JetNation Forums will always be there for you, Twitter may not

Maxman

3 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

If Musk loses all 45billion he spent on Twitter, but it gets rid of what it was, its the best 45billion ever spent in the history of spending money. Your loyalty is clear, its on your sleeve.

It’s not his 44 billion. He’s leveraged to the hilt 

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Of course you know better than one of the most successful business men of our lifetime.... The arrogance...... And even if he did, what do you give a crap what he spent on it? Your'e more upset that he bought it and is changing it than what he spent on it.

I don’t care that he made a crappy deal. I’m not upset he bought it.  I thought twitter sucked before he bought it.  It still sucks.   Hope he doesn’t killTesla trying to save it.  

lots of billionaires have bankrupted a lot of companies.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Seems like a great idea but who's going to build and maintain this thing for free, let alone pay for operating costs? What happens when it's overrun by spam bots?

The guys rich.  If he believes in free speech he can set up a trust to fund it.   Rich people sometimes do good things.  Bill Gates has given away enough money to float a company like twitter for generations without needing to monetize it.   Musk didn’t buy this for any reason other than he thinks he can monetize it.   everything else he’s saying is rhetoric.  It’s burning cash and interest rates are rolling over at higher rates.   He needs to stop the bleeding.  

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The guys rich.  If he believes in free speech he can set up a trust to fund it.   Rich people sometimes do good things.  Bill Gates has given away enough money to float a company like twitter for generations without needing to monetize it.   Musk didn’t buy this for any reason other than he thinks he can monetize it.   everything else he’s saying is rhetoric.  It’s burning cash and interest rates are rolling over at higher rates.   He needs to stop the bleeding.  

Oh I thought you were talking about something new all together. Never mind. 

7 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I hope he figures out a way to remove their golden parachutes. They were complicit

I really think Musk will try. Twitter fired their 'chief of security' after he pointed out how Twitter was very non-secure and world leaders could have their accounts hacked, almost with ease. Twitter testified before congress that all accounts were secure while knowing that they were not secure. Plus Twitter board reported to the FEC that less than 5% of twitter accounts were actually bots, another illegal no-no. Twitter was a huge mess long before Musk came along, and that's before we even get into Twitter working with the Biden Admin and FBI to sensor/shut down any Twitter account with 'troubling content'. More on the later I'm sure with GOP control of Congress.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Xtina said:

He overstayed his visa. Like I said the first time around. If you had read it you wouldn’t have replied to what you thought I said 

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/elon-musk-illegal-immigrant/

I honestly dont see it. Frankly dont care either. It really is picayune if he did or didnt.

Now get back to your border patrol unit.

On 11/18/2022 at 4:32 PM, Biggs said:

You can still stand on a crate in Times Square and yell at people. 

Until the guy dressed as Elmo beats the crap out of you because you're scaring away all the suckers who'd get photos taken with him.

With regards to Musk, he should have used that 44 billion in developing a working mech, as he suggested a few years ago.

On 11/17/2022 at 11:27 PM, Maxman said:

Anyone following this Twitter madness? Employees quitting in large numbers. People are wondering where they will get their Jets news from. We let them know we will always be there for everyone.

Elon doesn't want Bankman Fried grabbing all the crazy billionaire  headlines.  I think @Maxmanis safe

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

I don’t care that he made a crappy deal. I’m not upset he bought it.  I thought twitter sucked before he bought it.  It still sucks.   Hope he doesn’t killTesla trying to save it.  

lots of billionaires have bankrupted a lot of companies.

Hes not going to kill Tesla trying to save it, thats ridiculous

On 11/17/2022 at 10:23 PM, Maxman said:

I think Twitter will be fine, but Elon isn't off to a good start there.

Interesting. Depends where you get your news from, one side says sees Twitter has had enormous growth since he took over and cut very political people out and the other side says the world is burning and now it's too free and open to extremists.

To me it's seems like Twitter might be making a lot of money soon and prob be better than ever for sports updates. 

I like the fact checks on there now that are user corrected. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I feel like long time poster are basically stock holders already. We are entitled!!! 

I don't see your name on the list. Did you miss the Union meeting when everyone signed the papers?  That was an important meeting, should have been there.  Anyhow, update your email address and we will notify you of the next one.  :)

• Haha 1

On 11/19/2022 at 6:30 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm not concerned about the guy who runs the company who builds better rocket ships for NASA being able to run a website. That's all.

Oh I'm not concerned. Twitter isn't real life. 

On 11/18/2022 at 1:11 AM, GreenFish said:

There isn’t a good alternative to what Twitter does which provides space for people to react to news. Mastadon has seen a sharp increase in user profiles. But that app is clunky.

My expectation is  that Twitter will continue to lose users but, until a good alternative is available, it’ll survive. Revenge of the fired employee. Hmm. Part II of the Saga. 

Twitter May lose ‘users’ as the bots are curtailed…but I bet over the long term it grows. People like to shout into the wilderness. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Twitter May lose ‘users’ as the bots are curtailed…but I bet over the long term it grows. People like to shout into the wilderness.  make false claims and tell lies about others.

People LOVE talking crap and saying false and hurtful things about other people who do not align with their ideology.

Mike Tyson said it best:

“Social media made you all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it.”

54 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

People LOVE talking crap and saying false and hurtful things about other people who do not align with their ideology.

Mike Tyson said it best:

“Social media made you all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it.”

That predates social media. AOL was the wild  west. 

In light of everything occurring on Twitter regarding the Jets, this serves as a nice reminder that the majority of people at best aren't restrained enough for it, and at worse are simply too dumb for it. Elon would be doing the whole world a favor if it did get run into the ground.

'The sky is falling' narrative regarding Twitter has been hilarious. Also hilarious when people getting sh*t canned is referred to as an 'exodus'. Then again it's 2022 (the stupidest time to be alive) and people will use random words in sentences without having any idea what they mean. 

• Post of the Week 1