Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

12 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

what do you think about smash so far ?  why would you ask that question out of the clear blue to a newbie ?

I don't like this one bit

he's  voting and unvoting in a series yesterday, I just wanted to see his response. 

Votecount
Pac - Beaver, jvill, Pac, Barry (4)
jgb - lurker, smash, green seed (3)
Greenseed - 80, crusher (2)
80 - jgb, Hal (2)
Jvill - Stark (1)
barry - arsis (1)

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
There is no deadline at this time.

• More Ugh 1

12 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Kind of a weird comment.

Seems like you might have some thoughts on him since you brought him up out of the blue. Why not share?

see above to smash.

just seeing his response, smash's name was the random name I went with.

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

cool. you've basically said nothing so far. cat got your tongue?

no cat. I didn't even read the game thread after about 3 pm yesterday. reading through now. 

you wanna throw a vote at me go ahead 

22 hours ago, Nolder said:

*** A TRAP HAS BEEN TRIGGERED ***

As you are all standing uneasily in the rain the pitter patter of the droplets starts to pick up and the sky darkens. It is no longer a light rain but has turned into a heavy downpour. You all move to find some cover and then... CRACK! There is a sudden flash of lightning and for just a second Barry, who failed to move under the awning sticking out from the hotel quickly enough, is illuminated and you all get a really good look at him for the first time.

The name of Barry's role is: Deputy

30 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

tbh I don't know wtf nolder was talking about since my role just says explorer (vanilla town)

?‍♂️

Pop Tv What GIF by Schitt's Creek

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, JiFields said:

hmmmm.....you think the mod set up a game where our actions trigger traps that out....scum?

and were back to our regularly scheduled 80 logic

carry on

I was thinking about this… if someone triggers a trap and isn’t outed… it may increase their odds of being scum since as you say a trap to out scum is game-breaking. Nolder would have to come up with something else for that person… like merely losing a day’s vote…

Meme Think GIF

15 hours ago, jgb said:

Consider: as a new player, if I were scum, I’d be coordinating with the other scum and no way in hell they’d let me run the queen’s gambit on day one of my first game.

NAI. this is exactly what a veteran led scum team would do. this  your first time playing? 

15 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

It sounds like a huge departure from tradition to make you scum game 1.  

But there has been a crime.  Someone has to pay for it.  Maybe even the right person.  

No one is excluded from any role in  their first game, not historically. we've seen plenty of new players Fu∆k up powerful roles on both sides their first game

15 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

I'll vote to kill 80, Pac, or jgp... i just want blood day one for posterities sake.

Who must die?

lol. how many players have you voted for. you are hyperactive 

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I lean towards jgb just being a quick study at the moment.  Correct me if I’m wrong but all of the terminology he’s used to this point has been stuff that was already present in the game thread prior to his usage.  

If he IS scum, well, he’s a high activity player and we’ll be able to box him in pretty quickly.  I’m good to leave him alive at least until D2 short of him committing a really bad slip that outs him.  

Job does sound a bit comfortable. but you did provide a post of a bunch of Mafia terms and abbreviations

Smart play.  Zeroing in on one scum is fine but always try to have a “top 3” in mind while realizing anyone can be scum at all times.  Except Barry who Nolder all but confirmed unless there’s something called a scum deputy lol

Barry is a deputy that we don't know what exactly that is. could be either alignment

43 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Damn, we 12 pages deep???  This game has some velocity to it.  Is Mafia back? There seems to be some fervor in the posting too, I'm so excited t to read this and figure out the entire game.

Be back in a JiF!

Dc Comics Batman GIF

224785389-bat-signal-wallpaper.thumb.jpg.a33af54826fb637f40402bffc0ac61f7.jpg

saw @Barry McCockinner post he's vanilla town and doesn't know wtf nolder called him deputy. lol did Nolder mess up?

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

NAI. this is exactly what a veteran led scum team would do. this  your first time playing? 

Yes

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

saw @Barry McCockinner post he's vanilla town and doesn't know wtf nolder called him deputy. lol did Nolder mess up?

I read on mafia wiki that deputy can be a secondary role for a vanilla who doesn’t even know he has such a role in the beginning of the game but takes over as the cop if the actual cop gets lynched 

Just now, jgb said:

I read on mafia wiki that deputy can be a secondary role for a vanilla who doesn’t even know he has such a role in the beginning of the game but takes over as the cop if the actual cop gets lynched 

well you have been well versed to this point, forgot about that wiki.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, jgb said:

If I’m scum then the townies will easily win because the scum would be doing a really terrible job of putting a leash on me. If the scum strategy is let the new guy go donkey, game is already decided.

Delicious WIFOM.  You're like a veteran already

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

I was thinking about this… if someone triggers a trap and isn’t outed… it may increase their odds of being scum since as you say a trap to out scum is game-breaking. Nolder would have to come up with something else for that person… like merely losing a day’s vote…

Meme Think GIF

past games these types of mechanics affect bot aligments iirc 

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yes

58 minutes ago, jgb said:

Since you’ve been outted as a deputy, I assume you can share for us newbs what your power is? If that’s against the rules, I apologize.

hipster GIF

I lean towards jgb just being a quick study at the moment.  Correct me if I’m wrong but all of the terminology he’s used to this point has been stuff that was already present in the game thread prior to his usage.  

If he IS scum, well, he’s a high activity player and we’ll be able to box him in pretty quickly.  I’m good to leave him alive at least until D2 short of him committing a really bad slip that outs him.  

@The Crusher King of the scum

@jgb the Protege 

@Jetsfan80 the apologist

7 hours ago, Arsis said:

Barry, smash and lurker scum team

Which of the three going up?

Barry and smash talking about a plan in the qt and getting it mixed up and commenting on it at the same time is a hell of a way to out yourselves.

Lmfaoo

Unvote vote Barry

surprised steve urkel GIF

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Arsis said:

Sir, I'm the human Resources manager for an Amazon warehouse. I run the entire building of 2k employees . I'm busy as dick. I work very long hours.

That's awesome dude!  My wife used to do all the onboarding for the warehouses...she's launched a bunch! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiFields said:

surprised steve urkel GIF

22 minutes ago, Beaver said:

My unvoting and voting were all very quick joke votes.  One was to Nolder.    One was to Barry which I went back to Pac.   

you really already defending D1 votes... nice

Lets get it....

VOTE ARSIS pretty much anyone that vote Barry is sus

• Upvote 3

If everyone had grabbed ass enough, why don’t we just go ahead agree and Lynch Green Peen once all of you read through. Pac is Pac and the votes on him for  being Pac make sense because he sucks a at this, but him voting himself is far from a scum tell. Not voting  JGB anytime soon, great addition to the game, very well could be parroting out of the scum chat but I don’t struggle thinking he’s in the discovery phase just looking shit up. Not sure who other leaders are, but Greenseeds gaming the mod post are gross. 

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

No deadline but there's a benefit to not allowing days to drag on forever. We don't need a deadline to put up enough votes to lynch someone. As the game progresses and more information becomes available it's useful to go back and read older posts with the new context. If you have days that drag on with a crapload of "nothing" posts, it makes doing this annoying and less effective. aka - good for scum. 

You also don't want days to go too quickly so that there's nothing to look back on. There's a happy medium. 

That said, day 1 is typically mostly sh*t posting. My preference would be to string someone up sooner than later. We find out what their alliance is and then the game really starts.

It disgusts me that we have you confirmed town because this post is disgusting.  This clearly isnt a normal D1.  We're getting information you normally wouldnt w/ out blood. 

• Upvote 1