Mangini On Mike And Mike

GREENSMACKS

said we will play to our strengths, pennington is coming along and working hard,ramsey he likes him because hes smart and tough strong arm, abe trade worked out best for everyone, comments on the draft finalizing the draft board in the next few weeks, they have flexability, and TAKE THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE, not sure about the defense will vary from a 3-4 to a 4-3

said he learned from bill build team with charactor

basically a bunch of crap with a little sprinkle of sugar on top

As I was watching his interview he sounded like a coach with alot of experience when it comes to dealing with media questions. I didn't get alot of info. from Coach Mangini and that is all right. :yawn: However,even though Herm was always entertaining and we as fans knew where and what was going on so did every other teams coach and G.M. I did think he could have went into a little more detail about how the players we have now are doing. That would have been nice to hear. As a whole though, I'm happy we have a coach that at least seems like he knows what he's doing. Hopefuly that will translate on the field.

Listening to this interview, it was Parcells/Bellichek at his best. Eric handled this interview exactly the way they would have.

Can't say I am impressed, but it is what I expected. No meat, just some obvious information.

I was talking with the wife about it and what I like is the philosophy he's bringing to the team-don't put us in a box like Herm did-4-3 only,no shotgun,cover 2-what he is saying is we're going to play to our strengths and the other teams' weaknesses-I'm telling you these are smart guys we have running the ship now-I'm liking what I'm hearing-AND seeing,oh yea and NOT seeing...

Listening to this interview, it was Parcells/Bellichek at his best. Eric handled this interview exactly the way they would have.

Can't say I am impressed, but it is what I expected. No meat, just some obvious information.

i dont care if i ever hear his voice , except on sundays yelling on the sidelines...

Even lending an opinion on player development can tip our hand as to possible targets in the draft.

Exactly Sperm, if you talk about how great this guy is doing then that might lead others to believe you're not going after that position.

Very few people need to know what the progress of the players are, free agency, etc, and you can bet the house that they are fully informed.

Why not give some insight on player development on the team...free agent progress...something

Why? What can he possibly say today that changes the outcome by September? Nothing. And I'd much prefer a regime that says nothing and delivers come gametime than one who has diarhhea of the mouth in the offseason and craps the bed on gameday. So Based on the moves they have made so far and the general philosophy we can see going on right now, I like what I see. They can't prove anything more until the draft and then on gameday. That's all I care about.

What does anyone really expect to hear at a media event like this- you are not going to say anything about players you are targeting either in the draft or free agents. I want my coach to talk to the players who will listen to what he says- that is most important

What does anyone really expect to hear at a media event like this- you are not going to say anything about players you are targeting either in the draft or free agents. I want my coach to talk to the players who will listen to what he says- that is most important

True enough.

We don't need a sound-bite. We need a solid Xs and Os guy.

Why can't we get a regime that is forthcoming with the information? At the end of the day that is really what is important.

:character42:

At the end of the day winning is what is important.

If you remember last year Herm stopped letting the media watch

the practices except for the first 15 minutes because he found out

that the media with spreading the game plan all over the place.

I just don't know what info anybody wants them to tell you guys.

He can't say who they are targeting in the draft, he can't say who

they might want to grab who's left in the FA market.

I know become KC fans then you'll know everything.

What did anyone expect?

"Hi there Mike & Mike. Good to be on the show today. Well here's what our plans are. We're going to be switching to a 3-4 defense. So we need a nose tackle & I really like Ngata. We're not targeting a QB so for all the GM's out there in radio-land, don't make us an offer to move up to #4. Ask Green Bay since now you know whatever top-4 guy you want will still be there at #5. There are still some free-agents out there I'm interested in and I'll name them for you now with how much money we're willing to give them."

or

"Hi there Mike & Mike. Good to be on the show today. Well here's what our plans are. I really want to trade up in the draft. I'm DESPERATE DESPERATE DESPERATE to grab Matt Leinart [or Jay Cutler or Mario Williams or Brick] and I'll be damned if I'm willing to risk him not being there at #4. I'll give anything to move up two slots to guarantee the one guy I'm targeting. I hope I still get a good deal after this interview is over."

At the end of the day winning is what is important.

Exactly.

If he wins he will be loved. If we loses he will be hated.

It is such an easy equation.

Mummbles has the personality of a tampon, yet the Pats love him.

Must be those rings. :)

BZ

Exactly.

If he wins he will be loved. If we loses he will be hated.

It is such an easy equation.

Mummbles has the personality of a tampon, yet the Pats love him.

Must be those rings. :)

BZ

The more Gatorade poured on a Coach, the more the fans love him. Does not matter one bit if he has the characteristics of Jesse James.:rolleyes:

"Mummbles has the personality of a tampon, yet the Pats love him."

It's urinal cake, but no matter.

General coachspeak. Mangini will say nothing anyone can latch on to, in gameplanning, personnel or the draft. It's bland, but that's what works.

said we will play to our strengths, pennington is coming along and working hard,ramsey he likes him because hes smart and tough strong arm, abe trade worked out best for everyone, comments on the draft finalizing the draft board in the next few weeks, they have flexability, and TAKE THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE, not sure about the defense will vary from a 3-4 to a 4-3

said he learned from bill build team with charactor

basically a bunch of crap with a little sprinkle of sugar on top

More like a boring Herman Edwards

Why?

The only thing Mangini owes Jet fans is a winning product on the football field.

Exactly. I think he handles himself well. He'll be fine. I can't remember the last time Bill Cowher gave any actual info away during an interview. Mangini is doing good not to let the media get to him IMO.

i dont think anyone would understand sylvester anyway...

Exactly. I think he handles himself well. He'll be fine. I can't remember the last time Bill Cowher gave any actual info away during an interview. Mangini is doing good not to let the media get to him IMO.

Why?

The only thing Mangini owes Jet fans is a winning product on the football field.

I see nothing wrong with playing his cards close to the vest, as long as he has a decent hand when it's time to lay the cards on the table.

Geez sorry for wanting to hear the coaches opinions about players that are on the roster. Boy there is alot of Kool Aid being passed out around here I cannot wait until the middle of the season and see where you all stand. I am not ready to annoint this guy boy wonder without having proven anything in the NFL. Every thing he does is considered planned out and genius. Everything is Bill-like...

Archived