NFL schedule release targeted for May 11

Larz

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Nice that the bills, KC, phins and chargers are all at home on prime time (unless you want to go to day games).  Bigger home field advantage IMO

Especially with a good defense, and pass rush, in particular.  

It's nice being at home in a night game with a ferocious pass rush. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Another one will be coming. I’m not sure if the Black Friday game is considered primetime, so maybe 2 more 

there are around 60 prime time games  (17 x 3 ), thanksgiving games, black friday, nfl opener, a couple of saturday games late in the season i think.

are the jets really going to be up with the chiefs, cowboys with the most prime time games?

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

there are around 60 prime time games  (17 x 3 ), thanksgiving games, black friday, nfl opener, a couple of saturday games late in the season i think.

are the jets really going to be up with the chiefs, cowboys with the most prime time games?

It’s definitely possible and heading toward likely, especially if you figure they’ll get flexed later in the year

8 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Buffalo, Dallas, Patriots, KC for first 4 games is tough. Biggest question I got is how the O-line comes out to start the season. That’s going to be a big factor 

If three of those games are home it feels like the Jets need to at least be 2-2 going into Week 5.  

Just now, Bobby816 said:

We knew the schedule was going to be tough this year. Looks like it ends where we have some “easier” games. 

Here's the inevitable SOJF spin...

"Ugh.  Just missing the playoffs and getting eliminated in Week 15 only to win the last 3 games of the year and screw our Draft position."

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

this is 5 prime time games

bills, kc, miami, chargers, browns

feels like a lot 

NFL doing this because they will give the Jets zero primetime games from 2025 thru 2027 after Rodgers is gone. lol

"Hey, stop complaining, Jets fans!  We gave you 7 Monday Night Football games in 2023!" 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

If three of those games are home it feels like the Jets need to at least be 2-2 going into Week 5.  

In fairness, wouldn't have mattered who we played, we'd have to be better than .500 after 4 weeks.

if we expect this team to actually be a legit competitor, it needs to win .700+ over the 17 game season (12-5).

That doesn't leave alot of room for 2-2 or worse starts.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

"Ugh.  Just missing the playoffs and getting eliminated in Week 15 only to win the last 3 games of the year and screw our Draft position."

Does it suck to wake up and choose pessimistic daily?!?!

Looking for suggestions,  I moved to NC years ago and have gotten the sunday ticket every year since. Do you think it is worth it with all the prime time games? I don't mind going to a bar to watch but I like watching in the comfort of my own house where I can scream like a maniac and hear the sound. Only my wife thinks I'm crazy opposed to a bar full of people lol

24 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Which won’t matter anyway as we’ll have triggered the 65%snaps that sends our first round pick to GB

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Nice that the bills, KC, phins and chargers are all at home on prime time (unless you want to go to day games).  Bigger home field advantage IMO

How is it an advantage? This organization, historically, is not good outside of 1pm. But you think night games in the stadium are more juiced? What advantage do you see? Pressure is all on the Jets at home with Rodgers. Our opponents are just dealing with not losing to the ****ing Jets in prime time. 

50 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Another one will be coming. I’m not sure if the Black Friday game is considered primetime, so maybe 2 more 

Pretty sure I read that five was the maximum number of prime time games they’d schedule per team, but that a sixth could be flexed. As much as I can’t stand night games, that would obviously be a good thing for the team. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slats said:

How is it an advantage? This organization, historically, is not good outside of 1pm. But you think night games in the stadium are more juiced? What advantage do you see? Pressure is all on the Jets at home with Rodgers. Our opponents are just dealing with not losing to the ****ing Jets in prime time. 

Pretty sure I read that five was the maximum number of prime time games they’d schedule per team, but that a sixth could be flexed. As much as I can’t stand night games, that would obviously be a good thing for the team. 

They have a qb who can handle the spotlight and lead.  And IMO the refs are going to help them more with Rodgers playing 

• Upvote 1

Updated:

Week 1 Bills (MNF)

Week 2 @Cowboys

Week 3 Pats

Week 4 Chiefs (SNF)

Week 5 TBD but likely on the road somewhere since it's highly unlikely that they would give us 4 home games in a row.

Week 6 Eagles

Week 7 TBD

Week 8 @ Giants

Week 9 Chargers (MNF)

Week 10 @ Vegas (SNF)

Week 11 TBD

Week 12 Dolphins (Black Friday)

Week 13 TBD

Week 14 TBD

Week 15 TBD

Week 16 Commanders

Week 17 @ Browns (Primetime Thursday night?)

Week 18 @ Pats 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

Looking for suggestions,  I moved to NC years ago and have gotten the sunday ticket every year since. Do you think it is worth it with all the prime time games? I don't mind going to a bar to watch but I like watching in the comfort of my own house where I can scream like a maniac and hear the sound. Only my wife thinks I'm crazy opposed to a bar full of people lol

I’m in the same situation as you. I was thinking of getting that YouTube package, but now I’m not sure. I probably won’t, though, as I’m usually on Long Island from Thanksgiving through Christmas.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

it's the 6th hardest schedule in the league 

the Bills actually have 7th

thats based on last year. it's never accurate. and anyway who cares.....you play the teams you play and you beat them or not. if we want to be a good team you have to beat the good teams. 

@CotcheryifyouCan if you’ve cut the cord with cable, there’s a way you can get the NY games with the Amazon app. I’m not sure exactly how it works as I just switched, but my two neighbors got every Steeler, Penguins and Patriots, Bruins game the past two years down here in SC.

When I find out exactly how it works (I’m about 90% sure now, I just don’t want to buy the apps yet), I’ll let you know if you want to remind me to dm you before the season starts.

Just now, neckdemon said:

thats based on last year. it's never accurate. and anyway who cares.....you play the teams you play and you beat them or not. if we want to be a good team you have to beat the good teams. 

Not only that, but it rarely works out the way it looks now when you’re into the season.

As others have said, some teams unexpectedly rise and some fall. All you can do is play who’s on your schedule, and hope you catch them at the right time.

1 hour ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

Depends on your finances. The Ticket costs less than $500. A Season Ticket Holder for Jets gives over $1200 including parking for 9 games only. As a displacedfan, you deserve to splurge and buy the ticket. Luckily I am living close to Metlife. If my job takes me to another state I am buying Ticket no matter what.