****OFFICIAL JETS V EAGLES MINSHOWDOWN THREAD****

T0mShane

Just now, T0mShane said:

1. I acknowledge it was progress. He was a decent looking prospect today.

2. I also acknowledge that most of his passes require the players to contort their bodies into unnatural positions to catch them, which is concerning, and explains some of the drops.

Meanwhile Minshew's "lazy" "limited" floaters are largely hitting dudes in the belly in stride.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^ Just got a PM from Max telling him to knock it off.

WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED, MAX

Tom is our Tommy Devito. You and I can never be in the Founder's Club. But as long as one of us is in the club, we can live vicariously. Let's hope it doesn't end like it did for Tommy D...

• Haha 3

Just now, T0mShane said:

Yeah, I’d imagine the kid gifted all the first team reps might look better than the dude getting the third team reps, and given the way Zach and the offense looks early in the season, I doubt he looked all that goo this summer anyway. And given the way the players reacted to White during and after the Bengals game, I’m guessing they didn’t hold his rough summer against him too much. 

For the record, White got 2nd team reps and, again, barely looked better than Morgan.  Even in a fair QB competition, his play this summer wouldn’t have warranted giving him 1st team reps over James.

I don’t know what else you want me to tell you at this point.  If you truly want to believe that Mike White is a FQB in waiting, that’s your right.  Players reacted well to Greg McElroy coming in and beating the Cardinals as well.  These guys are friends.  They support their friends.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I can honestly say...the ball to Moore just before the INT...back to back bad throws no doubt.

I think one more high one somewhere...and that 4th down at the end of the game...but otherwise a solid performance. 

I know you watch the NFL - you also know guys miss receivers - high, low, wide etc...Zach also had at least 3 balls dropped on him today.

If you can't watch a game like that and acknowledge this was massive progress from what we saw earlier in the year and recognize it was his 7th NFL and this year we were looking to see continue to get better and he has.  

Of course he wasn't perfect - but it's clearly getting better.  Why is that so hard to accept?

Agreed.  Unfortunately there are some that Just made up their mind on him and just want to be given some type of satisfaction that they’re correct.  I mean after 8 games it isn’t fair to make a judgment on the kid one way or the other.  Befall he played pretty good today and made one bad pick.  But they ficus entirely on the pick and seem To have amnesia to the fact that he had 3 touchdowns.  I see a lot of praising of Minshew but let’s be honest our defense literally didn’t even attempt to defend today.  It was t just atrocious defense it looked like they didn’t give a sh*t.  It’s easy to look good as a QB when the opposing defense literally doesn’t show up to play.  

• Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

For the record, White got 2nd team reps and, again, barely looked better than Morgan.  Even in a fair QB competition, his play this summer wouldn’t have warranted giving him 1st team reps over James.

I don’t know what else you want me to tell you at this point.  If you truly want to believe that Mike White is a FQB in waiting, that’s your right.  Players reacted well to Greg McElroy coming in and beating the Cardinals as well.  These guys are friends.  They support their friends.

Who would've gotten the tie? White (journeyman signed to Jets practice squad) or Morgan (previous year 4th round pick by current GM)?

24 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Not preparing for Minshew is a shot at Saleh not Minshew ..try and keep up . 

Read the post. How do you get to me taking a shot at Minshew when I said every QB they have  played this year carved them up with screen passes Didn’t say mention or single out Minshew at all. It was meant as a shot at the defense in general and all involved. So I guess reading comprehension was not your strong suit in elementary school 

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

Not a big deal.  I’ve gotten neg repped and dont bitch about it.  Just relax dude we are both Jet fans.  We are both on the same side 

LMAO no, you don’t bitch about it, you go back and beg rep every post you can find from the person.

Everyone sees it. You’ve done it since Darnold’s rookie season when you got upset with anyone critical of him, and you’re still doing it now with Wilson.

You love to instigate also, making snide little remarks about people without quoting them in your replies to other people. 

Don’t act like it’s just @munchmemory You got called out for it all day in last weeks IGT by a bunch of different people, and now it’s happening again.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Agreed.  Unfortunately there are some that Just made up their mind on him and just want to be given some type of satisfaction that they’re correct.  I mean after 8 games it isn’t fair to make a judgment on the kid one way or the other.  Befall he played pretty good today and made one bad pick.  But they ficus entirely on the pick and seem To have amnesia to the fact that he had 3 touchdowns.  I see a lot of praising of Minshew but let’s be honest our defense literally didn’t even attempt to defend today.  It was t just atrocious defense it looked like they didn’t give a sh*t.  It’s easy to look good as a QB when the opposing defense literally doesn’t show up to play.  

It's utterly fair. Welcome to sports. GMs make judgments on players all the time with no NFL game experience. This is called the draft. We (speaking on behalf of The Haterz) remain open to change that analysis with additional data. It's on Zach. 

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Tom is our Tommy Devito. You and I can never be in the Founder's Club. But as long as one of us is in the club, we can live vicariously. Let's hope it doesn't end like it did for Tommy D...

Or sit in the front seat and hear the words HELLO CARLO. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

LMAO no, you don’t bitch about it, you go back and beg rep every post you can find from the person.

Everyone sees it. You’ve done it since Darnold’s rookie season when you got upset with anyone critical of him, and you’re still doing it now with Wilson.

You love to instigate also, making snide little remarks about people without quoting them in your replies to other people. 

Don’t act like it’s just @munchmemory You got called out for it all day in last weeks IGT by a bunch of different people, and now it’s happening again.

Let it go dude 

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I wouldn’t, and not just for the improved draft position.  

And it’s not just about body of work to this point, it’s what I expect going forward.  This won’t be the last win for Detroit this year, whereas I could easily see us losing our final 5.  They’re set up to finish strong while we head in the wrong direction.

The Lions are the better, more competitive team overall.  Spouting on about a win over the lousy Texans and 2 other victories that seem like a long time ago doesn’t change that.

First year coaches need to learn how to run a running team. Wins are valuable for Saleh, his staff, as well as thr younger players on the roster. 

failing to build off the win last week was a setback 

1 minute ago, jgb said:

The answer is in the question, Mogz.

My entire point was to point out how nothing “unfair” has happened to White.

He struggled to put away a guy like James Morgan in a battle for the #2 job and is being treated as such.

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1. I acknowledge it was progress. He was a decent looking prospect today.

2. I also acknowledge that most of his passes require the players to contort their bodies into unnatural positions to catch them, which is concerning, and explains some of the drops.

Okay,

I can agree.  He needs to get more accurate, absolutely.  

I wouldn't go as far as to say "most" but there were far more than we should be seeing.  I'll also agree if that doesn't get better then he will bust.

But I'm looking for progress and this was a big step forward today.

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

First year coaches need to learn how to run a running team. Wins are valuable for Saleh, his staff, as well as thr younger players on the roster. 

failing to build off the win last week was a setback 

Lions HC is in his 1st year too and they look much better.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

My entire point was to point out how nothing “unfair” has happened to White.

He struggled to put away a guy like James Morgan in a battle for the #2 job and is being treated as such.

I was merely pointing out that this competition would've given any sort of close call to the dude the Jets invested significant draft capital in a mere year earlier. The corollary is that I do not believe this competition was as close as you think it was.

• Upvote 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Okay,

I can agree.  He needs to get more accurate, absolutely.  

I wouldn't go as far as to say "most" but there were far more than we should be seeing.  I'll also agree if that doesn't get better then he will bust.

But I'm looking for progress and this was a big step forward today.

Absolutely.  Today certainly was progress.  Yes he needs to be more accurate but anybody who says he simply sucked today isn’t being objective 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

I was merely pointing out that this competition would've given any sort of close call to the dude the Jets invested significant draft capital in a mere year earlier. The corollary is that I do not believe this competition was as close as you think it was.

And yet, they didn’t go with perigee, because, quite frankly, White was outplayed by Morgan in pre-season.  For whatever reason they went with White.

You can not believe it wasn’t close all you want.  It was.  Worst of all, it was a battle of who looks less horrendous and not who looks better.  There are plenty of training camp reports for you to go back and read if you’d like.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

And yet, they didn’t go with perigee, because, quite frankly, White was outplayed by Morgan in pre-season.  For whatever reason they went with White.

You can not believe it wasn’t close all you want.  It was.  Worst of all, it was a battle of who looks less horrendous and not who looks better.  There are plenty of training camp reports for you to go back and read if you’d like.

No need to go through all that. We just have a different opinion and generally an oppositional outlook on life. One of those is a joke :) 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Regardless of what happened this summer, the Bengals game combined with Zach’s injury should have elevated White into a competition for PT and instead they buried him after the Bills game. I didn’t even mean to get into a White v Wilson discussion tonight, but every time Wilson ****s up, we get a bunch of posts saying “So? Mike White sucks” and I took the bait. Not from you, necessarily, but others (who are dicks). Mike White is a dead issue because it’s Zach or nothing from here on out, and God bless us all. He better show up against the Dolphins next week, because getting roached by Tua would be too much to bear.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Regardless of what happened this summer, the Bengals game combined with Zach’s injury should have elevated White into a competition for PT and instead they buried him after the Bills game. I didn’t even mean to get into a White v Wilson discussion tonight, but every time Wilson ****s up, we get a bunch of posts saying “So? Mike White sucks” and I took the bait. Not from you, necessarily, but others (who are dicks). Mike White is a dead issue because it’s Zach or nothing from here on out, and God bless us all. He better show up against the Dolphins next week, because getting roached by Tua would be too much to bear.

I get it.  Didn’t mean to go there either.  Btw, it’s the Saints at home next week lol.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Fwiw, the QB room was put together like that by design. They intentionally backed up Zach with two slugs so he wouldn’t be challenged. Which is just an extension of this grand problem we have with the people in charge of making Zach work.

No disagreements here.  Like I said earlier, I would have been fine with the kid sitting behind a vet.

32 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Mike White sucks. Period.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I get it.  Didn’t mean to go there either.  Btw, it’s the Saints at home next week lol.

No disagreements here.  Like I said earlier, I would have been fine with the kid sitting behind a vet.

I’m glad we talked this out. I don’t even care that much about Mike White. ??

• Post of the Week 1