Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

Just now, JiFields said:

You're missing the point, it's ok.  I've said what I've said, I made my vote, people can choose to be ignorant or here what I'm saying and follow.  Dont care either way, but I'm 100% right about the situation, like usual. 

So your position is the mod is a liar. That renders the entire game meaningless then doesn’t it?

• Haha 1

I'm not even sure traps actually exist in this game. Might be scum powers and that's just the flavor given to them.

I'm not sure of anything until I see it actually confirmed in game. Even then I've seen mods lie about alignment in death posts.

Curious why no one is questioning any of this and just taking it at face value?

We know one of two people are lying Barry or Nolder I'd lynch either of them. Lynch all liars.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Arsis said:

I'm not even sure traps actually exist in this game. Might be scum powers and that's just the flavor given to them.

I'm not sure of anything until I see it actually confirmed in game. Even then I've seen mods lie about alignment in death posts.

Curious why no one is questioning any of this and just taking it at face value?

We know one of two people are lying Barry or Nolder I'd lynch either of them. Lynch all liars.

Deputy may not be self aware. Barry was outted as a Deputy to us and to himself at the same time. Hence his reaction.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Listen scum back off ..   but. @jgb glory hounding and his attachent ro proper gameplay in his first game is either 70% townie zealotry and over excitement or 30% a really good scum play.

or being coached up in the scum thread with over excitement . which is why he now started posting wiki pages to claim thats where he got his early info rather than his scum teammates. We can learn more as the game goes on.... Who knows maybe jgb is the type who goes out and finds info for himself rather than constantly asking questions in the game thread 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

or being coached up in the scum thread with over excitement . which is why he now started posting wiki pages to claim thats where he got his early info rather than his scum teammates. We can learn more as the game goes on.... Who knows maybe jgb is the type who goes out and finds info for himself rather than constantly asking questions in the game thread 

I really wish I was scum would be a lot more fun and interesting. I have to admit if I was scum I might be playing day 1 the same anyway lol

• Haha 1

Just now, jgb said:

So then players should refuse to quit the game after being killed. Might be a mod trick.

Now you're catching on.

That's a tad bit extreme but it'd be cool if a mod lied about a death and that person was still in the game and hammered a townie.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Arsis said:

Now you're catching on.

That's a tad bit extreme but it'd be cool if a mod lied about a death and that person was still in the game and hammered a townie.

If we are playing a bastard mod game, nothing really matters 

33 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Or scum will likely kill him tonight considering both roles are town roles. If Barry’s scum I don’t see were him claiming VT instead of just going with the deputy claim Nolder gave him. Why complicate it?  doesn’t make sense. 

JiF wants to lynch the mod-confirmed Deputy to make sure Nolder isn't a bastard mod.

And he calls MY logic bad.  

The subtle avoidance by the game to vote Greenseed right now is.....troublesome, to the say the least.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, jgb said:

It wouldn't even be a bastard game. It'd be two mafia dudes with powers they decided to use early day 1.

Have we seen another trap? Let's try I'll post a song from YouTube.

https://youtu.be/6EyNjmspx64

"snakes why'd it have to be snakes" a quote from the movie.

What else would you think would Trigger a trap?

Just now, Lurker89 said:

@jgb knows I love him at the end of the day. End of the game we'll make out. 

But for this game 

Mapleworth Murders GIF by The Roku Channel

You’re like the wino who hangs out behind the 7-11 near my house in Philly. Entertaining in doses but generally easily ignored. 

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A joke train falling apart early on D1 is not a case my man.  

Not sure what you mean by the bold either.  I don't remember Greenpeen doing sh*t like this "all the time".  We haven't played Mafia in 2 years and I don't remember much of anything about his style of play or any dumb sh*t he's done in the past?

The mechanics of it falling apart certainly could be. And I'm not going to go digging back through previous games right now, but I am 100% certain Greenpeen has had multiple similar gaming the mod type moments in the past. Not as certain, but I think it got to a point where at one point it was argued we shouldn't not vote him for it even though it is his meta. So again, I don't fault your reasoning for the vote but at least in my mind leaving out that meta, when combined with the timing, felt a bit intentional. Though if you say you don't remember any of that or his play style not sure there's benefit in us debating your memory.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

JiF wants to lynch the mod-confirmed Deputy to make sure Nolder isn't a bastard mod.

And he calls MY logic bad.  

The subtle avoidance by the game to vote Greenseed right now is.....troublesome, to the say the least.

So let’s all pile on JiF and take him down for “information.” Even if I’m wrong he’s a reckless liability to the rest of the town.

unvote 80

vote JiF

32 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Only certain people would be certain of that...

and again, it's by far the most informative lynch.  You're not going to vote for scum every time, there are often town casualties.  If Barry is town, and not the Deputy, we learned more from that than a random townie.

Say we do lynch Barry and it turns out he's scum.  What did we learn, exactly?  That Nolder is a bastard mod and we should just move on to the next game?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

this is not  a bastard mod game IMHO I just don't see Nolder doing that. Your* explanation on the deputy is correct. I'm starting to lean town on you because you could have just jumped on the barry wagon claiming batman was making sense .

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Arsis said:

It wouldn't even be a bastard game. It'd be two mafia dudes with powers they decided to use early day 1.

Have we seen another trap? Let's try I'll post a song from YouTube.

https://youtu.be/6EyNjmspx64

"snakes why'd it have to be snakes" a quote from the movie.

What else would you think would Trigger a trap?

The mod explicitly stated how the traps work (triggered by player actions) We should take him seriously. Not good reason to believe the traps work differently than described.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, jgb said:

He’s trying to make an absurd smokescreen to bury posts that Barry is *fact* town. I wonder why. I heard he was good at this. Maybe because the level of competition has been weak but this is an outrageous error day 1.

FFS the new guy is DESTROYING JiF right now.  This is fantastic.  

JiF moving his vote from Barry to either me or jgb over this incoming.  Watch.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The mod explicitly stated how the traps work (triggered by player actions) We should take him seriously. Not good reason to believe the traps work differently than described.

He is emotionally invested now. And ego won’t let him admit he either just misread things or he is a scum trying to gas light all of us who is now way over his skis. Let’s string him up as a lesson to others. Plus it’s fun to knock out the self-proclaimed best day 1.

vote JiF

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, JiFields said:

but like, we dont have information.  Barry is saying the "trap" falsely revealed his identity

Just now, jgb said:

“The Deputy may or may not be self-aware (if not, they will receive a Vanilla Townie Role PM). Occasionally a self-awareDeputy is called a Retired Cop.“

Barry learned when we did. That’s why he is surprised/confused.

I think the most likely scenario here is Barry wasn’t aware he was the deputy. Plus it doesn’t make much sense for him as scum to undermine the mod claiming that he’s the deputy. If we want to go about not entirely trusting Nolder’s traps, that’s fine, but idk how the risk/benefit of lynching Barry works in our favor here.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2