Mahomes - the anti-Revis.

13 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Over the course of his career Revis earned $85 million. Mahommes has a 10 year $450 million contract.

And yet I worked like a dog for over 40 years, and my total money earned over that time is under $5 Million dollars.  "F" Revis and his $85 million!!!!!

13 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Are you ******* kidding ??? You cannot compare Malhomes gifted contract to Revis' salary. The $$$ and team cap percentage are not close.

A better comparrison would be Malholmes' and Watson's comedic contracts to that of the Goat Brady ... who was never the league's highest paid.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

True 

Brady values rings and “glory” more than anything 

Also doesn’t hurt that his wife is / was a super model whose earnings power dwarfs that of most NFL players

1 hour ago, jgb said:

That contract is going to be renegotiated many times between now and Mahomes retiring/leaving the chiefs. It’s basically designed to be.

I get it and agree that it’s probably going to be renegotiated but doesn’t make a difference.  When each signed Mahomes yearly pay dwarfs what Revis signed for.  If or when they rewrite Mahomes it will be based on a 45M per starting point. 

Mahomes was on a rookie deal that had him locked in for 5 years if the team wanted to hold him to it.  They could have also tagged him for another 2 years.   After his third year before his 4th year the team renegiotated his deal with him.

Sorry but to compare this to Revis is insanely stupid.  Revis out stripped his rookie contract value in year 2.  The Jets didn't renegiotate his deal before year 4 until he forced them to.

6 hours ago, slats said:

Mahomes signed the stupidest contract in the league. Rather than praise him, I’d be concerned that he’s an easily manipulated idiot. He’s basically on a series of rolling two year deals at the team’s discretion with no leverage in the form of guaranteed money, and he’s under contract until he’s 36. 

Revis is the idiot and a pig. Money hungry bastid didn't give a sh*t for

his teammates. Could have made more in endorsements and had a 

nice post football career if he wasn't perceived as the selfish pr*ck

that he is

Revis is the idiot and a pig. Money hungry bastid didn't give a sh*t for
his teammates. Could have made more in endorsements and had a 
nice post football career if he wasn't perceived as the selfish pr*ck
that he is
Totally disagree .. but hey ... to each his own ... Revis left the clown show brought by Rex.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

What a great and realistic, unselfish attitude .  I wish some other athletes would read this and follow it.  If you were happy with the contract when you signed it and you have the basic understanding that eventually somebody is going to get a bigger contract than you, accept it as inevitable.  Play to win games and titles rather than constantly trying to top the biggest contract, hurting your team and everybody else along the way.  Revis never ever understood this concept and that is why I lost all respect for him.  Instead of trying to beat Asomugha, he should have tried harder to beat the Pats.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34281729/kansas-city-chiefs-patrick-mahomes-fine-no-longer-being-highest-paid-qb-knew-signed-deal-set-life

So Mahomes signs a half a billion dollar contract and he’s somehow the anti Revis? No one has signed a contract that big. How is that not Revis-esque? Who is to say Mahomes won’t be demanding a newer bigger contract in couple of years? There is not a chance Mahomes plays out the half billion contract. Half way through, he’d be the 6th highest paid QB and that’s when it’ll sting if he’s still elite. 

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Literally no one said this.  The point of the post was Mahomes is cool with being passed as the highest paid QB.  While being under a 45M per/450M deal

I totally get the sentiment of it all, but the most salient point was that Mahomes grew up the kid of an MLB pitcher who was doing pretty good, the Mets paid him 7.5 million in 2000.  He never needed the money.  Remember that video on Revis! - edit LOL Curtis Martin.  stopped caring...

as an aside, the article I just randomly checked for Pat Mahomes baseball salary had this to say about his earnings:

"When he played for the New York Mates in the 2000 season, his salary bounced up to 7,50,000. He almost made around $2,6,5800 out of his MLB career."

Not sure who wrote that, but the 'New York Mates' sounds kinda kinky.

5 hours ago, Origen said:

I totally get the sentiment of it all, but the most salient point was that Mahomes grew up the kid of an MLB pitcher who was doing pretty good, the Mets paid him 7.5 million in 2000.  He never needed the money.  Remember that video on Revis! - edit LOL Curtis Martin.  stopped caring...

as an aside, the article I just randomly checked for Pat Mahomes baseball salary had this to say about his earnings:

"When he played for the New York Mates in the 2000 season, his salary bounced up to 7,50,000. He almost made around $2,6,5800 out of his MLB career."

But yet Mahomes is making $45M per, under a $450M deal.  
Not needing money when you were a kid really doesn’t mean you don’t need money as an adult.  
They’re at the top of their profession and positions, they deserve to be paid what they’re worth.  

13 hours ago, Origen said:

Need isn't relevant to salaries or value.  

• Post of the Week 1

19 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

But yet Mahomes is making $45M per, under a $450M deal.  
Not needing money when you were a kid really doesn’t mean you don’t need money as an adult.  
They’re at the top of their profession and positions, they deserve to be paid what they’re worth.  

I completely agree, the thing is that when you grow up with money as an unlimited resource that puts the World at your fingertips as opposed to coming up as a middle class kid.  It's not that the needs are different, if anything the kid coming from money would want more!  But in this case, he knows he is set so he can look on it as just life continuing as it always had instead of hitting the lottery for x amount of years and then having to make it last forever.

• Upvote 1