JetNation Forums will always be there for you, Twitter may not

Maxman

On 11/17/2022 at 11:30 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

I would say I'm surprised people actually believe Twitter is going down but then I still see people driving around by themselves wearing a mask.

Interesting bit here.  I was wondering why I see a lot of people by themselves in a car and still wearing a mask.  A relative's spouse is an allergy doctor and she said something interesting.  Many people that suffer from allergies discovered that wearing a mask outside of the home was a big help in reducing their usual symptoms.  So much so, that they will continue to wear face masks whenever they go out.  I'm wondering if that is why I see people in cars with their mask on ??? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Interesting bit here.  I was wondering why I see a lot of people by themselves in a car and still wearing a mask.  A relative's spouse is an allergy doctor and she said something interesting.  Many people that suffer from allergies discovered that wearing a mask outside of the home was a big help in reducing their usual symptoms.  So much so, that they will continue to wear face masks whenever they go out.  I'm wondering if that is why I see people in cars with their mask on ??? 

Local honey does a better job than this theory. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, THE BARON said:

That probably accounts for 0.02% of the people who do it. The rest are flat out virtue signaling

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

That probably accounts for 0.02% of the people who do it. The rest are flat out virtue signaling

Dunno.  Could be.  Or they may have other health issues or friends/family with health issues that put them at greater risk. Perhaps they are being extra cautious in any way they can.  Almost like wearing a religious icon.  It may not be scientific, but it may make some people feel like they are helping.   Who knows.    With the barrage of contradicting and provocative information people are getting these days, we're going to see some odd behavior. 

17 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Dunno.  Could be.  Or they may have other health issues or friends/family with health issues that put them at greater risk. Perhaps they are being extra cautious in any way they can.  Almost like wearing a religious icon.  It may not be scientific, but it may make some people feel like they are helping.   Who knows.    With the barrage of contradicting and provocative information people are getting these days, we're going to see some odd behavior. 

I think Fauci mentioned a new variant that has figured out a way to create itself in a car vents and leverage the fans in car vents to push itself directly into a persons nostrils and kill people. And I am a big believer in Science personally so Im wearing  a mask in my car alone from now on

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I think Fauci mentioned a new variant that has figured out a way to create itself in a car vents and leverage the fans in car vents to push itself directly into a persons nostrils and kill people. And I am a big believer in Science personally so Im wearing  a mask in my car alone from now on

I dig.  Easy to understand that sentiment these days.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

It's religious alright. 

• 2 weeks later...