JD is over rated

kevinc855

I made this point a few times earlier in the year but yesterday this roster was exposed. 

1) Zach Wilson was never the pick at 2

2) Berrios signing was a waste of money 

3) Braden Mann stinks. Cutting morestead was unbelievably stupid.

4) Lawson signing was a waste of money 

5) Oline has never been fixed. Sure you can blame this on injuries I suppose but my God. Becton another JD pick is a bust. 

Sure you can point to some nice draft picks and he’s not necessarily  a “bad” GM but my God stop making this guy out to be something he’s not. Seems like JAG GM to me. 

• Upvote 16
  • Thumb Down 33
  • WTF? 3
  • Ugh 5
  • More Ugh 2

7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I made this point a feelw times earlier in the year but yesterday this roster was exposed. 

5) Oline has never been fixed. Sure you can blame this on injuries I suppose but my God. Becton another JD pick is a bust. 

Sure you can point to some nice draft picks and he’s not neccisaeilky a “bad” GM but my God stop making this guy out to be something he’s not. Seems like JAG GM to me. 

this is such nonsense. yeah Joe Douglas is in charge of evaluating the punter performance and making sure Bechton doesnt get GVR pushed into his leg.

Wilson...could have kept Darnold....thats the only other option.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think he is fine. Every GM has bad picks. If you balance them out with good ones, it keeps you around.  The biggest problem is he has missed on the career defining one for most GMs, a QB selected at 2nd overall. How he handles this off season is a big deal. 

Yea my post says it’s ok to call him “fine” but enough of the cult in JD we trust. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think he is fine. Every GM has bad picks. If you balance them out with good ones, it keeps you around.  The biggest problem is he has missed on the career defining one for most GMs, a QB selected at 2nd overall. How he handles this off season is a big deal. 

Zach over a bunch of all league guys like Chase, Parsins and Sewell is a bad loo

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, jbt said:

I know can't believe he wasted picks on Garrett, avt, breece, Michael carters, Mitchell, Moore, and signed that bum reed and whitehead.  

And drafted Becton Wilson mann ashyton Davis Cpt Morgan and signed all stars like perine and Lawson. 

Like I said very mixed results with still no playoffs to show so far in 4 years 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

And drafted Becton Wilson mann ashyton Davis Cpt Morgan and signed all stars like perine and Lawson. 

lol @ calling out mid round picks he missed on. i am not going to do this with you bud, your avatar is literally anti Joe Douglas bullsh*t.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I made this point a feelw times earlier in the year but yesterday this roster was exposed. 

Sure you can point to some nice draft picks and he’s not neccisaeilky a “bad” GM but my God stop making this guy out to be something he’s not. Seems like JAG GM to me. 

There aren’t many teams in the league that would look as competitive as we are weekly if you took away 2 of their 3 best offensive players and had a QB carousel all year. Like another poster said, a good GM doesn’t hit on every pick/signing, but the good clearly outweighs the bad.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Playoffs was an unreasonable expectation I’d argue for at minimum his first 3 years 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, VJphillyfan said:

Zach over a bunch of all league guys like Chase, Parsins and Sewell is a bad loo

Zach is a bad look outside of the 3rd round. Yes, I am not even sure we spend a second on him. We really need to make a move at QB and I am not talking about Brisett or Minshew,  we need to make Kirk Cousins type move. I think Carr would be the best available this season unfortunately. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Playoffs was an unreasonable expectation I’d argue for at minimum his first 3 years 

They’ve had some gift games against backup QBs this year. After this collapse you have to reconsider what type of progress the team has made.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

They’ve had some gift games against backup QBs this year. After this collapse you have to reconsider what type of progress the team has made.

Don’t disagree. Going into this year I can see some fans expecting playoffs, then midway thru the season I think playoffs was a reasonable expectation. But before this season I don’t think any reasonable fan was expecting playoffs 

We all know the offense of problems, the defense is real good, but I keep hearing elite. They’re not elite. Forget who said it on post game but an elite defense wants the chance to end the game with their team up by making a stop.  Regardless how bad the offense looked. Defense had a chance to end the game at home and they didn’t. 

22 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The Jets are historically bad at drafting/picking QB's. Since Namath I can't name one that has been as advertised. Jets need to hire someone who recognizes QB talent. I am not saying fire JD because I think he is a decent GM. Certainly better that what we have had for years, but he needs to get someone on his staff that has had success drafting/selecting QB's.  And don't say Chad Pennington because the Jets missed on the all-time great in that particular draft. Pennington was good but not great and was injury prone.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ex-Rex said:

The Jets are historically bad at drafting/picking QB's. Since Namath I can't name one that has been as advertised. Jets need to hire someone who recognizes QB talent. I am not saying fire JD because I think he is a decent GM. Certainly better that what we have had for years, but he needs to get someone on his staff that has had success drafting/selecting QB's.  And don't say Chad Pennington because the Jets missed on the all-time great in that particular draft. Pennington was good but not great and was injury prone.

We are gonna hold it against the jets that they skipped over tom Brady? Can’t hire anyone that had remotely had anything to do with draft picks for. That year from any team then. Every body passed on him numerous times

• Upvote 2