NFL schedule release targeted for May 11

Larz

59 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

@CotcheryifyouCan if you’ve cut the cord with cable, there’s a way you can get the NY games with the Amazon app. I’m not sure exactly how it works as I just switched, but my two neighbors got every Steeler, Penguins and Patriots, Bruins game the past two years down here in SC.

When I find out exactly how it works (I’m about 90% sure now, I just don’t want to buy the apps yet), I’ll let you know if you want to remind me to dm you before the season starts.

appreciate it man. id love that. 500 bucks or whatever the new cost is seems like a lot for maybe half the games

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

@Green Ghost btw i have youtube tv not cable. not sure if that gives me a deal or not but any help would be huge. go jets

I’m not sure what YouTube actually charges for the season ticket thing, but I got an email from them on Monday and it is discounted $100 (from the highest price?) until June 6.

6 hours ago, neckdemon said:

thats based on last year. it's never accurate. and anyway who cares.....you play the teams you play and you beat them or not. if we want to be a good team you have to beat the good teams. 

Sometimes SOS is very accurate. Last year the Texans had the 6th SOS and it ended up 5th 

The Jets have a fighting chance in these early games that's true but they won't win em all.

it's hard to call them a favorite, a contender or as some have predicted a 14 game winner 

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Here's the inevitable SOJF spin...

"Ugh.  Just missing the playoffs and getting eliminated in Week 15 only to win the last 3 games of the year and screw our Draft position."

Don't have to worry about draft position 

The Packers have their first rder

• Upvote 1

---   2. Inside the schedule: The Jets' first six weeks are the toughest in the league, based on 2022 records. It appears to be a rude welcome to New York for Aaron Rodgers, but the schedule actually contains some hidden positives. Such as:

• They have the second-most advantageous schedule in terms of rest before games -- plus-12 days in net rest differential relative to their opponents. In fact, it's tied for the fifth-best differential since 2002, according to ESPN Stats & Information research. This means, more often than not, the Jets will be more rested than their opponent. It's an important factor in today's NFL, considering the short weeks, mini byes, etc. Presumably, this will make the 39-year-old Rodgers a happy man. A year ago, the Green Bay Packers' rest differential was minus-13 days, worst in the league.

• The Jets don't have any games against teams coming off their bye week. They do have three short road weeks, tied for the most -- hardly ideal. But, again, the lopsided rest differential is the most important stat. A year ago, their differential was minus-8, something the coaches were keenly aware of.

• rest of above article  > https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/91929/how-jets-will-mcdonald-went-from-off-year-to-top-pass-rushing-prospect

Eight Teams That Got Screwed by the 2023 NFL Schedule

Now that the games are all in order, some teams can rightfully hold a grudge against the schedule makers.

The NFL schedule, most of which you’ve known about for months now, has officially been placed in order for you. Thanks to a fleet of corporate sponsors, over-eager TikTokkers and social media gurus, who are free to write checks with their content that players’ bodies will have to cash on Sundays, we now know the exact times and dates of every NFL game.

If I sound ornery, it’s because this felt like a particularly vampiric process this year. There are a lot of teams getting a spotlight they don’t deserve and a lot of good teams being built the right way that got absolutely hosed. For the moment, we’re focusing on the latter. Be it burdensome travel, too much British television, multiple games on short rest or, in the Giants’ case, every circle of football hell, it felt like the folks tasked with pacifying network executives went a little overboard

--- 2. New York Jets

I recognize that the Jets’ schedule is absurd, but one can also understand that they did this to themselves. Unlike the Giants, the Jets went big-game hunting this offseason and acquired one of the most mercurial and fascinating players of the 2000s. Aaron Rodgers is playing for the Jets, which means that six of their games this season (so far) will take place when no other football game is on. While that would be a lot for any franchise, that also means balancing the delicacy of a long, arduous season with a media feeding frenzy. While I predict the Jets will be one of the best teams in the NFL this season—certainly good enough to upend the Bills and win the AFC East—one has to consider the possibility that their experiment will slide off the rails and they must mask palace intrigue over the course of a long year under the spotlight. Opening up with the Bills; traveling to Dallas for the Cowboys’ home opener; facing their biggest foil, the Patriots; before hosting the Chiefs in another prime-time game is an especially wicked way to start the season. The Jets also close the season on the road against the Browns before another date with New England.

rest of above article  > https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/05/12/nfl-schedule-2023-teams-screwed-giants-jets-seahawks

On 5/15/2023 at 4:57 PM, Larz said:

Lol. Remember last year was murderers row in the beginning and got easier after that? 

i think our schedule this year is going to prove to be very kind to us           as far as W's are concerned   ?

17 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Does anyone know why the preseason game dates arent set?  Outside of the HOF game they all show up as TBD on the schedule. 

Want to fly up for the preseason Tampa Bay game but need to know the date.

somewhere i thought i saw between 8/17 and 8/20. Prob doesn't help yet with flights but i am pretty sure it is that timeframe

On 5/19/2023 at 9:11 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Does anyone know why the preseason game dates arent set?  Outside of the HOF game they all show up as TBD on the schedule. 

Want to fly up for the preseason Tampa Bay game but need to know the date.

image.png.1ce16bc3609b23d81feac250561b10