Looks like Minshew to the Colts

Neilos

7 hours ago, Dunnie said:

S T A F F O R D

Yea I feel like the easy pivot is Stafford post June 1st. We'd have him under contract for $1.5m and $31m the next 2 seasons. 

Cousins is probably on the block too. 1 year $30m if traded but idk how I feel about him burning us once. Could blame it on past regime.

Those would all fit the 1-2 year let Zach develop timeline. I'm not sure I see the Jets making a play for Lamar. I feel like Douglas will align with Baltimores line of thinking. He probably knows people in the building.

It's gotta be Rodgers. I'm just curious to see how far they want to drag this out. Jets don't really have to rush.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Yea I feel like the easy pivot is Stafford post June 1st. We'd have him under contract for $1.5m and $31m the next 2 seasons. 

Cousins is probably on the block too. 1 year $30m if traded but idk how I feel about him burning us once. Could blame it on past regime.

Those would all fit the 1-2 year let Zach develop timeline. I'm not sure I see the Jets making a play for Lamar. I feel like Douglas will align with Baltimores line of thinking. He probably knows people in the building.

It's gotta be Rodgers. I'm just curious to see how far they want to drag this out. Jets don't really have to rush.

worried Stafford’s throwing arm nerve damage is permanent 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

Oo I didn't know nerve damage was being discussed. Yea that would be a pass from me if that's the case. Stafford's back was my biggest concern lol

23 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Please paste link. I have scoured the web for 5 minutes looking for that report.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I should’ve been more careful with my words — speculative elbow nerve damage that may be permanent. Remember he fell off a cliff even before the spinal injury and before losing Kupp. There were rumors swirling all last off-season about his throwing elbow ailment that McVay called “abnormal” pre-season but then contradicted himself and said Stafford was all systems go — but when the season started it was obviously not the case.

Here is a representative article from last summer. Couldn’t find the specific article mentioning nerve damage from a quick search that I know I read (have Stafford on my dynasty team so follow of his situation quite closely for years):

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/matthew-stafford-injury-rams-qb-elbow/wn6vydulesvhts7xy4vm3in9

• Sympathy 1

I should’ve been more careful with my words — speculative elbow nerve damage that may be permanent. Remember he fell off a cliff even before the spinal injury and before losing Kupp. There were rumors swirling all last off-season about his throwing elbow ailment that McVay called “abnormal” pre-season but then contradicted himself and said Stafford was all systems go — but when the season started it was obviously not the case.
Here is a representative article from last summer. Couldn’t find the specific article mentioning nerve damage from a quick search that I know I read (have Stafford on my dynasty team so follow of his situation quite closely for years):
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/matthew-stafford-injury-rams-qb-elbow/wn6vydulesvhts7xy4vm3in9
Thanks
. Yes this is an old report ... He is slated to be healthy in 2023.

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Thanks
. Yes this is an old report ... He is slated to be healthy in 2023.

I am skeptical. As I said a few posts after the one you had quoted — I fear whatever is wrong with the elbow may now be a permanent impediment.

15 hours ago, The Crusher said:

This regimes absolutely degenerative approach to back  up QB’s only thing worse than their inability to pick a starting one! 

Bad enough approach when the team is expected to stink. But now? Idiocy.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

If they don't sign Rodgers and they probably will the Jets can always make a trade or draft a Qb. There will be QBs available at 13 probably guys who could end up being pretty good. Often times as we know better than guys drafted in the top 5. There are a few FAs left like Teddy, Mariota, etc. None of these guys incl. Minshew had good years. I'm not convinced the 2023 version of Zach is worse than any of them are. If we don't sign Rodgers I'm not against giving him a chance in training camp. But I am against giving him the job without him winning it in a real competition. 

If we don't get Rodgers (and we probably will), the likelihood of drafting a QB at 13 certainly goes up. But I doubt it. The top 4 QBs will almost certainly be off the board after which there is a significant drop off in talent. Maybe Bottom of Rd. 1 in a trade up scenario if they really like Hooker or Tanner McKee? I honestly can't imagine either of those guys going that high but those would be the next prospect in line. 

As far as FA vets- yes, it would seem we would be down to bottom of the barrel guys who would have to compete with Zach for  a starting spot. Maybe that was 'Plan B' all along. Plan 'A' being Carr or Rodgers (swing big). Plan 'B' being go after a low-level vet who would allow Zach another opportunity to start. With potentially a promising rookie 3rd stringer. ]

But lets not think about that. After all. We're getting Aaron Rodgers.  

This Is Fine GIF

If we get Aaron Rodgers, we theoretically need a QB2.    

That being said, Rodgers QB2 for three years was Jordan Love.   To conclude that Zach Wilson can’t be QB2 based on what we are paying him, and his 2 draft status, is really, really low.  That must be what they are thinking. 

QB3 will be someone they pick up or a 3/4 round draft pick.  QB3 could actually be QB2 if Wilson is still completely dysfunctional.  

I think the odds of Rodgers getting hurt is very high.  

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, varjet said:

If we get Aaron Rodgers, we theoretically need a QB2.    

That being said, Rodgers QB2 for three years was Jordan Love.   To conclude that Zach Wilson can’t be QB2 based on what we are paying him, and his 2 draft status, is really, really low.  That must be what they are thinking. 

QB3 will be someone they pick up or a 3/4 round draft pick.  QB3 could actually be QB2 if Wilson is still completely dysfunctional.  

I think the odds of Rodgers getting hurt is very high.  

Maybe JD’s calculus is if Rodgers gets hurt we are (and he is) screwed anyway so don’t invest an extra penny on the QB room. I think it’s folly — Rodgers could miss only a couple games where every win might be needed in a tough division.

17 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

If they don't sign Rodgers and they probably will the Jets can always make a trade or draft a Qb. There will be QBs available at 13 probably guys who could end up being pretty good. Often times as we know better than guys drafted in the top 5. There are a few FAs left like Teddy, Mariota, etc. None of these guys incl. Minshew had good years. I'm not convinced the 2023 version of Zach is worse than any of them are. If we don't sign Rodgers I'm not against giving him a chance in training camp. But I am against giving him the job without him winning it in a real competition. 

zach is literally the worst starting qb that has been in the nfl for quite a while

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Yep. The thing about minshew is he looked okay on the doltfins but then this past season he was 0-3 with the nfc east champs. That’s not a good look.

On 3/17/2023 at 10:23 PM, rangerous said:

Yep. The thing about minshew is he looked okay on the doltfins but then this past season he was 0-3 with the nfc east champs. That’s not a good look.

He was never a dolphin. And no one is saying he’s Patrick Mahomes but he’s not a horrible QB2.

Conversely, Zach is totally incompetent at the position and can’t move the ball. In an all-in year he cannot be one concussion away from seeing the field.

Who is our number 2 going to be ? The Packers definitely hold jets feet to the fire if our only backup currently is zach Wilson ?. The way he played from 2nd half of first pats game to end of season, has to be some of the worst football ever played by a qb. Sure maybe it’s all fixible, but we cannot take that chance. He has to go in as qb3 and work on ALL his issues not worrying about 1 play away from having the team on his shoulders.