Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

1.) Can you clarify in the question that Barry and I interpreted differently?

2.) To what rndcfies proving it wise result in an alignment read? We aren’t hunting for IQ points, we’re hunting for believability, logic and intent.

My question was why now and then — perhaps more importantly — why go the additional step of disclosing the limited use restriction. He did answer although obliquely.

Thank you for explaining the game to me. I think you’re spending far too much time squabbling over odds and ends, what is your take on the possible ways to proceed. Run the plays.

Im actually inviting experience to comment on theory since I’m 99% operating by the latter.

I’m still leaning peen. I am boxed in now since I stated my play was to vote for him if stark came up green he’s likely to draw protection from a look if that role exists. 

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

I was very straightforward Barry. I breadcrumbed it D1 and tried to subtley point our cop in the direction before you called it out...even though as I typed it and sent it it felt stupidly obvious.  Quit Barney Fifing this up drputy. Or should I just call you Barry Fife. 

Andy Griffith Vintage GIF

I'm with the wife and kids and getting  the business for continuing to try to JN Mafia and not being present. But I'm around and tryig

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Why would I need to know who the doc was?

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

If you and Barry dont see the nuance to the play I don't what to say man. If ypu think I'm scum kill me, for once I'm literally trying to help.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You spent d1 switching between self voting and voting the cop. 

?

59 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Yeah i did. I didn't know he was cop then and made a foolish joke about not protecting him if i was doc. 

If you dont believe me, whatever. If i was scum my play would be to try to seem like a straightforward townie so i get it.

59 minutes ago, jgb said:

He didn’t know I was cop d1

56 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Answer the question.

42 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I did ....you guys claim im not reading and then dont read the above post.... counter claiming doc would get me NKd while I protected jgb.... @jgbhope you appreciate me a litle bit more lol

36 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Wrong question 

34 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Wait, do you think a rookie player breadcrumbed doc on d1 as scum, so he could false claim it late game?

31 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Dumb question.

That's also not what jgb is asking if I understand correctly. The question is why lurker thought to reveal. Let him answer.

@jgb this sequence needs done clarification.

When you asked, “Why would I need to know who the doc was?” did you mean it relative to D1? Or just now in his reveal, because Barry’s initial responses seem to interpret it as rrjsyuvevti D1, like I interpreted it. Then, Barry suggests that wasn’t the questions meaning. 

So… help us out?

@jgb this sequence needs done clarification.

When you asked, “Why would I need to know who the doc was?” did you mean it relative to D1? Or just now in his reveal, because Barry’s initial responses seem to interpret it as rrjsyuvevti D1, like I interpreted it. Then, Barry suggests that wasn’t the questions meaning. 

So… help us out?

I’m guessing you mean “relative to D1.”

I was asking why now and why as a limited doc and why does it matter if I know who the doc protecting me is? To save a look? A look is worth a lot less than the doc getting iced.

Just now, jgb said:

I was asking why now and why as a limited doc and why does it matter if I know who the doc protecting me is? To save a look? A look is worth a lot less than the doc getting iced.

You can ignore if my last clarification sufficed

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Okay, yeah. Thank you.

@Lurker89 can you speak to any of this?

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

This talk of confirmation has piqued me actually. As de facto town leader for the moment anyways, I’m curious if there are any innocents among us and give my full blessing to proclaim such.

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Thank you for explaining the game to me. I think you’re spending far too much time squabbling over odds and ends, what is your take on the possible ways to proceed. Run the plays.

I don’t mean a grown ass man I mean anyone younger 

• Haha 1

Just now, jgb said:

**** I wish I made better choices on my NA. Chaos ensues without a red report.

No no, this is the game. It’s not always layups. It gets very hard to keep your head straight.

My philosophy is largely the cleanest players at the end, are the dirty ones. They know how not to misstep all game. It’s very easy to craft a narrative about the missteps of a naive townie with hindsight. This is why Barry is pinging me.

This game is a little tougher, as the introduction of new players creates scenarios where they do things out if inexperience and it’s very easy to jump at it as scummy.

I can go peen, Arsis or Barry.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I have had  literally 0 sus /FOS on me to that point so it was not a desperation claim ... I'm a self proclaimed machiavellian that post has a specific  purpose which you are doing your best to unintentionally undermine.

I'm going to stop engaging with you on it and leave it at that if you want to vote me thats fine...

You still didn't answer.

Is the problem that he won’t tell you whether or not he’s bluffing scum? I mean…

That’s the problem with gambits — reveal the gambit, destroy the gambit. Preserve it with cryptic answers, come off scummy.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No no, this is the game. It’s not always layups. It gets very hard to keep your head straight.

My philosophy is largely the cleanest players at the end, are the dirty ones. They know how not to misstep all game. It’s very easy to craft a narrative about the missteps of a naive townie with hindsight. This is why Barry is pinging me.

This game is a little tougher, as the introduction of new players creates scenarios where they do things out if inexperience and it’s very easy to jump at it as scummy.

I can go peen, Arsis or Barry.

Peen is where I’d go absent a strong case elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Take a nap.

I ask because I care. I also don’t see the point of what you’re doing. It just seems like cratering on something that we cannot resolve right now, but can resolve later particularly because of your role. So, you can say I’m defending him or whatever, but I just think this is distraction. Nobody is discussing who to Lynch today snd why.

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Peen is where I’d go absent a strong case elsewhere.

I’ve just about reached the point where a Lynch, a night phase and the clarity gained is necessary.

If lurker is telling the truth, scum needs a successful kill. That means they cannot risk missing in you or lurker. So, they should kill the deputy, an investigative role with no protection… who has been left alive all game.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I ask because I care. I also don’t see the point of what you’re doing. It just seems like cratering on something that we cannot resolve right now, but can resolve later particularly because of your role. So, you can say I’m defending him or whatever, but I just think this is distraction. Nobody is discussing who to Lynch today snd why.

It’s pretty valid to ask simple validating questions of a claimant 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I wish you’d viewed Barry by now, really. 2-3 actually confirmed town would be great.

Very surprised neither he or crusher have been NKed. Scum usually doesn’t bring outed town  to end gane.

I see this as him also being a rookie.

I dunno. I read this wholly as townie play. If you’re scum, then kudos to you on snookering me.

I honestly want to Lynch greenis, Arsis, or barry.

@The Crusher where you at? Need my sensei.

I’m surprised to be here as well. 

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I’ve just about reached the point where a Lynch, a night phase and the clarity gained is necessary.

If lurker is telling the truth, scum needs a successful kill. That means they cannot risk missing in you or lurker. So, they should kill the deputy, an investigative role with no protection… who has been left alive all game.

It seems a little too.. open to anything…

1 minute ago, jgb said:

It’s pretty valid to ask simple validating questions of a claimant 

I don’t need this explained. He’s asked and gotten answers. Barry just keeps saying, “no, wrong question”. If he’s not answering what you want, reframe it and be specific. What I’m watching is exhibitionism, “I’m the good guy asking question here pal”. 

If you aren’t willing to work towards the information you seek, then put a dock in it. I say this as someone who loves chaos.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I don’t need this explained. He’s asked and gotten answers. Barry just keeps saying, “no, wrong question”. If he’s not answering what you want, reframe it and be specific. What I’m watching is exhibitionism, “I’m the good guy asking question here pal”. 

If you aren’t willing to work towards the information you seek, then put a dock in it. I say this as someone who loves chaos.

I think the answer is he’s not willing to answer. That’s the information we have to decide on.

Still leaning peen. At this point can’t see Lurker as trying to save a scum with so few left by taking votes and getting himself hung and doubt he’d throw a wrench if we were barking up the townie tree and he was scum

Vote peen

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

My question was why now and then — perhaps more importantly — why go the additional step of disclosing the limited use restriction. He did answer although obliquely.

Claiming doc gets us to focus on potentially the last scum it  also leads ... it also gets one of you or I killed unless I add the parameters. The parameters with me pumpking into VT lead to obscurity and make it possible we both make it through the night because they wont want to NK Vanilla Town... over explaining is just going to lead to my death because im not gonna leave you unprotected and get the good cop killed... choosing between martyr or selfish doosh ... I'll take martyr. 

There could be more to the play based on my actual role and info i refuse to share at this time.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Unless something crazy happens I'm not voting until tomorrow. I'm pretty buzzed here too.

I don't like a lot about the lurker claim and his outright refusal to answer a basic question. That said, the only way scum tries this is if they see a path to victory and it's super unlikely there's more than 1 left.

I also find it hard to believe Stark wasn't trying to draw a NK as VT with his comment ape quoted.

Need to hear from crusher who is drunk and greenpeen who is mia.

7 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Claiming doc gets us to focus on potentially the last scum it  also leads ... it also gets one of you or I killed unless I add the parameters. The parameters with me pumpking into VT lead to obscurity and make it possible we both make it through the night because they wont want to NK Vanilla Town... over explaining is just going to lead to my death because im not gonna leave you unprotected and get the good cop killed... choosing between martyr or selfish doosh ... I'll take martyr. 

There could be more to the play based on my actual role and info i refuse to share at this time.

Historically the call here is a coin flip. But you do you