Rodgers wants to play for 3-4 more years.

doitny

19 hours ago, hawk said:

Brady's overall yardage record will be a tough beat. 

90,000 yards.  Unfortunately, this is more of a longevity accomplishment than anything, and won't be broke anytime soon.  Certainly not by Rodgers.

Still with 333 career starts that is roughly 270 yards per game.

Manning 72,000 in 265 starts or 271 yards per game.

Brees 80,000 in 286 starts or 279 per game.

Mahommes 24,000 80 starts or 300 per game.

I wouldn't say Mahommes has been protected like Brady was, so he probably wont last till his early 40s, but extrapolate that out he will be over 100,000, so he has the possibility if he continues to play.

First season Mahomes started was a year younger than Brady at age 23, plus almost all of his career will be 17-game seasons (over time it'll be like an extra season of games @ ~300 ypg = ~5000 yards). Plus Brady missed the whole '08 season. 

IF Mahomes keeps up that 300ypc average, to reach 90,000 yards that'd be 18 seasons (at 17 games/season). He'd still have to play through age 40 himself. That's more likely now than years ago, but he does take a good amount of punishment. Part of what makes him so  special, buying his receivers extra time, is he doesn't just get the ball out in 2.3 seconds no matter what. 

Guy is exciting af to watch, and even if I have to wait another 13 years I am desirous that someone else takes that top spot away.

• Upvote 3

Like a lot of records it comes down mostly to years played more than skill. Now the 2 go hand and hand bc you won’t have a job if you’re not good anymore. But Mahomes does have traits that will allow him to not have to use his legs to have all long career. His arm is good enough.

• Upvote 1

I’m getting old, so you’ll just have to deal with this analogy, but Mahomes right now is Gale Sayers before his injuries. He’s the best anyone has ever seen at the position, the most important in all of sports. He makes plays no one else makes. His first five years as a starter might be the best five straight years of football that any NFL player has ever put together. He’s tough as nails and all about winning. Every season he’s been the starter, he’s reached the AFCCG. Five times there, he’s been to three Super Bowls and won two of those. 

He’s the GOAT already, imho. The numbers and the wins will come as long as he stays healthy. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, slats said:

I’m getting old, so you’ll just have to deal with this analogy, but Mahomes right now is Gale Sayers before his injuries. He’s the best anyone has ever seen at the position, the most important in all of sports. He makes plays no one else makes. His first five years as a starter might be the best five straight years of football that any NFL player has ever put together. He’s tough as nails and all about winning. Every season he’s been the starter, he’s reached the AFCCG. Five times there, he’s been to three Super Bowls and won two of those. 

He’s the GOAT already, imho. The numbers and the wins will come as long as he stays healthy. 

FU Shady Brady!!

64D2E326-4364-4BE3-B462-35B01DAA71E4.gif

• Haha 1

Damn, I thought Jets fans knew something about football but apparently you don’t even know the most fundamental basics lmao.

You probably think Andrew Luck is a first ballot Hall of Famer. Half of you were probably wishing you had Trey Lance last year. Brady has like 80 million wins against Buffalo and that didn’t even break their fanbase this hard.

• Ugh 1

7 rings and every record and every post season record of worth. We can legit just point and laugh. A fluke helmet catch from an 8th ring with an undefeated season. A blown Bucs defensive play from going back to back for the first time since… he did it before. You’re literally all adorable. 

It’s luck Tom didn’t have like 11 ****ing rings. Just imagine if Herandez wasn’t a serial killer. 12 rings. Tom Brady makes 1 ring quarterbacks like Aaron Rodgers literally look like losers. He redefined ****ing everything. 4 doesn’t mean **** now.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Ugh 1

“tOm BrAdY wAsN’T aThLeTiC.”

>shifts like Neo in the Matrix three times, dodging three D-lineman in three seconds, steps forward. Computing. Computing. Processing in real time the best corners and safeties in the league. Footing set and perfect. Amendola has 5 inches of separation. Laser for thirty yards where only he can get it. Touchdown Patriots against the #1 defense in the league.

”tOm BrAdY wAsN’t AtHlEtIc LmAo.”

10 minutes ago, WickedAwesome said:

Damn, I thought Jets fans knew something about football but apparently you don’t even know the most fundamental basics lmao.

You probably think Andrew Luck is a first ballot Hall of Famer. Half of you were probably wishing you had Trey Lance last year. Brady has like 80 million wins against Buffalo and that didn’t even break their fanbase this hard.

5 minutes ago, WickedAwesome said:

7 rings and every record and every post season record of worth. We can legit just point and laugh. A fluke helmet catch from an 8th ring with an undefeated season. A blown Bucs defensive play from going back to back for the first time since… he did it before. You’re literally all adorable. 

It’s luck Tom didn’t have like 11 ****ing rings. Just imagine if Herandez wasn’t a serial killer. 12 rings. Tom Brady makes 1 ring quarterbacks like Aaron Rodgers literally look like losers. He redefined ****ing everything. 4 doesn’t mean **** not.

2 minutes ago, WickedAwesome said:

>shifts like Neo in the Matrix three times, dodging three D-lineman in three seconds, steps forward. Computing. Computing. Processing in real time the best corners and safeties in the league. Footing set and perfect. Amendola has 5 inches of separation. Laser for thirty yards where only he can get it. Touchdown Patriots against the #1 defense in the league.

WiCkeD aWEsoME, dUDE! 😎

• Haha 1

Tom Brady has faced the highest percentage of top-10 defenses (by DVOA) out of Manning, Brees, and Rodgers as well. (Via @fboutsiders) Read this and weap. I’m happy you get to enjoy a season with a good quarterback maybe but nobody is bringing Aaron Rodgers up in the same sentence as Michael Jordan so just stop.

legit delusional

IMG_3273.jpeg

You know, I’m sure since Rodgers is so awesome, especially since he had a training camp, that he’ll just nonchalantly win the Super Bowl his first season with you guys, like Tom did (only Tom did it against Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes)

I mean, I’m sure they’ll be no excuses if he doesn’t, either. Not like you would all want to throw your entire team under the bus to protect the image of your Green Bay loaner trying to follow in his foot steps, at a younger age.

You got this, dudes. 👍

12 minutes ago, WickedAwesome said:

You know, I’m sure since Rodgers is so awesome, especially since he had a training camp, that he’ll just nonchalantly win the Super Bowl his first season with you guys, like Tom did (only Tom did it against Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes)

I mean, I’m sure they’ll be no excuses if he doesn’t, either. Not like you would all want to throw your entire team under the bus to protect the image of your Green Bay loaner trying to follow in his foot steps, at a younger age.

You got this, dudes. 👍

Thanks Wicked. 

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

First season Mahomes started was a year younger than Brady at age 23, plus almost all of his career will be 17-game seasons (over time it'll be like an extra season of games @ ~300 ypg = ~5000 yards). Plus Brady missed the whole '08 season. 

IF Mahomes keeps up that 300ypc average, to reach 90,000 yards that'd be 18 seasons (at 17 games/season). He'd still have to play through age 40 himself. That's more likely now than years ago, but he does take a good amount of punishment. Part of what makes him so  special, buying his receivers extra time, is he doesn't just get the ball out in 2.3 seconds no matter what. 

Guy is exciting af to watch, and even if I have to wait another 13 years I am desirous that someone else takes that top spot away.

I don't disagree with any of this.  

I do not believe the NFL will ever protect a player the same way Brady was protected, and that on its own will affect longevity.  JMO.

9 minutes ago, hawk said:

I don't disagree with any of this.  

I do not believe the NFL will ever protect a player the same way Brady was protected, and that on its own will affect longevity.  JMO.

Any evidence of this or just your own crazed fandom while watching games?

The league literally changed the entire way offenses play football purely to help Manning and the Colts after the Pats kept ****ing them up in the post season. Just stop.

23 minutes ago, WickedAwesome said:

Any evidence of this or just your own crazed fandom while watching games?

The league literally changed the entire way offenses play football purely to help Manning and the Colts after the Pats kept ****ing them up in the post season. Just stop.

Yes you are right.  He had 90,000 passing yards and close to the same in roughing calls when a finger touched him or he floated a pass and the receiver had a finger put on them.

And you want to talk about rules that changed due to who?  Are you for real? 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, hawk said:

Yes you are right.  He had 90,000 passing yards and close to the same in roughing calls when a finger touched him or he floated a pass and the receiver had a finger put on them.

And you want to talk about rules that changed due to who?  Are you for real? 

So no evidence, just your crazed fandom. Got it.

6 hours ago, WickedAwesome said:

Tampa was worse than the Jets. They were the worst team in professional sports, by the numbers.

Also if you have such a low opinion of the Jets that you think winning a Super Bowl with them > having more Super Bowl championships than any single NFL franchise, I don’t know what to tell you.

You got bomb weed.

Oh you’re right those brogan patsie teams or the ones of McPherson were just juggernauts.  The jets have had worse records leading up to this season than Tampa did.  And Tampa had a better coach in arians. If Rodgers does pull the miracle then boy Brady’s accomplishments will pale in comparison. And let’s be clear, most of those Super Bowl wins were by cheating .

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Oh you’re right those brogan patsie teams or the ones of McPherson were just juggernauts.  The jets have had worse records leading up to this season than Tampa did.  And Tampa had a better coach in arians. If Rodgers does pull the miracle then boy Brady’s accomplishments will pale in comparison. And let’s be clear, most of those Super Bowl wins were by cheating .

Not sure what reality you live in but it sounds pretty wild. Feel free to post any of the Super Bowls (they’re all on YouTube in their entirety) and time stamp for me where they were “cheating.” Oh, right, just more delusions. You won’t even try.

56 minutes ago, WickedAwesome said:

Not sure what reality you live in but it sounds pretty wild. Feel free to post any of the Super Bowls (they’re all on YouTube in their entirety) and time stamp for me where they were “cheating.” Oh, right, just more delusions. You won’t even try.

Uh huh. Your moronic patsies got beat by the giants, twice.  Think about that.

12 hours ago, rangerous said:

Uh huh. Your moronic patsies got beat by the giants, twice.  Think about that.

Yes, by lucky plays and a Hall of Fame pass rush. When Tom was getting crushed by defensive lineman you’re all like LOL and when he’s not you’re all like “hE gEtS aLl tHe CaLls.”

16 hours ago, WickedAwesome said:

Brady was drafted by the Expos and projected by that organization to be a potential all star.

Kevin Malone, the Expos general manager who drafted Brady, had even grander visions of his future in baseball. "I think he could have been one of the greatest catchers ever," Malone said. "I know that's quite a statement, but the projections were based on the fact we had a left-hand-hitting catcher, with arm strength and who was athletic."

He was indeed athletic. 

On 8/2/2023 at 3:52 PM, slats said:

Exactly.  If you were building a team you would take this mahomes over brady or montana in a heartbeat.  Its not even close.  

37 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Exactly.  If you were building a team you would take this mahomes over brady or montana in a heartbeat.  Its not even close.  

Jets fans QB instincts kicking in again.

Probably the most detached fanbase from good QB play in all of human history.

Brady bounced Mahomes twice. Took two rings from him and put them on his own finger. You guys literally said this same **** about Andrew Luck.

lol

Zach Wilson is actually the best QB of all time. He just doesn’t have Tom’s teams.

22 minutes ago, WickedAwesome said:

Brady bounced Mahomes twice. Took two rings from him and put them on his own finger. You guys literally said this same **** about Andrew Luck.

lol

Zach Wilson is actually the best QB of all time. He just doesn’t have Tom’s teams.

And eli bounced brady twice.  That means nothing.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, WickedAwesome said:

lol

Cool story bro.

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

And eli bounced brady twice.  That means nothing.

It means a lot, actually. It means Eli arguably deserves to be in the Hall of Fame for two of the most clutch comebacks in Super Bowl history, as well as giving the GOAT his greatest battle scar in the 2007 season. What are you talking about, “it means nothing”?

Are you really this lost despite watching the NFL as much as I assume you do?

Also, Brady bouncing Mahomes twice took two rings off Mahomes fingers he’ll never get back, and added two rings to Brady’s he’ll never lose. It actually means a lot. “It means nothing” is actually wildly delusional.

I’ll just assume you just started watching football this off-season, since the alternate is a lot less flattering.

It means a lot, actually. It means Eli arguably deserves to be in the Hall of Fame for two of the most clutch comebacks in Super Bowl history, as well as giving the GOAT his greatest battle scar in the 2007 season. What are you talking about, “it means nothing”?
Are you really this lost despite watching the NFL as much as I assume you do?
Sure why not in this day and age everyone gets a trophy anyways

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk