****OFFICIAL JETS V EAGLES MINSHOWDOWN THREAD****

T0mShane

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We don't pay the players.  I'll never understand the "oh noes, we have to pay a guy!" concern.

If there wasn’t a salary cap, I wouldn’t care. When a guy who can’t get you over the top counts for nearly a quarter of your entire team’s salary, you’re not going anywhere. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Lol, there is no doubt OUR team would have been materially better and more fun to watch had we signed Cousins and skipped on Darnold.

But sure, the 4,300 yard, 35 TD guy who rarely throws INT, HE is the problem we absolutely must avoid, lol.

Jets Fans live in a bubble of alternate reality, where the Same Darnolds, Geno Smiths and Zach Wilsons aren;t why we lose, but the Kirk Cousins are the NFL are the REAL problem.....

To be fair, I noticed no mention of Darnold, Smith and Wilson being better than Cousins. I think the point is drafting a QB who could lead a team to lots of wins is better than getting a veteran who will consistently win half of his games while putting up HOF stats. Many years of mediocracy is not the goal, so the gamble is taken

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Lol, there is no doubt OUR team would have been materially better and more fun to watch had we signed Cousins and skipped on Darnold.

But sure, the 4,300 yard, 35 TD guy who rarely throws INT, HE is the problem we absolutely must avoid, lol.

Jets Fans live in a bubble of alternate reality, where the Same Darnolds, Geno Smiths and Zach Wilsons aren;t why we lose, but the Kirk Cousins are the NFL are the REAL problem.....

This was not meant as an attack on you, so sorry you took it that way.

Mine was just an observation that Cousins, has a coincidental knack of his teams failing in big moments. That is all.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Mine was just an observation that Cousins, has a coincidental knack of his teams failing in big moments. That is all.

Speaking of your signature, who is Phil posting as these days? He was Nico before Nico was Nico.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I wouldn't call it entirely coincidental. He's had some really bad big games and big moments. 

The final game of the 2016 season against the Giants immediately comes to mind

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Hex said:

To be fair, I noticed no mention of Darnold, Smith and Wilson being better than Cousins. I think the point is drafting a QB who could lead a team to lots of wins is better than getting a veteran who will consistently win half of his games while putting up HOF stats. Many years of mediocracy is not the goal, so the gamble is taken

Again, I’ll take many years of 8-10 wins and a top 10 productive QB over our dream of swinging for the fences the past 15+ years.

What we are now, it isn’t better or smarter or more fun.

Best of all you can have your cake and eat it to. Having a Cousins-like Vet doesn’t stop you from drafting possible QB’s of the future. They just get to sit and learn first and have to earn their job.

Imagine that…

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1