Breakout year candidate

Bronx

19 minutes ago, genot said:

I think TomShane is right. Breakout candidate's will be our tight ends. Either Conklin, or hopefully Ruckert.

I would love this. To be honest I don't care what player it comes from (ruckert would be preferable). It's frustrating seeing us spend assets on a position group and not see any type of return.  Online has been talked about a lot but we've seen some positives out of it between Becton AVT brown and McGovern.

After 2 big FA signings and a day 2 pick being spent on TEs we've seen ******* zilch from that position group. 

Like I said, frustrating.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ron Rico said:

If there is no sophomore jink on GW or Sauce, those guys make everybody on the field around them better. I don't like to assume or take anything on as a given, but I don't see them as players who just caught everybody by surprise last season, they really are that good. If our LBers and O-line can step it up this year, we will win the division. Like I've already said, the 1998 Jets won 12 games out of 16, I expect no less than the 2023 Jets winning at least 12 games. 

For those that think I'm wearing rose colored glasses, think about what last season would have been like if Aaron Rodgers was our QB. And yeah, I get it, Zach and the Jets beat AR and Green Bay in Green Bay, but in spite of that, I stand behind my optimism. 

G. Wilson would need to lose his legs in a traffic accident to have a “slump” this year. He’s a slam dunk to exceed all production last season. He was playing with absolute trash at QB.

14 hours ago, 20andOut said:

I dont think G Wilson can even be considered a candidate for breakout player as he already "broke out" last year. he is already a top 15 player in Fantasy Football rankings. Im hoping to see a break out year from Ruckert.

With athletic TE play this offense is ridiculously scary.  One of the TEs having a big year would mean things are absolutely humming.

• Upvote 1