Props to Wilson

Ghost

The interception is disputed for sure. it took freak individual effort to come down with it even, and Wilson was open -- surtain was turned around and it was thrown in front of Wilson but behind Surtain where Surtain had no chance on it, to even see it. Zach didn't throw it back shoulder as he did last week, it may have been an intended placement in front. We need to hear from Zach whether he was trying to throw back shoulder but mis-threw it or whether he intended to throw it where he did. He will definitely say it should not have been thrown but IMO it was not a high probability int throw...

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Xtina said:

If only he had played this way his first or even second year. If this were Zach’s first or even second year this would be very promising. A third year QB should not be throwing that interception. This is a very slow learning curve. 

💯 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ghost said:

• He did not play as good as he did last week but he played better than his usual self. I know that’s not saying much but with Breece Hall and our defense, we do not need to throw 3 touchdowns a game. 

• He made very important throws to Wilson and Conklin that kept the chains moving. 

• The INT was his fault. He should’ve been in a position where only Garrett Wilson can catch it. This is something he will learn from. I’m starting to slowly believe in this kid! 

Two steps forward, one step back.

He did enough today.  The INT was a tough one, but he made a few big, key throws today.

The biggest problem was the end of the 1st half.  Saleh in post game making it sound like the whole situation needs to be improved.  Maybe 75% on Zach, 25% even calling that kind of play (coaches).

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Zach was not good and you people need to stop pretending otherwise.  I thought this was the start of Zach's "revenge tour"?  That's what I heard all week, and all I saw this game was field goals and 3 for 12 on 3rd downs because of sacks and ridiculous checkdowns.  Remember how he completely wasted points checking it down before the half?  That's what he did against NE on 4th down.  Anyone remember?  Or do we just continue the gaslighting by saying "Zach did what he had to do to win" BS.

Trevor Siemien would have done better than 6 points in the first half, 22 points total against a historically bad defense.  Zach can only checkdown and hit WIDE open receivers on rollouts.  Just because we won against a terrible opponent today doesn't mean the struggles won't continue.

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 7
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 4
  • Ugh 2
  • Haha 1

Im traveling so following it on Sportsline and cant comment on Zac’s play.  He was 19/26 for 200 yds so statistically not too bad.

The one  criticism I feel comfortable making is Saleh again kicking on 4 th and 1 in the fourth qter with like 7 mins to go.  We ran all over these guys and getting a first there would have killed more clock and possibly led to a TD that would have made a comeback unlikely.  Instead Denver marched right down and got the TD and 2 pt conversion to make it close.    I generally like Saleh but he needs to grow a pair.  That decision almost cost him the game.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I have 0 problem w/ the pick.  Like being aggressive there.  Ball went through garretts hands and defender made a great play.  It happens.

Wilson still was not good today.  He is playing at a low end backup qb level.  He needs to step it up!

Yeah, I hear you, but he is improving. I think that is all we can hope for. Everyone seems to think he has to look great?  That's probably never going to happen, but he is improving. What other choice do we have?  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Xtina said:

If only he had played this way his first or even second year. If this were Zach’s first or even second year this would be very promising. A third year QB should not be throwing that interception. This is a very slow learning curve. 

He's going for the Geno Smith learning curve.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1