A Healthy Jameson Williams is a top 3 Pick

Vader

Had he been able to work out, and ran at the combine in the 4.2s I think he would have been in the conversation for the first WR off the board, if not having the conversation start and end with him.  

Many here feel he isnt worthy of the pick that high but in this draft with the lack of elite talent, and the NFL's obsession with WRs now his value would have skyrocketed with a good offseason.  He would have been mocked in the top 10 certainly in most mocks.  

I think it says a lot that even with the injury he's still firmly a first rounder.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Idk it’s impossible to tell. Is he better than Wilson? I don’t think so. Is he better than London? I don’t think so either.,

teams seem to overdraft pure speed guys all the time tho 

I admit that I don't watch a ton of college football but when I watched JW play this year he reminded me of Randy Moss more than any player I have seen play since Randy Moss was in college.   The way JW could take a 5 yard pass and just accelerate is like nothing I've seen in the last 20+ years.    

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

I admit that I don't watch a ton of college football but when I watched JW play this year he reminded me of Randy Moss more than any player I have seen play since Randy Moss was in college.   The way JW could take a 5 yard pass and just accelerate is like nothing I've seen in the last 20+ years.    

This is the strangest comp I’ve ever heard haha 

I don’t view randy like that at all. He was a freak of nature go deep chuck it and he’ll grab it. 

JW is a slot receiver who has trouble against press but has good speed. 

I just don’t really like him that much. As far as speed guys I’d take waddle last year over him in a heartbeat. Much more naturally gifted athletically imo. Has the lateral agility to go crazy all over the field. JW seems more like a straight line speed guy 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BurntDice said:

This is the strangest comp I’ve ever heard haha 

I don’t view randy like that at all. He was a freak of nature go deep chuck it and he’ll grab it. 

JW is a slot receiver who has trouble against press but has good speed. 

I just don’t really like him that much. As far as speed guys I’d take waddle last year over him in a heartbeat. Much more naturally gifted athletically imo. Has the lateral agility to go crazy all over the field. JW seems more like a straight line speed guy 

Lol, his qb was Chadwick Pennington.  Watch his TD vs army when he catches a 5 yd pass, hurdles a dude, and breaks away for a 90-something yd td.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

Lol, his qb was Chadwick Pennington.  Watch his TD vs army when he catches a 5 yd pass, hurdles a dude, and breaks away for a 90-something yd td.  

I’ve never seen that play before. That was sick! He was so damn good 

5 hours ago, Morrissey said:

ACL injuries in 2022 should not lead to a drop off that big. He'll be a steal for someone. I'd take him at 10. Worth it than getting a inferior player.

The thing is that is he a better prospect than Wilson pre injury? I don’t think so. 

London is hurt right now also and I’d take him over Williams. 

I’ve been digging into pierce more and he looks like he can be a stud. Good route runner and killed it at the combine. 

I’ve been a huge Wandale Robinson Stan and am starting to back off on it a bit with his tiny arms and not great combine performance. I still really like him tho. A guy with a possible higher ceiling in the gadget role is Calvin Austin. Really starting to dig him. 

This class is just too good depth wise to take an injury risk guy with only 1 year of production like Williams who doesn’t have a good record of beating press. I’d rather just take Wilson at 10 (recently heard a steph diggs comp which seems to fit very well) or see if London/Burks fall to the second or maybe pierce/Austin/Robinson in the 3rd 

15 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

The thing is that is he a better prospect than Wilson pre injury? I don’t think so. 

London is hurt right now also and I’d take him over Williams. 

I’ve been digging into pierce more and he looks like he can be a stud. Good route runner and killed it at the combine. 

I’ve been a huge Wandale Robinson Stan and am starting to back off on it a bit with his tiny arms and not great combine performance. I still really like him tho. A guy with a possible higher ceiling in the gadget role is Calvin Austin. Really starting to dig him. 

This class is just too good depth wise to take an injury risk guy with only 1 year of production like Williams who doesn’t have a good record of beating press. I’d rather just take Wilson at 10 (recently heard a steph diggs comp which seems to fit very well) or see if London/Burks fall to the second or maybe pierce/Austin/Robinson in the 3rd 

Well.. I just strongly disagree with that. What does Wilson do that's elite?

4 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Well.. I just strongly disagree with that. What does Wilson do that's elite?

Fantastic at positioning his body to make a catch and lateral agility. Great hands. Makes cuts extremely well which helps get open. Amazing first step. Great at getting separation. Has potential to be a fantastic route runner and fights for yards. 70 receptions 61 were either 1st downs or tds.  He beat out Williams for reps at Ohio state too which is why Williams transferred he was the 4th wr there. He’s an outside receiver while Williams is a slot. 

That stefon diggs comp that I mentioned earlier seems on point. 

His 40 time 20 yard split and 10 yard split were all great. So he’s fast too in acceleration and long speed.

When Williams tries to play on the outside he struggles mightily getting past the line. Most of his production came when there wasn’t someone in his face at the line. That’s not really going to happen often in the nfl. 

Why do you “strongly” disagree?

Jameson Williams is fast…what else? 

I don’t really even want wr at 10 that bad. Would rather go sauce at 4 and edge at 10

2 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Fantastic at positioning his body to make a catch and lateral agility. Great hands. Makes cuts extremely well which helps get open. Amazing first step. Great at getting separation. Has potential to be a fantastic route runner and fights for yards. 70 receptions 61 were either 1st downs or tds.  He beat out Williams for reps at Ohio state too which is why Williams transferred he was the 4th wr there. He’s an outside receiver while Williams is a slot. 

That stefon diggs comp that I mentioned earlier seems on point. 

His 40 time 20 yard split and 10 yard split were all great. So he’s fast too in acceleration and long speed.

When Williams tries to play on the outside he struggles mightily getting past the line. Most of his production came when there wasn’t someone in his face at the line. That’s not really going to happen often in the nfl. 

Why do you “strongly” disagree?

Jameson Williams is fast…what else? 

I don’t really even want wr at 10 that bad. Would rather go sauce at 4 and edge at 10

Acceleration is not the same as top end speed….

On 3/27/2022 at 3:50 PM, Vader said:

Actually I have no idea. Just wanted to grab your attention.

Serious question though. Where does JW go in this draft class had he not gotten injured? 

Thoughts?

You got my attention...because you're right.  If JW had remained healthy, he would've been at the top of my board.  Even with the ACL, i'd still have no issue taking him at #10.  The Jets need someone to take the top off a defense.

• Upvote 1