NFL schedule release targeted for May 11

Larz

11 hours ago, Mogglez said:

They always did though.  We’ve known who we were playing for months now.  Order doesn’t matter as much as we think it does, that’s all I’m saying.  You gotta play who you gotta play.

Eh. While I agree that typically things are so different over the season than what you think in the summer I do think there are certain things that have proven to matter. Top of my head

-West coast teams flying east for 1pm games 

- Matchup after international game

-Weather specific ones (ie don't want to play in Miami in September, would rather play a strong passing attack in December, etc) 

-How bye weeks impact the season. If you had a choice between playing KC or Houston coming off a bye and the other won't be - which one would you choose?

-Matchups on short rest - I remember reading last year that road teams on short rest is one of the best bets as they typically underperform expectations

There are a few other ones that I think make sense but don't believe it can be backed up from data it from data but in general: 

-I'd rather play a rookie QB earlier

-I'd rather play a new HC earlier 

-I'd rather play an injury prone team (dolphins) later 

-I'd rather play a potential #1 seed in week 18

I think all these things are generally on the margins... but at the same time we're on a football message board and its mid May so what else are we going to talk about? 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, BeaconJet said:

With Schefter saying Jets-Bills Week 1 MNF, looks like part or all of this is bogus.

They always are.  I never understand why people get so caught up into the leaks when they are wrong every year.  It was bogus when the Miami game was announced.  

15 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

that sucks...was hoping this be road. No way the wife is leeting me miss christmas eve dinner. Might have to sell this one

Just explain to her it's the one year anniversary of you almost getting broken like a pretzel and she'll understand.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Hmmm, do I want to celebrate wieczerza wigilijna in the Met Life parking lot.......

Have to presume there is no Pierogi Vendor at the stadium, lol, so sadly, I'm probably out, much as I wanted to be at this one.

Empanadas outside section 109

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PS17 said:

This guy nailed the Chiefs-Lions opener before it got released. This would give us Bills, Cowboys, Chiefs to start the season. Not great Bob

But then there is this one.

Julio and Ozzy can't both be right.  But they can both be wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Lith said:

But then there is this one.

Knew this would be SNF. Damn we are gonna have like five 1PM games. Lol. It’s bittersweet because that’s the best time slot for watching but we’re not the Browns anymore which is nice.

• Upvote 1