TRADE : " NEW " offer from the VIKINGS ~ ~ ~

kelly

* * hey guys,

the V's have made a " new " offer to the JETS :

hey guys,

a buddy of mine just e-mailed me & said the word in minn. is that the vikings are tryin' to " move-up " in THIS year's draft.

anyway, they're sayin' the V's have made the following offer to the JETS ;

the **UPDATED** DEAL :

JETS get :

- the V's 1st rounder THIS year ( #17 overall ).

- the V's TWO 2nd rounders THIS year ( # 47 & #49 overall ).

* * C.J. Mosley - DT/NT

VIKINGS get :

- the JETS' 1st rounder THIS year ( #4 overall ).

* * the JETS' 7th rounder THIS year ( #??? overall ).

oh, remember,

the jets HAVE the V's 7th rounder THIS YEAR as a result of the s.cowart trade. THIS 7th round pick is LOWER in the round than OUR 7th rounder.

so, we'll STILL HAVE AT LEAST ONE 7th rounder ( the V's 7th rounder ) plus ANY COMP. PICKS IN THE 7th round that the NFL might give us.

just an fyi.

:beer:

ok, apparently the jets want to see what is goin' to happen with

" the john abraham " situation BEFORE they make their FINAL decision re the V's offer.

i guess we'll see.

kelly ~ ~ ~

ok, apparently the jets want to see what is goin' to happen with

" the john abraham " situation BEFORE they make their FINAL decision re the V's offer.

i guess we'll see.

kelly ~ ~ ~

what the hell is there to think about?????

this deal has nothing to do with J.ABE.....

what the hell is there to think about?????

this deal has nothing to do with J.ABE.....

I disagree. FO could be hopeful that if they do trade Abe and stay put that they will be able to grab Super Mario. Also, a trade of Abe should affect the salary cap but I'm not sure on that so that would also come into consideration with paying for the #4 overall.

I disagree. FO could be hopeful that if they do trade Abe and stay put that they will be able to grab Super Mario. Also, a trade of Abe should affect the salary cap but I'm not sure on that so that would also come into consideration with paying for the #4 overall.

good point...

YES... I want that trade..... Mosley is good.. I was unhappy that Jets picked Pouha in 3rd round last year.. Mosley was 5th rounder i think... Who cares.

I dont give a damn who are the Viking eyeing for 4th overall selection... Leinart or Hawk.... Just take it if it is for real.. I am more than happy to see Jets get out of top 10.

Please let it be true... No early April's Fool Day...

I really liked CJ Mosley coming out of the draft last year.

He had some good games last year for the Vikings, but can he play NT?

Thats a solid offer, but the Jets should get 1 more draft pick in return IMO.

Mosley from Missouri, I believe?

I liked him as well, and was shocked to see him fall. I thought he'd go higher.

* * hey guys,

the V's have made a " new " offer to the JETS :

hey guys,

a buddy of mine just e-mailed me & said the word in minn. is that the vikings are tryin' to " move-up " in THIS year's draft.

anyway, they're sayin' the V's have made the following offer to the JETS ;

the **UPDATED** DEAL :

JETS get :

* * C.J. Mosley - DT/NT

VIKINGS get :

* * the JETS' 7th rounder THIS year ( #??? overall ).

I remember both Barton and I were big fans of bringing in Mosley. He would be a really good addition and just makes this trade 10x better. I say do this. 4 picks in the Top 50 and a good, young NT? Do this without even thinking.

**UPDATED** DEAL :

JETS get :

#93 Kevin Williams | DT

VIKINGS get :

I remember both Barton and I were big fans of bringing in Mosley. He would be a really good addition and just makes this trade 10x better. I say do this. 4 picks in the Top 50 and a good, young NT? Do this without even thinking.

124 you got any info on mosley?

i would take that trade in a inute. sucks to lose the #4, BUT YOU STILL GET #15 and the extra 2's would be killer.

F the abe deal. you could figure that somewhere, somehow, youll get at least a second for him at worst and then we would pretty much own the second round.

it would be the most interesting round to watch too....drink and eat and pick pick pick pick

**UPDATED** DEAL :

JETS get :

#93 Kevin Williams | DT

VIKINGS get :

OK enuff bullcrap.

Kevin Williams? No way we'd get Kevin Williams! And where would he play in the 3-4? Defensive end?

I have not seen this anywhere else....

**UPDATED** DEAL :

JETS get :

#93 Kevin Williams | DT

VIKINGS get :

Now this one I DO NOT BELIEVE.

Kevin Williams? There's no freakin' way they'd give up there best player on defense along with 3 Top 50 picks for our 4th overall pick. No way.

Vikings | Moving up for a QB?

Tue, 21 Mar 2006 10:27:15 -0800

The Associated Press reports the Minnesota Vikings have not ruled out trying to move up in the 2006 NFL Draft to take one of the rookie quarterbacks - Southern Cal's Matt Leinart, Texas' Vince Young or Vanderbilt's Jay Cutler. "If you have a little bit of ammo, if you see somebody that moves you, you'd be able to move up if that person was there," said Vikings head coach Brad Childress. The Vikings may package the second-round pick they received from the Miami Dolphins to move up.

The Associated Press reports the Minnesota Vikings have not ruled out trying to move up in the 2006 NFL Draft to take one of the rookie quarterbacks - Southern Cal's Matt Leinart, Texas' Vince Young or Vanderbilt's Jay Cutler. "If you have a little bit of ammo, if you see somebody that moves you, you'd be able to move up if that person was there," said Vikings head coach Brad Childress. The Vikings may package the second-round pick they received from the Miami Dolphins to move up.

I'd move down with them, but unless they are talking both 2nds this year and another high pick next year, I tell them to go talk witht he Saints, because they aren't very bright when it comes to draft day trades.

The only thing the trade of Abe will effect on the cap is the 8.33 million dollars he's making will be taken off. It won't adversely effect our cap. Why? Because it's just salary, it's not a bonus or anything. None of the franchise tag is guaranteed.

Archived