Props to Wilson

Ghost

7 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

I don't know if I've ever seen all 4 OL trailing behind all the DL like that. Maybe do a photoshop and swap the jerseys. LOL

The fact that he’s rolling to the right and Laken Tomlinson is already over on that side of the field tells you that this play has run well beyond three seconds. It’s Zach holding the ball again. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The fact that he’s rolling to the right and Laken Tomlinson is already over on that side of the field tells you that this play has run well beyond three seconds. It’s Zach holding the ball again. 

Possibly, but I would need to see more. Nevertheless, it's not like he held the ball for 6 seconds, I'm sure. That OL play there, is horrendous and inexcusable.

• Sympathy 1

It's possible all the receivers were covered ... But all 4 ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Ken Schroy said:

Possibly, but I would need to see more. Nevertheless, it's not like he held the ball for 6 seconds, I'm sure. That OL play there, is horrendous and inexcusable.

Held the ball for 2.98 seconds per against the Giants rush. He is back up to  fifth slowest in football in time to throw, behind Watson, Russell Wilson, Jalen Hurts, and Justin Fields. 

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

It’s a DB blitz, too. There’s a receiver open on the play. Zach just can’t find him. 

IMG_4548.jpeg

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Held the ball for 2.98 seconds per against the Giants rush. He is back up to  fifth slowest in football in time to throw, behind Watson, Russell Wilson, Jalen Hurts, and Justin Fields. 

Understood and NOT good. But OL sux badly too. Maybe worse.

Just now, Ken Schroy said:

Understood and NOT good. But OL sux badly too. Maybe worse.

Yeah, but one worsens the other, you know? And Zach has been consistently among the worst in the league in time to throw, and definitely the slowest among QBs who don’t give you anything in the run game

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

All five giants beat the entire Offensive Line .. all five. I'll have to hunt the play down in the broadcast.

He’s already outside the right hash and Leonard Williams is the closest guy to him. It’s more likely that Zach freaked out when the DB blitzed and bailed on the pocket, unbeknownst to his OL. I don’t think they even credited Williams with a pressure on this play

He’s already outside the right hash and Leonard Williams is the closest guy to him. It’s more likely that Zach freaked out when the DB blitzed and bailed on the pocket, unbeknownst to his OL. I don’t think they even credited Williams with a pressure on this play
All 5

• Sympathy 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Excuse me sir this is the Props to Zach Wilson thread. Are you lost friend? 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

All 5

Here’s the play you’re looking for. It’s 3rd and 13, Giants load the LOS and bring five. Wilson, because the LBs bail on the play, gets confused, holds the ball, starts scrambling to his right. 10:20 mark or so. 

Here’s the play you’re looking for. It’s 3rd and 13, Giants load the LOS and bring five. Wilson, because the LBs bail on the play, gets confused, holds the ball, starts scrambling to his right. 10:20 mark or so. 

Thanks Tom ... Scrubbed around a lot to find the play ... He was under severe pressure all day and looked decent. The play in question he turned a coverage sack into a gain by escaping the pocket.

Thanks Tom ... Scrubbed around a lot to find the play ... He was under severe pressure all day and looked decent. The play in question he turned a coverage sack into a gain by escaping the pocket.

he definitely still can't diagnose stuff quickly but at least he's not throwing it up for grabs in the middle of the field.  that's the main reason the jets are in all these games.  now the turnovers are the fumbles

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I watched the video again and he did some admirable things hanging in the pocket and trying to deliver passes. I can see why Nania, Jeremiah, etc gave him extra credit for what he was dealing with. That said, he consistently locks onto one receiver pre-snap and is slow to move off of it if it’s not there post-snap. The Giants were crowding the box, daring them to go downfield, and the offense didn’t even try it until the last 24 seconds. The whole thing is hamstrung by Wilson not being intellectually nimble on any given play. He’s too easily fooled by coverages, blitzes, etc, but will look good on those rare occasions when his pre-snap read is correct and it just becomes a pitch-and-catch play for him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

I watched the video again and he did some admirable things hanging in the pocket and trying to deliver passes. I can see why Nania, Jeremiah, etc gave him extra credit for what he was dealing with. That said, he consistently locks onto one receiver pre-snap and is slow to move off of it if it’s not there post-snap. The Giants were crowding the box, daring them to go downfield, and the offense didn’t even try it until the last 24 seconds. The whole thing is hamstrung by Wilson not being intellectually nimble on any given play. He’s too easily fooled by coverages, blitzes, etc, but will look good on those rare occasions when his pre-snap read is correct and it just becomes a pitch-and-catch play for him. 

He could have easily passed for over 300 yards in that game. It's not all bad. Kudos for at least giving him an off-hand compliment!

I agree with this .. all of it .. what I am not sure about is the downfield design to the play calling to counter the stacked box ... And the verbal direction Zach is being given.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You crucified him for being skittish, scared, and weak for years.

Now he's showing toughness and it's not enough. 

For me it's step one.  Now the game needs to slow down a bit for him (which might not ever happen). 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

He could have easily passed for over 300 yards in that game. It's not all bad. Kudos for at least giving him an off-hand compliment!

The 50-yard TD to Breece was the result of the Giants defense going full-on Keystone Kops with their angles. Zach Wilson was a lot closer to throwing for 90 yards in this game than he was 300.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

don't underestimate the effect the rain had.  you have to believe saleh/hackett were in ZW's ear constantly saying, look, don't make any stupid throws today, one dumb throw could decide this crappy game.  

• Sympathy 1

I agree with this .. all of it .. what I am not sure about is the downfield design to the play calling to counter the stacked box ... And the verbal direction Zach is being given.

Translation:  It's not Zach's fault, it's those damned Coaches.

Clearly, Zach needs his 3rd O-Co before we can "see what he really got".

The parallels to all our previous bust QB's are just so funny, we've heard all these arguments before, over and over, for Sam, Geno, Sanchez and more.  Almost verbatim.  

For me it's step one.  Now the game needs to slow down a bit for him (which might not ever happen). 
This is on point ... But his production must increase soon. He needs to function as a point scoring machine.

1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

He’s still skittish which is why he struggles against the blitz and under pressure. I just gave him credit for avoiding the impulse to retreat every play. 

• Haha 1

Translation:  It's not Zach's fault, it's those damned Coaches.
Clearly, Zach needs his 3rd O-Co before we can "see what he really got".
The parallels to all our previous bust QB's are just so funny, we've heard all these arguments before, over and over, for Sam, Geno, Sanchez and more.  Almost verbatim.  
Good Morning Fish

• Haha 1