Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I lean towards jgb just being a quick study at the moment.  Correct me if I’m wrong but all of the terminology he’s used to this point has been stuff that was already present in the game thread prior to his usage.

Yeah it’s really limiting to constrain myself so

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If he IS scum, well, he’s a high activity player and we’ll be able to box him in pretty quickly.  I’m good to leave him alive at least until D2 short of him committing a really bad slip that outs him.  

See above ;) 

Votecount
Pac - Beaver, jvill, Pac, Barry (4)
Jvill - Stark (1)
Greenseed - 80, crusher (2)
80 - , jgb, Hal (2)

jgb - lurker, smash, green seed (3)

barry - arsis (1)

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
There is no deadline at this time.

4 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

I’ve always been consistent with my sensitive OMGUS votes. The fact that I’m Pied Pipering the newbies here makes me feel gross. 

unvote 

You didn’t have chit to do with it

Of course, you knew that and are trying to walk it back. Something stinks.

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

Only have directly accused one. You’ve said it yourself suspect all are until proven otherwise.

Smart play.  Zeroing in on one scum is fine but always try to have a “top 3” in mind while realizing anyone can be scum at all times.  Except Barry who Nolder all but confirmed unless there’s something called a scum deputy lol

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Smart play.  Zeroing in on one scum is fine but always try to have a “top 3” in mind while realizing anyone can be scum at all times.  Except Barry who Nolder all but confirmed lol

I’d be surprised if both you and peen were scum, actually. It would’ve been a particularly vicious bussing you did to him that carried an unacceptable risk of backfiring and building momentum resulting in his death. But maybe you’re just that good!

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, jgb said:

I’d be surprised if both you and peen were scum, actually. It would’ve been a particularly vicious bussing you did to him that carried an unacceptable risk of backfiring and building momentum resulting in his death. But maybe you’re just that good!

I’m definitely not known for this.

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No deadline yet.  Nolder will let us know when one is established.  

I see now the scum must be much more deliberate since they begin the game vastly outnumbered. I was under the false impression in the beginning that it started 50/50. Bussing to be effective needs to be convincing but not too convincing so as to result in a scum death. I think your assault on peen — would be the latter if a bussing. 

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

I see now the scum must be much more deliberate since they begin the game vastly outnumbered. I was under the false impression in the beginning that it started 50/50. Bussing to be effective needs to be convincing but not too convincing so as to result in a scum death. I think your assault on peen — would be the latter if a bussing. 

Once the game is 50:50 it’s over because a voting majority can’t be achieved.  

So yep that’s why it’s usually about 25 % scum.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Once the game is 50:50 it’s over because a voting majority can’t be achieved.  

So yep that’s why it’s usually about 25 % scum.  

Assuming complete knowledge which is probably rare until very late 

5 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Harrison Ford What GIF

New theory: Nolder DID assign at least one of the new players a role, which would explain their fascination with “roles.”

It’s one thing to be chatty on Day 1, but to be driving so much action makes me think I was off base when I cleared the newbs. 

@jgb is either a natural at Mafia or is acting on direction from his scum coaches.  If I’m wrong I apologize, but I’m probably not.

Vote jgb

So you went from "the mod wouldn't make a newb scum" to "new theory mod made jgb scum" after being called out and having a little train built up. That's pretty flakey, even for green peen. .

I could kill this, even though I prefer to kill pac.

unvote

vote greenpeen

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So you went from "the mod wouldn't make a newb scum" to "new theory mod made jgb scum" after being called out and having a little train built up. That's pretty flakey, even for green peen. .

I could kill this, even though I prefer to kill pac.

unvote

vote greenpeen

Since you’ve been outted as a deputy, I assume you can share for us newbs what your power is? If that’s against the rules, I apologize.

19 hours ago, jgb said:

I don’t masturbate while posting 

19 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Careful. One of the oldest rules in mafia is "Lynch all liars"

19 hours ago, jgb said:

I consider using a fleshlight as having a partner 

Just want to share is this is where I left off, so good start to my morning!!!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, jgb said:

When do we need to decide?

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No deadline yet.  Nolder will let us know when one is established.  

No deadline but there's a benefit to not allowing days to drag on forever. We don't need a deadline to put up enough votes to lynch someone. As the game progresses and more information becomes available it's useful to go back and read older posts with the new context. If you have days that drag on with a crapload of "nothing" posts, it makes doing this annoying and less effective. aka - good for scum. 

You also don't want days to go too quickly so that there's nothing to look back on. There's a happy medium. 

That said, day 1 is typically mostly sh*t posting. My preference would be to string someone up sooner than later. We find out what their alliance is and then the game really starts.

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

tbh I don't know wtf nolder was talking about since my role just says explorer

?‍♂️

Damn. Was gonna offer that if deputy power is to investigate i would link my vote to yours today if you agree to investigate 80 tonight.

17 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

I don't think Nolder would sacrifice a game that already feels complex by giving a first-timer a scum role.  Which puts you and him in my town pile.  Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. 

BTW: this link helped me when I first got started: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

ewwwwww....pingy ping pa ping ping ping

14 hours ago, jgb said:

Consider: as a new player, if I were scum, I’d be coordinating with the other scum and no way in hell they’d let me run the queen’s gambit on day one of my first game.

Consider:  this exact counter argument has been made by new scum many times over the years.

;-)

6 hours ago, jgb said:

I have stirred up the scum hive by calling out JF80 and nailing it. So much so they’re completing ignoring the unwritten rule to not lynch a first time player on day 1. You’re now under suspicion yourself peen as being bussed by 80 early day 1 to deflect. 

ALL TOWN VOTE JF80.

But I'd forget it all and vote with you if I could.  Bastard Nolder and his traps!

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It wouldn't be throwing lambs to slaughter by putting one on a scum team.  We rarely vote off brand new players early on in games, as an unwritten policy.  If anything, its an advantage to be a new player being placed on the scum team in the first game.  As a townie, new players tend to feel really lost in that first game and are just kinda thrown into the fire.  As scum you can hide in plain sight.

Again, I'm pretty sure Nolder randomizes alignments anyways so this is moot and gross mod-gaming on your part.  My vote stays.

Not surprising, first time 80's ever you sound logic it's really not about the game but just generalities of mafia.  

Just now, Verbal said:

Consider:  this exact counter argument has been made by new scum many times over the years.

;-)

I wouldn’t know.

Just now, Verbal said:

But I'd forget it all and vote with you if I could.  Bastard Nolder and his traps!

Your moral support is appreciated!

15 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Seems to me a trap might be more of a detriment to scum than town from what we’ve seen so far.  A deputy getting outed D1?  Eh, not a HUGE deal.  Scum role getting outed D1?  Far bigger deal.

hmmmm.....you think the mod set up a game where our actions trigger traps that out....scum?

and were back to our regularly scheduled 80 logic

carry on

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, JiFields said:

hmmmm.....you think the mod set up a game where our actions trigger traps that out....scum?

and were back to our regularly scheduled 80 logic

carry on

He’s trying to explain why a scum wouldn’t be posting as much as him….

15 hours ago, jgb said:

@Jetsfan80 is scum.

The evidence:

-He has been active all day in the thread. I set a trap for him. Of the very few of my posts he did not react or respond to were the three where I insinuate or directly suggest he is scum. The odds of this being a coincidence are very low.

-He has — quite skillfully I must admit — created a voting bloc against @Pac without arousing suspicion that it’s the result of behind-the-scenes coordination.

-His attempts to sow doubt against the assertion that @Nolder would not make a new player a scum is classic deflection. I know that of the two new players — at least one, me — is not scum and for now I’m operating under the assumption that @Lurker is not, as well.

Therefore:

unvote jgb

vote JetsFan80

I invite my fellow townies to follow suit and kill a scum in round 1. Let’s grab an early advantage here and put the scum on their heels.

This is a fantastic case, the hard part for many of veterans is, 80 is the most illogical, whimsical players in the history of mafia.  Nothing he does actually makes any sense which tends to have him fall on everyone FOS/scum lists.

• Haha 1