Official JN Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Smizzy

Shadow19 page 1 of the Mock:

Good luck and may the best Gm win.

there will be no trades. Ive done my best to to get the most up to date trade info,if you notice something I will continue to update the order throughout the draft.Just Pm me

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Riggo

Jason Allen is a borderline 1 ... awesome value late in RD 2, and he fills a huge need

I almost feel guilty ... like I should be arrested for grand larceny ;)

Very much great value....These cats PM'd me about 2 minutes after the chatwrap that the pick was up....

Being a team player, I decided to draft quickly.....I just figured Allen was taken already...

He's really good, because I was debating being a safety and a CB -- Allen is both.

Thanks Riggo

Jason Allen is a borderline 1 ... awesome value late in RD 2, and he fills a huge need

I almost feel guilty ... like I should be arrested for grand larceny ;)

I actually had Allen as my second choice behind Spencer. It was pretty close for me, but with the line showing age and Mike Brown locking things down in the backfield, I thought I'd take Spencer instead.

Great pick, Ham.

How long do we get this round? I'll be here another hour or so then i gotta run out for a while. I should be back by 6PM though.

2 Hours Stillerpaul -if you want E-mail me, Smizzy and SS your picks

Can someone please pin a thread ... players taken by position

EXAMPLE

QB

==

Matt Leinart

Vince Young

Jay Cutler

RB/FB

====

Reggie Bush

LenDale White

DeAngelo Williams

WR

==

Chad Jackson

Santonio Holmes

etc etc

That thread is already pinned.

I hope you recall, eggs, that I was on the Cutler bandwagon with you for quite a long time now! :lock:

Very surprised to see McNeal go to Pitt..... I never thought he'd be the 4th QB off the board, and never dreamed he'd go in the third....

Ha! I called you eggs! Fruedian slip!

He ain't a QB. He's replacing randle El. ;)

Thunderbird,I may be biased as an Irish fan,but I think Fasano is great value in the middle of the 3rd round. The guy has got a great set of hands,can run with the ball,and can block. He'd be a serious weapon in that Rams offense and I'm sure Bulger would be happy to have a guy like him to throw to in the red zone

Some good picks in this draft. Hard to just pick out a few.

There's some serious value in this round. I see guys still available in this draft that are going to go much higher in The real NFL draft in april.

One of those guys is a player, I just took in WR Demetrius Williams.

Mock drafts are interesting because you need to have an understanding of the types of players your team wants and what their needs are. Then, You need an understanding of where players are expected to go in the draft and then you balance all that out with the players you personally like.

Team needs effects the way you draft players. You try to draft players who make complete sense to the team you are drafting them for. But in an effort to do that, You let some very highly ranked prospects pass you by. It's a fine line trying to balance both sides.

Luckily for me thus far, It's been a perfect marriage of both. I've addressed three pressing needs for The Pats and have drafted their type of players. More work to be done.

In round one, I fought over 3 players. Kamerion Wimbley, Laurence Maroney and Santonio Holmes. All 3 fine prospects who can all help The Pats. I went for the guy that I rated the highest of the three. I wanted to take all 3.

Hey Ham, not to burst your bubble pal but if the Bengals didn't already have a young potential star in Madieu Williams, Allen would be in Black and Orange for sure. ;)

What does everyone think about the Klopfenstein pick? I know it's not real sexy but I loved watching him and Hugh Charles on that team, I wish he could come out this year. I figure it fits their needs at TE where they just lost Schobel and Kelly sucks. The Bengals believe he can be the Bengals answer to Dallas Clark.

Thunderbird,I may be biased as an Irish fan,but I think Fasano is great value in the middle of the 3rd round. The guy has got a great set of hands,can run with the ball,and can block. He'd be a serious weapon in that Rams offense and I'm sure Bulger would be happy to have a guy like him to throw to in the red zone

Thanks, shutout. Fasano is ranked on most boards as a second rounder, and even though the Rams could use a CB, I hated to follow a run. TE is a need, and Fasano is the best of the TE's as far as blocking goes, something the Rams and Linehan have said would change.... Bulger's injuries are in large part because Martz's schemes did not make protecting the QB a high priority.

Fasano has been compared to Bavarro, an overachiever, a guy that is a football player. He isn't a field stretcher like the TE's taken before him, but the Rams have Holt and Bruce. He should be a perfect fit in that offense. He's really the only TE in this draft that is as good at blocking as he is recieving. I was very happy to get him this late. Thanks..... :cheers:

Thanks, shutout. Fasano is ranked on most boards as a second rounder, and even though the Rams could use a CB, I hated to follow a run. TE is a need, and Fasano is the best of the TE's as far as blocking goes, something the Rams and Linehan have said would change.... Bulger's injuries are in large part because Martz's schemes did not make protecting the QB a high priority.

Fasano has been compared to Bavarro, an overachiever, a guy that is a football player. He isn't a field stretcher like the TE's taken before him, but the Rams have Holt and Bruce. He should be a perfect fit in that offense. He's really the only TE in this draft that is as good at blocking as he is recieving. I was very happy to get him this late. Thanks..... :cheers:

Fasano was an amazing value where you picked him.

He was # 1 on my board.

Archived