Honestly, Rodgers looked old

Facts

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Lol thanks for waiting to chime in once it’s been all that’s confirmed.

Hey, I don’t think Columbus really landed in the Indies also.

You don't have to believe me but when I saw the first replay I turned to my wife and said exactly that, it looked like he just blew out his achillies and his season is over did you not see his toes pointing toward the front of his shin ? 

Just now, Smashmouth said:

You don't have to believe me but when I saw the first replay I turned to my wife and said exactly that, it looked like he just blew out his achillies and his season is over did you not see his toes pointing toward the front of his shin ? 

Congrats you got lucky 

29 minutes ago, Facts said:

I know you just want to make the rude comment without thinking critically but Rodgers, in only 4 snaps, completely missed 2 pass rushers steaming toward him, as well as missed wide open receivers. THIS IS WHY Green Bay was okay letting him go. They know his skills had diminished. 

Green Bay didn’t trade Rodgers because they thought Love is a stud. They traded him because they knew he was toast.

He would have been better than Zach but I believe the difference is smaller than most realize at his current age.

The other thing that people forget is that not a single other team was interested in him after it became known he was available. Zilch. No one. It was a desperation move on the Jets part, no doubt partly instigated by an owner who’s getting old and wants a Super Bowl trophy now. 

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He looked a lot like he looked last year.

As a Jet fan it sucks to see and sad it happened so early...

But with the Tackles the Jets put out there trying to protect an aging, soon to be, 40 year old QB.  It was just a matter of time before he got hurt,  Later than sooner would have been better!!!!! SUCKS...

If you were paying attention it was pretty easy to see coming.

Sucks....This was our years, this was the team...the talent is everywhere... But Jets.

You could tell so much from 4 plays? LOL. I would take 26/12 3700 yards and a 65% completion rate any day rather the alternative of watching Wilson look confused and incompetent. Anybody can get hurt regardless of age. Lawson tore his achilles 2 years ago and JK Dobbins just did it yesterday. sh*t happens unfortunately. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, BroadwayRay said:

The other thing that people forget is that not a single other team was interested in him after it became known he was available. Zilch. No one. It was a desperation move on the Jets part, no doubt partly instigated by an owner who’s getting old and wants a Super Bowl trophy now. 

Yep.

I made this point before.

We were the ONLY team stupid enough to take Green Bay’s bait.

Everyone else knew he was toast.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

No I didn't get lucky at all not worth arguing it seemed pretty obvious and what confirmed it even more is the way he just sat down on the field since you really cant walk with a torn achillies but you can walk with a sprained ankle.

Ok you’re the greatest visual orthopedist in the world with ESP detection abilities. Better?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Facts said:

Yep.

How many teams are there in the NFL ready to win now and contend for a SB  with complete incompetence at the QB position ?? The Jets were the team he wanted to play for all along and everyone knew it. Rodgers did not look old he had free blitzers coming at him from every angle and never even had time to set and throw and your interpretation of that is he's old ? I guess Daniel Jones is old as well as is Josh Allen who didnt do much in the pocket either 

13 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

You could tell so much from 4 plays? LOL. I would take 26/12 3700 yards and a 65% completion rate any day rather the alternative of watching Wilson look confused and incompetent. Anybody can get hurt regardless of age. Lawson tore his achilles 2 years ago and JK Dobbins just did it yesterday. sh*t happens unfortunately. 

Would old man Rodgers have been better than Zach Wilson.  For sure.  Really wasn't a question. 

Was 40 year old Rodgers, with this Tackle situation, going to take us to a Super Bowl is an entirely different discussion.

You guys keep wanting to compare Rodger to Wilson...I can't imagine  a single Jet fan believes Wilson would be better.

Bottom line - Joe Douglas made an awful calculation here...

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Ok you’re the greatest visual orthopedist in the world with ESP detection abilities. Better?

you don't have to be a smart ass about it but when a see a foot bend forward like it obviously did and then he sat down because he could not walk it seemed pretty evident to me. 

4 minutes ago, Facts said:

We weren’t going to get that.

Id be surprised if we got 20 TD and 12 INT from him, had he played the whole season. 

You have no way of knowing that especially with a more talented roster than he played with last year. I think he would have put up some really good numbers. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Facts said:

Yep.

Yup.

And we bid against ourselves.  There was literally no one else offering anything but we gave away the farm out of impatience

Hey, at least we get our 1st back.  The silver lining in this failed experiment.

• Upvote 1

Remember in ep. 1 of HN where they had Rodgers jumping up and down while holding a medicine ball?

And Rodgers was saying he’d never done anything like that before in his career.

I swear I was even thinking at the time why is this even necessary for a 39-year old QB?

Seemed like a poor risk-reward deal for an old QB to be unnecessarily stressing his ankles and calves like that.

And the training camp calf strain may have had something to do with that as well.

He’d obviously been fine to that point in his career without that exercise.

I mean what was the point anyway?

It’s not like he’s a WR or RB and needed to build up his explosiveness for vertical or broad jumps.

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

LOL watch the replays as soon as he set he had guys on him

That is completely false.  Here is the play he got hurt on.  Hes ready to throw, has a guy wide open and no defender threatening him.

The injury is on rodgers, not the oline,

He looked like a deer in headlights before the game even started.  Someone was up with him and unfortunately, it will never come out.  He was gun shy.

6BA33587-E95A-42E3-A330-AF09A70BE135.jpeg

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Would old man Rodgers have been better than Zach Wilson.  For sure.  Really wan't a question. 

Was 40 year old Rodgers, with this Tackle situation, going to take us to a Super Bowl is an entirely different discussion.

You guys keep wanting to compare Rodger to Wilson...I can't imagine  a single Jet believes Wilson would be better.

Bottom line - Joe Douglas made an awful calculation here...

I don't blame him one bit for making that trade and trying to significantly upgrade the most important position in all of sports especially when we have received league worst QB play for far too long. Once again Rodgers numbers last year even with a finger injury were still good and far better than what we are used to even though they weren't MVP worthy. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

That is completely false.  Here is the play he got hurt on.  Hes ready to throw, has a guy wide open and no defender threatening him.

The injury is on rodgers, not the oline,

He looked like a deer in headlights before the game even started.  Someone was up with him and unfortunately, it will never come out.  He was gun shy.

6BA33587-E95A-42E3-A330-AF09A70BE135.jpeg

I was not just talking about the play he got injured on. Either way he's looking right and a guy to his left is already on his way a split second away from contact. Who is the guy on the floor completely missing that block ? Or am I imagining that ? Is that Brown ?

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I don't blame him one bit for making that trade and trying to significantly upgrade the most important position in all of sports especially when we have received league worst QB play for far too long. Once again Rodgers numbers last year even with a finger injury were still good and far better than what we are used to even though they weren't MVP worthy. 

You don't have to blame him.  Totally get it...But his choices have failed miserably.  

Like those choices or not -  The Rodgers move turned out to be a disaster.  

Joe Douglas's job is to win football games and to date he's been a disaster at it.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

You don't have to blame him.  Totally get it...But his choices have failed miserably.  

Like those choices or not -  The Rodgers move turned out to be a disaster.  

Joe Douglas's job is to win football games and to date he's been a disaster at it.  

No GM makes all the right moves. Look at the roster he inherited and let me know how many Jet rosters have had this much talent. Unfortunately QB is now a problem again. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

No GM makes all the right moves. Look at the roster he inherited and let me know how many Jet rosters have had this much talent. Unfortunately QB is now a problem again. 

In all seriousness.  I don't think JD has been incompetent.  But he's been the GM for a half a decade and is well under .500 without going to the playoffs - and that's not going to change this year.  In a league where nearly half the teams make the playoffs.  

It's inarguable that he's been a bad GM.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nyjets1969 said:

Thats why we should have went for Carr and got a OT. Woody wanted this so he could sell tickets. Just look at the attendance tonight 83k as much as the SB.  I was one the few on this board that did not want this trade. I wanted Carr buy us time and grab a QB in a future draft to replace Carr. Zach is not future he is showing that nothing has changed since last year.

Carr is a career can and Zach clearly improved since last year

yall gotta watch the games man

• More Ugh 1

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

In all seriousness.  I don't think JD has been incompetent.  But he's been the GM for a half a decade and is well under .500 without going to the playoffs - and that's not going to change this year.  In a league where nearly half the teams make the playoffs.  

It's inarguable that he's been a bad GM.  

What are you talking about!! He assembled one of the best rosters in the entire NFL.  The Jets are stacked top to bottom, and were basically a qb away from title contention.  He then got that qb (imo a top 5 qb of all time) and somehow this is a bad deal.  A season removed from MVP and in a league where 43 year old Tom Brady won a superbowl.

Lets not forget that he entered the league with a team that was in absolute salary cap hell, with a roster that was so void of talent that people were comparing us to college teams.

By any objective metric, he’s killed it as a GM.  If you want to blame someone, blame the football gods for bad luck, b/c Rogers injury was just that, a freak event.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hael said:

What are you talking about!! He assembled one of the best rosters in the entire NFL.  The Jets are stacked top to bottom, and were basically a qb away from title contention.  He then got that qb (imo a top 5 qb of all time) and somehow this is a bad deal.  A season removed from MVP and in a league where 43 year old Tom Brady won a superbowl.

Lets not forget that he entered the league with a team that was in absolute salary cap hell, with a roster that was so void of talent that people were comparing us to college teams.

By any objective metric, he’s killed it as a GM.  If you want to blame someone, blame the football gods for bad luck, b/c Rogers injury was just that, a freak event.

I'm going to ask two simple questions....

1. What is the ultimate objective of an NFL GM?
  2. How has Joe Douglas performed against that objective, in the half-decade, as an NFL GM?

5 hours ago, nyjets1969 said:

Thats why we should have went for Carr and got a OT. Woody wanted this so he could sell tickets. Just look at the attendance tonight 83k as much as the SB.  I was one the few on this board that did not want this trade. I wanted Carr buy us time and grab a QB in a future draft to replace Carr. Zach is not future he is showing that nothing has changed since last year.

You aren't the only one. 

Even media heads like Rich Eisen preferred Carr.

Writing was on the wall and he was the most logical fit. 

But no, Woody per usual can't help himself but to **** this team. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hael said:

It was not a freak event. He's almost 40 and came into the preseason with a lingering calf issue. Major red flag that reared its ugly head last night.

He should have signed Teddy Bridgewater. Zach was never an answer for backup QB but here we are. Somehow the Lions have been more competent than our ownership.

Carr was the real answer but God forbid Woody lets the adults he hired to manage the roster do their job. 

2 hours ago, Facts said:

I know you just want to make the rude comment without thinking critically but Rodgers, in only 4 snaps, completely missed 2 pass rushers steaming toward him, as well as missed wide open receivers. THIS IS WHY Green Bay was okay letting him go. They know his skills had diminished. 

Green Bay didn’t trade Rodgers because they thought Love is a stud. They traded him because they knew he was toast.

He would have been better than Zach but I believe the difference is smaller than most realize at his current age.

Rodgers 2022 campaign would have been a top 3 best of Jet QB seasons.

That's all we needed.

We can't have nice things.

Real answer was Derek Carr but Woody Johnson sucks.