Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Or scum will likely kill him tonight considering both roles are town roles. If Barry’s scum I don’t see were him claiming VT instead of just going with the deputy claim Nolder gave him. Why complicate it?  doesn’t make sense. 

He’s trying to make an absurd smokescreen to bury posts that Barry is *fact* town. I wonder why. I heard he was good at this. Maybe because the level of competition has been weak but this is an outrageous error day 1.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Unvote vote 80

I've already mentioned his scum trying to avoid traps post, but the below caught my eye as well.

The Pac train dynamics are the biggest thing. 80 votes Pac, very quickly Lurker follows, Verbal doesn't have a vote but chimes in with a fake one, Beaver and jgb note the quick build up as well. Then 80 tags Pac noting the vote count, before quickly breaking off the train and moving to Greenpeen before Pac even has to respond at all to the pressure (even if it was just a joke train). 80's vote started the momentum that took Pac's train from 4 to 6, and before seeing if anything at all comes from it he bails and the train melts. (NOTE: Pac's train wasn't actually at 6 at the time, there was a missed unvote from Beaver included, but 80 and others believed it was at 6).

I'm fine with the reasoning for the vote on Peen, but even the way he went about it felt a bit off / performative. No mention of Peen doing dumb sh*t like this all the time, "my vote stays". Almost like overstating the strength of the case to paper over the weird Pac movement.

When I get bored with the batman logic and barry this could be a direction

• Haha 2

Just now, JiFields said:

Only certain people would be certain of that...

and again, it's by far the most informative lynch.  You're not going to vote for scum every time, there are often town casualties.  If Barry is town, and not the Deputy, we learned more from that than a random townie.

You’re trying to spam bury. Won’t work. Barry is town. Revealed via trap. It’s done.

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Its not always that cut and dried jgb town needs info and the way we get it is with lynches or by running people up to confirm them. If power roles get exposed there are protective roles but at least we narrow the field. This is not the best example since the mod confirmed him but there's lots of ways info can be had in this game.

I understand lynching for information but only scum would hide behind that when we already have said information.

The scum have started too aggressively this game. I thought they were supposed to try to hide.

Just now, jgb said:

I understand lunching for information but only scum would hide behind that when we already have said information.

The scum have started to aggressively this game. I thought they were supposed to try to hide.

I understand lunching anytime but not sure how it pertains to mafia. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Stark said:

is this your first game too? and who would you NOT vote for 

Yes.... but your missing the point and re-railing my chaos.

Looking at the facts

Barry is a Townie 

70-80% sure jgb is Townie 

Greenseed has pinged some red flags 50%  scum.

Your random questioning of Smash reeks of a half assed attempt at bussing at a minimum  a scum deflection.

You were also barely posting but also trying to direct the flames and are targeting me as someone whose vote can be easily swayed based on my "hyperactive" nature and @jgb'jgb's running thesis on my  flipancy and malleablity.

You are currently a top the list of someone who should be put down like a bad dog.

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Or scum will likely kill him tonight considering both roles are town roles. If Barry’s scum I don’t see were him claiming VT instead of just going with the deputy claim Nolder gave him. Why complicate it?  doesn’t make sense. 

I'm not claiming he's scum.  He's very likely town but we need to sort that mechanic out.  We are currently operating as if "traps" are confirming roles.  Dangerous slope if you ask me.

3 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Only certain people would be certain of that...

and again, it's by far the most informative lynch.  You're not going to vote for scum every time, there are often town casualties.  If Barry is town, and not the Deputy, we learned more from that than a random townie.

So you're calling the mod a bastard here ? if the mod confirmed Barry a townie then Barry is a townie. jgb makes a good point but im still okay with getting info in the vote count and hearing barry weigh in

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Unvote vote 80

I've already mentioned his scum trying to avoid traps post, but the below caught my eye as well.

The Pac train dynamics are the biggest thing. 80 votes Pac, very quickly Lurker follows, Verbal doesn't have a vote but chimes in with a fake one, Beaver and jgb note the quick build up as well. Then 80 tags Pac noting the vote count, before quickly breaking off the train and moving to Greenpeen before Pac even has to respond at all to the pressure (even if it was just a joke train). 80's vote started the momentum that took Pac's train from 4 to 6, and before seeing if anything at all comes from it he bails and the train melts. (NOTE: Pac's train wasn't actually at 6 at the time, there was a missed unvote from Beaver included, but 80 and others believed it was at 6).

I'm fine with the reasoning for the vote on Peen, but even the way he went about it felt a bit off / performative. No mention of Peen doing dumb sh*t like this all the time, "my vote stays". Almost like overstating the strength of the case to paper over the weird Pac movement.

A joke train falling apart early on D1 is not a case my man.  

Not sure what you mean by the bold either.  I don't remember Greenpeen doing sh*t like this "all the time".  We haven't played Mafia in 2 years and I don't remember much of anything about his style of play or any dumb sh*t he's done in the past?

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

I understand lynching for information but only scum would hide behind that when we already have said information.

The scum have started too aggressively this game. I thought they were supposed to try to hide.

but like, we dont have information.  Barry is saying the "trap" falsely revealed his identity

2 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Yes.... but your missing the point and re-railing my chaos.

Looking at the facts

Barry is a Townie 

70-80% sure jgb is Townie 

Greenseed has pinged some red flags 50%  scum.

Your random questioning of Smash reeks of a half assed attempt at bussing at a minimum  a scum deflection.

You were also barely posting but also trying to direct the flames and are targeting me as someone whose vote can be easily swayed based on my "hyperactive" nature and @jgb'jgb's running thesis on my  flipancy and malleablity.

You are currently a top the list of someone who should be put down like a bad dog.

Lurker Im interested in why you think jgb is leaning town 

26 minutes ago, jgb said:

Pitch him one minute before the deadline and there is your answer 

Youre being such a c**t ?, I really hope you die first and are unceremoniously shived in the bladder in the night, left to die in a puddle of your own piss.

If I'm  a doc I wont be wasting a res on you even though you'd actually be useful asset endgame.

• Haha 1

Just now, JiFields said:

but like, we dont have information.  Barry is saying the "trap" falsely revealed his identity

“The Deputy may or may not be self-aware (if not, they will receive a Vanilla Townie Role PM). Occasionally a self-awareDeputy is called a Retired Cop.“

Barry learned when we did. That’s why he is surprised/confused.

1 minute ago, JiFields said:

I'm not claiming he's scum.  He's very likely town but we need to sort that mechanic out.  We are currently operating as if "traps" are confirming roles.  Dangerous slope if you ask me.

Is Barry the only one who hit that mechanic so far? Was there another one besides him and Verbal? I get it but if Barry is the only one and it’s pretty obvious he’s Town not sure what the rush is. I’d rather try to Lynch scum today. 

Just now, Lurker89 said:

Youre being such a c**t ?, I really hope you die first and are unceremoniously shived in the bladder in the night, left to die in a puddle of your own piss.

If I'm  a doc I wont be wasting a res on you even though you'd actually be useful asset endgame.

If you’re a doctor, I’ll take my chances untreated 

1 minute ago, Lurker89 said:

no u didn't

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

That escalated quickly! Haha 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

“The Deputy may or may not be self-aware (if not, they will receive a Vanilla Townie Role PM). Occasionally a self-awareDeputy is called a Retired Cop.“

Barry learned when we did. That’s why he is surprised/confused.

This is an assumption, not fact.

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

So you're calling the mod a bastard here ? if the mod confirmed Barry a townie then Barry is a townie. jgb makes a good point but im still okay with getting info in the vote count and hearing barry weigh in

weigh in?

My role says: Explorer (vanilla town)

What else do you expect me to say about it?

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Is Barry the only one who hit that mechanic so far? Was there another one besides him and Verbal? I get it but if Barry is the only one and it’s pretty obvious he’s Town not sure what the rush is. I’d rather try to Lynch scum today. 

I'm not rushing anything, I've said 5x now that if nothing transpires between now and the deadline, he's the most informative lynch.

The fact that I'm having to explain, literally the simplest logic in the game is over and over again is mind boggling but I guess its been a minute. 

Just now, JiFields said:

This is an assumption, not fact.

Go for it. When he’s lynched and re-confirmed as a townie it becomes a simple matter of systematically hunting down all who voted for him despite knowing he’s already town.

Just now, jgb said:

Go for it. When he’s lynched and re-confirmed as a townie it becomes a simple matter of systematically hunting down all who voted for him despite knowing he’s already town.

You're making sweeping generalization all over the place.  It's ok, you'll learn.  

2 minutes ago, JiFields said:

You're making sweeping generalization all over the place.  It's ok, you'll learn.  

You don’t have to have experience playing the game when the mod has already outted a player as a town role. Is this seriously your strategy?

I mean if the mod can lie in Mafia lemme know.

2 minutes ago, JiFields said:

I'm not rushing anything, I've said 5x now that if nothing transpires between now and the deadline, he's the most informative lynch.

The fact that I'm having to explain, literally the simplest logic in the game is over and over again is mind boggling but I guess its been a minute. 

It’s been evident for over a decade we don’t deserve you. Duh! 

• Haha 2

Just now, jgb said:

You don’t have to have experience playing the game when the mod has already lifted a player as a town role. Is this seriously your strategy? 

You're missing the point, it's ok.  I've said what I've said, I made my vote, people can choose to be ignorant or here what I'm saying and follow.  Dont care either way, but I'm 100% right about the situation, like usual.