000 all purpose yards and 17 TD's? Was Manning the player he is now?

Truth is Edge isn't the same player he used to be he doesn't have that break away speed anymore and he is still a top 5 runningback because he's got incredible vision and power. Hes an excellent reciever and consistently makes the first tackler miss.

For anyone to say that Edge is overrated is just lunacy.

It's no seceret that success for runningbacks is largely influenced by the offensive line; but if you look at the Colts O-line there aren't any guys that stand out as Pro Bowlers. I know Saturday made it this year and I think Tarik Glenn or Ryan Diem made it also but these guys aren't pro bowlers.

Emmit Smith had an offensive line. Terrell Davis had an offensive line.

B4 any injuries Edge was a breed of RB that nobody had ever seen. Marshall Faulk who will go down as one of the NFLs greatest RB's wasn't even missed by the Colts because of how amazing Edge was.

It doesnt matter that they didnt have an offensive line, that line was familiar with each other and had been playing together for a few years... that's a LOT more important than having pro bowlers on your line, look at the pats when they were good, for example... and as a Jets fan YOU should know that more than anyone... Besides which you COMPLETELY DETRACT from your whole argument by admitting that they DID have a few pro bowlers... Either way, when defenses play against Manning they are often confused, out of position, and playing the pass... This is a recipe for success no matter who you plug in the backfield... A back like Chester Taylor or Deuce Staley would have had at least as many yards.

What you Edge apologists should be pointing out is that half is worth lied in his ability to pick up a blitz.

I'm sure that's exactly what the Cardinals were thinking when they signed him. They were like "You know? We really don't need a RB but if we just had someone back there to pick up the blitz I would be willing to pay millions."

I'm sure that's exactly what the Cardinals were thinking when they signed him. They were like "You know? We really don't need a RB but if we just had someone back there to pick up the blitz I would be willing to pay millions."

The same cardinals organization that has had so much success in the past right? :roll:

Your a patriots fan... if anything the Jets giving penny 64M should be a sign that sometimes organizations over pay players.

By your logic, then, Marshall Faulk, Emmitt Smith, Thurman Thomas, Roger Craig, and Terrell Davis must all be overrated, since they all produced behind great quarterbacks, offensive lines and wide receivers.

Wow. Awesome signing by the Cardinals to get more fan attention and tickets sold. Edge is one of the best RB's in the league and Kurt Warner can be really successful with Boldin, Fitzgerald and Edge to work with. The only problem is they need a solid OL to protect Warner and for Edge to rush for 1500-1600 yards.

By your logic, then, Marshall Faulk, Emmitt Smith, Thurman Thomas, Roger Craig, and Terrell Davis must all be overrated, since they all produced behind great quarterbacks, offensive lines and wide receivers.

Hmmm...If Edge is overrated how was Martin outrushed by Murrell on the 96 1-15 Jets on less carries and Martin was on the Super Bowl bound Pats! Oh I get it..He's overrated Good Post I agree!:eek:

Archived