Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

1 minute ago, jgb said:

See now that’s helpful. Whoever we target, if we miss, next dies the next night.

Here’s the thing.

If we try to reconcile this in this day phase, we risk lynching the real doc. Which means you die tonight if we fail.

If we Lynch me, Arsis or Barry, then you narrow the pool, take the doc to night phase to guarantee one additional protection for you, and you get us one more view minimum.

However, scum then has to decide who to shoot at tonight. If they shoot at the real doc, they out the liar. If they shot at you, you are protected. So, if they want a kill, they have to shoot into the unknown pool, which actually helps town because in the next day phase you will know which doc claim to Lynch.

At that point if only 1 scum left, game over. If 2 scum left, you and doc are still alive with a gross advantage.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Here’s the thing.

If we try to reconcile this in this day phase, we risk lynching the real doc. Which means you die tonight if we fail.

If we Lynch me, Arsis or Barry, then you narrow the pool, take the doc to night phase to guarantee one additional protection for you, and you get us one more view minimum.

However, scum then has to decide who to shoot at tonight. If they shoot at the real doc, they out the liar. If they shot at you, you are protected. So, if they want a kill, they have to shoot into the unknown pool, which actually helps town because in the next day phase you will know which doc claim to Lynch.

At that point if only 1 scum left, game over. If 2 scum left, you and doc are still alive with a gross advantage.

If we kill you (example) then we go into the night with two claimed docs. Mafia can shoot at me, real doc or rando. With you here.

With competing doc claims they probably leave real doc for uncertainty value tomorrow and shoot a random to guarantee a kill. Still with you.

Where I lose you is if they kill a random, how does that help us differentiate real and fake doc?

Just now, jgb said:

If we kill you (example) then we go into the night with two claimed docs. Mafia can shoot at me, real doc or rando. With you here.

With competing doc claims they probably leave real doc for uncertainty value tomorrow and shoot a random to guarantee a kill. Still with you.

Where I lose you is if they kill a random, how does that help us differentiate real and fake doc?

It doesn’t.

That’s your job, haha

The whole schematic is to get you protection for additional nights. You view one or the other doc and provide guidance on who to Lynch.

Again, lynching lurker or green now = risk of losing the doc via this Lynch and the cop in the subsequent night. That would decimate us if there are 2 scum left.

Ultimately your call.

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Here’s the thing.

Seems scum is either on a suicide mission or has more juice. How does this play out if they have a RB?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Who did you protect each night and why?

Are you serious with this? Lol

I self-protected until N3 when it became obvious that keeping the cop alive would be the fastest way for us to win this thing. Now that we are asking each other dumb questions I’m not so sure.

Like seriously, don’t even bother asking Lurker, just lynch one of us and let’s win this thing.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Seems scum is either on a suicide mission or has more juice. How does this play out if they have a RB?

They would’ve blocked me last night after two mafia lynches in successive days because of me

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Another reason I don’t think they have one. They have a janitor for sure and if there’s another out there… I lean toward a  role like lawyer or godfather to balance against cop.

6 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I self-protected until N3 when it became obvious that keeping the cop alive would be the fastest way for us to win this thing. Now that we are asking each other dumb questions I’m not so sure.

Like seriously, don’t even bother asking Lurker, just lynch one of us and let’s win this thing.

WTF? Who revealed first? 

8 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Lurker already shared this so there was no reason to ask.

Why didn't you protect the cop n2?

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

lol, 4x huh?

Thank you.

I guess if you’re going to lie, make it something that can be conveniently unproven.

For once? “Literally”?

If you consider that legit breadcrumbing, vote for me. 

Otherwise, let’s lynch this fool.

Vote Liarker

50 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Awesome.

Yea, not voting for you here.

Feels like Barry was trying to attach himself to jgb and play interrogator. The read I have on the situation is scum janitored stark, who they thought was town doc, giving themselves two plays:

1.) false claim doc with no stark info to counter

2.) if wrong about stark, undermine the real doc if/when he surfaced 

The speed with which Barry jumped to undermine felt pre-packaged. Especially given his outrage earlier in the game by anyone questioning him as deputy from the trap.

My gut says vote barry.

My head says play out the Greenseed Lynch.

So I'm just going to come out with it 

This is scum deflection by peen.

The point of my original post was to muddy the waters for the scum and get @jgbone more night of protection with my deception because I'm already spent. I had 3x protection.

If town would have went with it I may have been targeted because maybe my limited number of protects would questioned and they wouldn't want to risk me having more.

My death tonight would have led to one more @jgb investigation and then a @Barry McCockinner investigation. Getting us 2 more investigations but @Integrity28 pointed out that scum would/ should  just kill Barry.... I was hoping that fact would allude the one or 2 scum left.

-peen questioned th number 4 i think because it is out of balance with their 3X whatevr they have

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

The point of my original post was to muddy the waters for the scum and get @jgbone more night of protection with my deception because I'm already spent. I had 3x protection.

If town would have went with it I may have been targeted because maybe my limited number of protects would questioned and they wouldn't want to risk me having more.

My death tonight would have led to one more @jgb investigation and then a @Barry McCockinner investigation. Getting us 2 more investigations but @Integrity28 pointed out that scum would/ should  just kill Barry.... I was hoping that fact would allude the one or 2 scum left.

-peen questioned th number 4 i think because it is out of balance with their 3X whatevr they have

You are definitely muddying the waters while giving me a headache 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Haha, bold claim is going to be the better claim. That’s for sure.

14 minutes ago, jgb said:

They would’ve blocked me last night after two mafia lynches in successive days because of me

This. I mean, jeez barry.

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Right. Just feels too easy but maybe they threw in the towel. 

It means they have 2 scum, most likely.

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

Wouldn’t be seeing cross claims if they’ve given up 

Exactly. 

6 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Limited number of protects? 4? That’s a lot. Odd we haven’t seen no limits on any other roles. 

7 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Eew. Updating claim details is bad news.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Haha, bold claim is going to be the better claim. That’s for sure.

This. I mean, jeez barry.

It means they have 2 scum, most likely.

Exactly. 

Could this be an outrageous gambit by two remaining cornered mafia to both false claim doc to basically validate the survivor?