JD is over rated

kevinc855

17 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Yep think people are missing this point. Yesterday was bad. If we lose to jacksonville in our building it’s going to get ugly around Floram park 

I live one town over so I will stop in to the fp police station and warn them cause there is a very strong chance thurs does not go well - unless mw is cleared

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Just like you expected these QBs to play this season?

Or that Tua would have put up 41 points for a fish win, R Wilson would have beat us, because he’s been great winning games, Trubisky didn’t play big minutes, Chicago wouldn’t have beaten the Jets with Fields.  

Just pointing out facts. Over half of the Jets 7 wins were against backups. 

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Except first year after gutting the team they’ve been contending.  You’re rooting for wins, hard, in December.  I’m betting you watching the scoreboard and go into games for the first time in years thinking we can win that game and getting pissed when we lose.  Those are the results, it’s on you that you and others who don’t see the difference with this team.  

Sorry I'm not gona enter December with a 7-4 team and at 7-7 say "oh well we are collapsing but at least its in December this year"

Is this really your standard? I understand you are a down trodden boomer Jet fan but this fan base needs to expect more from its team. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

7-4 entering December and not making the playoffs? Won't be a success to alot. Certainly not to me and many other fans. These opportunities only come around so often. This assumption we will be 7-4 again next year is hypothetical. Seize the moment. 

it is a shame - because 2nd and goal inside the 1 in MN.  In Detroit we're up by 4 with two minutes and they only have 1 TO.

I mean those two games alone were immensely winnable - 

It's not that this team isn't capable of beating teams - they just choked away two in the past three weeks.  

Because as you stated - these opportunities don't always come around.  I don't like the idea of we're ahead of schedule.  This is the NFL teams turn things around in a season.

• Upvote 2

I wouldn’t argue with the general idea that he’s not infallible (and realistically nobody is infallible so that doesn’t mean a whole lot - but I’d also say he’s not a top of the league level GM at this time based on his track record), but he’s also probably better than fair. If you’re lining up the 32 GM’s I’d guess he’s in the top half but not the top ten and certainly not in the top five. This roster is dramatically better than it was before he took over, to the point that most of the team besides the quarterback play and the punting is leading to winning and being competitive in games.

A lot of that comes from good process, most of his risky decisions haven’t played out well. He needed to do a better job of sticking to sound process and not falling for flash alone. If he can do that going forward he’s got a chance to stick. But taking gambles has led to him being on a little less steady ground than be would’ve been if he’d just kept things simple.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Matt39 said:

You can't control when or who is playing when you play them. If "back-ups" are an excuse for losing, I guess I could make the statement that the Jets were playing with "back-ups" in many important positions this season, and in many of their losses, so we should feel comforted.

Just not how this game is played.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

it is a shame - because 2nd and goal inside the 1 in MN.  In Detroit we're up by 4 with two minutes and they only have 1 TO.

It's not that this team isn't capable of beating teams - they just choked away two in the past three weeks.  

And the punt return against the Pats - three chokes in the last five weeks.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

The last 3 weeks have been SOO Same old Jets....I mean the 4th and inches 50 yard touchdown yesteday was mind numbing same old jets....IF Saleh and JD want to tell me this team is different I need to see results not just Rah rah

Results so far are SAME OLD JETS

• En Fuego 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

These past three weeks have been incredibly frustrating. 

all three games were winnable - the team made just enough mistakes to lose all three. 

huge bummer. Hopefully this young team learns from these missed opportunities and improves. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, derp said:

I wouldn’t argue with the general idea that he’s not infallible (and realistically nobody is infallible so that doesn’t mean a whole lot - but I’d also say he’s not a top of the league level GM at this time based on his track record), but he’s also probably better than fair. If you’re lining up the 32 GM’s I’d guess he’s in the top half but not the top ten and certainly not in the top five. This roster is dramatically better than it was before he took over, to the point that most of the team besides the quarterback play and the punting is leading to winning and being competitive in games.

A lot of that comes from good process, most of his risky decisions haven’t played out well. He needed to do a better job of sticking to sound process and not falling for flash alone. If he can do that going forward he’s got a chance to stick. But taking gambles has led to him being on a little less steady ground than be would’ve been if he’d just kept things simple.

So many jets gms have been so abjectly horrible that even having a decent gm is a huge upgrade.  Those darnold and adams trades really set the team on the right trajectory.  And really, they could have used AVT, breece and Q yesterday, not to mention mims.  You can’t keep removing key draft picks off the field and expect good results.  I don’t know who Detroit’s best player is, but let’s say it’s Hutchinson.  Take him off the field yesterday and maybe the jets run the ball better.  

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

I made this point a few times earlier in the year but yesterday this roster was exposed. 

1) Zach Wilson was never the pick at 2

2) Berrios signing was a waste of money 

3) Braden Mann stinks. Cutting morestead was unbelievably stupid.

4) Lawson signing was a waste of money 

5) Oline has never been fixed. Sure you can blame this on injuries I suppose but my God. Becton another JD pick is a bust. 

Sure you can point to some nice draft picks and he’s not necessarily  a “bad” GM but my God stop making this guy out to be something he’s not. Seems like JAG GM to me. 

Receipt

• Haha 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

These past three weeks have been incredibly frustrating. 

all three games were winnable - the team made just enough mistakes to lose all three. 

huge bummer. Hopefully this young team learns from these missed opportunities and improves. 

At least the jets are in every game, and they have real playmakers for a change.  This season is still going and if they beat jax we’re still in it thanks to belichick.

3 minutes ago, derp said:

I think this is a fair evaluation. 

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

You can't control when or who is playing when you play them. If "back-ups" are an excuse for losing, I guess I could make the statement that the Jets were playing with "back-ups" in many important positions this season, and in many of their losses, so we should feel comforted.

Just not how this game is played.

Sure. But they’re now playing teams with their starters and are losing. Playing against a backup QB is the biggest advantage in football.

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

And how does the equate into loses.  I gave you who they would have played.  And how do we know what next year will bring and why assume it will be any harder.  I’ll bet you thought the schedule was difficult when it was announced.  That’s why I could care less with the doom and gloom over strength of schedule

1 minute ago, JiFields said:

Stupid thread, dumb reactionary silly butt hurt fanatic nonsense.  JD has been fantastic and the combo of Saleh and him are as legit as it gets, definitely one of the best duo's in the NFL.  This team has been riddled by injuries but otherwise, is absolutely loaded w/ talent and youth, more so than you've ever seen in your lifetime as a Jets fan.  They're a young staff, coaching a young team, growing pains are part of the process but the reality is, they're way ahead of schedule and primed to be very very good for a long time w/ this leadership in place.

baghdad-bob-comical-ali.gif

• WTF? 1
  • En Fuego 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

Sure. But they’re now playing teams with their starters and are losing. Playing against a backup QB is the biggest advantage in football.

Also have all these injuries piled up.  Take Q off that defense and it really suffers.  Take mims and davis off the field and it hurts.  Remove AVT and mitchell.  Collectively, the team the jets fielded yesterday was no better than the lions.  They need all their guys.

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

You are always welcome to join me. Step up or shut up as they say. I will even buy you a value beer

Well, there’s no way I can make Thursday nights game. But I will take you up on your offer next year. 

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

An old Parcellsism is "How do you learn to win big games? You win big games!!!". And, it is really that. This team currently folds under pressure. 

What is one way teams have found a way to fix that? You bring in some vets that are known team leaders and infuse the locker room with a few of those. Understandably, those type of players have shied away from this franchise. Maybe now, that there is actually hope for a future, some of those wily types come here. Like when an aged Ronnie Lott came to the Jets even as a shell of his former self.

You know a way players will not come? Fire the current GM, when the franchise shows a hint of hope. Not even sure what GM would come in after you do that.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Sorry I'm not gona enter December with a 7-4 team and at 7-7 say "oh well we are collapsing but at least its in December this year"

Is this really your standard? I understand you are a down trodden boomer Jet fan but this fan base needs to expect more from its team. 

Yeah, 7 wins, to this point is a step forward.  Crying we were 7-4 is silly.  So we had a 7-4 team and now suck with a 7-7 team?  You look at the entire season, not 11 games. 

And how does the equate into loses.  I gave you who they would have played.  And how do we know what next year will bring and why assume it will be any harder.  I’ll bet you thought the schedule was difficult when it was announced.  That’s why I could care less with the doom and gloom over strength of schedule

It’s just something to consider when evaluating the state of the team. Especially now that they are playing starting QBs and are losing. 

2 minutes ago, derp said:

And the punt return against the Pats - three chokes in the last five weeks.

I do get your point, but I will put that game squarely on the shoulders of Zach though.  Jets were never going to score - baring a punt return of their own - I don't know how win that game.

The other two - were pure choke jobs by the players and coaches.  

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Also have all these injuries piled up.  Take Q off that defense and it really suffers.  Take mims and davis off the field and it hurts.  Remove AVT and mitchell.  Collectively, the team the jets fielded yesterday was no better than the lions.  They need all their guys.

At some point you just have to win. All of this analysis etc etc. Beat the Lions at home to save your season. Injuries or not. 

Yeah, 7 wins, to this point is a step forward.  Crying we were 7-4 is silly.  So we had a 7-4 team and now suck with a 7-7 team?  You look at the entire season, not 11 games. 

Yes going from 7-4 to 7-7 is called a collapse and a good team to a sucking team. Thats what an NFL season is. I dont understand your point. Teams progress or regress 

Just now, FidelioJet said:

I do get your point, but I will put that game squarely on the shoulders of Zach though.  Jets were never going to score - baring a punt return of their own - I don't know how win that game.

The other two - were pure choke jobs by the players and coaches.  

You can criticize wilson all you like, but yesterday’s loss was on everyone including the coaches.  The way wilson was moving the team at the end, if you gave him 3 more plays they would have been closer for the kicker.  That was a major coaching gaffe.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

At some point you just have to win. All of this analysis etc etc. Beat the Lions at home to save your season. Injuries or not. 

True.  And what we saw yesterday was that with that active roster, the d had zero playmakers, wilson is sort of clutch but not there yet (though if you gave him 3 more plays with those time outs i believe they would have got closer for the kicker), and the coaching staff needs to reevaluate how they manage games.

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Yes going from 7-4 to 7-7 is called a collapse and a good team to a sucking team. Thats what an NFL season is. I dont understand your point. Teams progress or regress 

Again I ask, what was your prediction for what the record would be at the end of the year? I have no idea what you said, but would be interested. Show the receipt.

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

Again I ask, what was your prediction for what the record would be at the end of the year? I have no idea what you said, but would be interested. Show the receipt.

Search the forums. I don't make ridiculous predictions. I show up every Sunday and root for wins. Period. Stop.

• Ugh 1