Will McDonald Jets Press Conference

Very soft spoken kid.  Enjoyable interview though.  Love that he highlighted running the hoop all the time.  SUCH an underrated aspect of defensive line and athletes in general.  A lot of people believe the 40 time is the indicator of speed, but talk to any professional strength coach or athletic trainer they will tell you the real indicator of athletic potential is how fast you can run a circle.  Running a circle requires the body to be put at game authentic angles, especially the foot and shin.  Probably a big part of how he is able to bend and remain balanced. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Wow…. What a humble & yet confident young man. Embraces living life and show’s maturity beyond his years. Having decided to join the Army if he wasn’t able to get a scholarship tells me he isn’t afraid of hard work and sacrifice. Hoping he will become “Jersey Worthy” in a couple of years.

These last 2 drafts certainly have provided multiple young players who have made a great impression on me. Sauce, GW, Breece, JJ, Clemons… adding IV to that list has me hopeful for the future of Jets football.

• Upvote 3

Told you we’re all gonna end up loving him. End of the day, find a way to film the room with character and talent… I think I was pissy about getting clowned by BB more than anything…. But, as long as JD finds players and doesn’t whiff, I’m not inclined to critique the “how”. 

He’s the professional. ?‍♂️

• Upvote 2