Running back carries for week one

Maxman

17 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Robert Saleh doesn't care about year 5 and 6.  He's worried about winning now.

If Hall is 100%, which seems to be the case,  then he will be the  #1 back and get the bulk of the carries. 

Moreover, what we've seen of Cook recently is he starts Strong and is kinda shot by the end of the season.  If they can keep him at 100% all year - this will be a great duo.

Young Hall getting the bulk of the work with the vet Cook playing at peak performance for the whole year as the #2.

He may not care about 6 yrs out, but he cares about this year. And how fast our squad went south with the loss of Hall & AVT is fresh. I would think Saleh would try and preserve Breece as much as possible for the POs and onward, seeing how he has a 1yr rental in Delvan Cook.

Well...I would. I guess I can't speak for Saleh

17 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

I would think if Izzy can go he’s playing.  His speed can really help. 

Word...would love to see Izzy in a real game. But not sure if we dress 4 RBs. Izzy is the only one out of the 4 with a minor injury, so he's probably the odd man out.

If Izzy was 100% healthy, I might activate him and sit Breece. Go with Cook, MC, Izzy for the opener. Toggle MC2 and Breece during the reg season...keep Breece as fresh as possible for the POs. Give Breece about 1/2 the normal workload at least until the bi

8 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Word...would love to see Izzy in a real game. But not sure if we dress 4 RBs. Izzy is the only one out of the 4 with a minor injury, so he's probably the odd man out.

If Izzy was 100% healthy, I might activate him and sit Breece. Go with Cook, MC, Izzy for the opener. Toggle MC2 and Breece during the reg season...keep Breece as fresh as possible for the POs. Give Breece about 1/2 the normal workload at least until the bi

Izzy looked ready to contribute in those preseason games and he looked comfortable as a receiver too.  I read that cook was still nursing a shoulder injury so i wonder if he’s the guy they bring along slowly.  

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

Im sorry, but this is absurd. Breece is a great player. The Jets haven’t been to the playoffs in a dozen years. They can’t sit their best players and expect to make the postseason, they have to get there. The BYE comes week 7 after the toughest six game stretch on their schedule. Again, you don’t sit your best player when you’re trying to set yourself up for the playoffs - you play your best players in an effort to win those tough games. 

Medically, there’s no reason to believe that Breece’s knee isn’t 100% right now. I imagine they’ll have him on some sort of pitch count on Monday, only because they’ve been so overly cautious with injuries this year. But if Breece is confident in the knee, there’s no reason for him to not be the clear cut #1 RB within the first couple weeks of the season. He was back at practice before the old man, after all. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Im sorry, but this is absurd. Breece is a great player. The Jets haven’t been to the playoffs in a dozen years. They can’t sit their best players and expect to make the postseason, they have to get there. The BYE comes week 7 after the toughest six game stretch on their schedule. Again, you don’t sit your best player when you’re trying to set yourself up for the playoffs - you play your best players in an effort to win those tough games. 

Medically, there’s no reason to believe that Breece’s knee isn’t 100% right now. I imagine they’ll have him on some sort of pitch count on Monday, only because they’ve been so overly cautious with injuries this year. But if Breece is confident in the knee, there’s no reason for him to not be the clear cut #1 RB within the first couple weeks of the season. He was back at practice before the old man, after all. 

Yeah.  I am not sitting Breece.  I think they will work him in slow with the idea that he can give 100% on every snap he plays.  I don't think anyone has seen much of Breece or Cook in practice, so hopefully they have a much better idea than us who should play.  I love Izzy, but I am assuming he is inactive this week and want only a small smattering of Carter (he is MC1, MC2 is the DB).

3 minutes ago, slats said:

The insanity regarding Breece by jet fans is just unbelievable.  Breece will be out there for the 1st snap of the game Monday and get the majority of carries.  Any touch given to Cook or Carter is a complete waste outside of Breece needing a quick blow.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slats said:

I'm expecting a fair number of 2 back sets with 2 TEs and 2WRs. Rodgers loves to throw to his backs and until the Bills prove they can stop the run, power football baby.

1 minute ago, Jethead said:

I'm expecting a fair number of 2 back sets with 2 TEs and 2WRs. Rodgers loves to throw to his backs and until the Bills prove they can stop the run, power football baby.

Folks are all excited about Rodgers and I am, too, but he didn’t come here to throw the ball 700 times like Brady in Tampa. The Jets are going to have the balanced attack that defensive head coaches love. Cook is here more for insurance than anything else, making sure the team misses as few beats as possible in the running game should anything happen to Breece. There’s nothing more demoralizing to a defense than having an offense run the ball down their throats. The Jets want to be that team. This is why I think we’ll see Tippmann in at center sooner rather than later, too. 

• Upvote 1