Zach is the problem, not Penalties.

doitny

7 minutes ago, cat999 said:

Do you have any evidence to back up this opinion? All I've read about him is that he works diligently and tries very hard to do exactly what the coaches tell him to do, maybe to a fault.  I laughed at and get the ' not a dude' discussion, but seems like  he's giving it his all even if his all ain't good enough

I don’t really care what the reasons are.

He can go back to Utah 5 days a week every week during the season if he plays well on gameday.

Bottom line is he just freaking sucks.

I’m trying to think of an NBA equivalent to ZW…

I’m sure there is a good comp…

Athletic dude who if you watch him in warmups you’d think he’s a baller but falls apart in a real game outside of 1 or 2 random moments. 

• Post of the Week 1

32 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I’m trying to think of an NBA equivalent to ZW…

I’m sure there is a good comp…

Athletic dude who if you watch him in warmups you’d think he’s a baller but falls apart in a real game outside of 1 or 2 random moments. 

Ben Simmons, Kwame Brown, Joe Smith, Marcus Fizer, Darko Millicic, Stromile Swift.

Simmons and Joe Smith had good rookie years though so even they aren’t a good comparison.  

And Zach isn’t an elite athlete, either.  All of the guys I just listed were.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

trying to think of an NBA equivalent to ZW…

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ben Simmons, Kwame Brown, Joe Smith, Marcus Fizer, Darko Millicic, Stromile Swift.

Simmons and Joe Smith had good rookie years though so even they aren’t a good comparison.  

And Zach isn’t an elite athlete, either.  All of the guys I just listed were.  

Adam Morrison.

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, cat999 said:

Do you have any evidence to back up this opinion? All I've read about him is that he works diligently and tries very hard to do exactly what the coaches tell him to do, maybe to a fault.  I laughed at and get the ' not a dude' discussion, but seems like  he's giving it his all even if his all ain't good enough

He lives in Utah. 

• Haha 1

On 11/13/2023 at 9:47 PM, doitny said:

i know, another Zach thread right....

so we lost yesterday and Zach played ok. it was the penalties and drops right? 

well would it surprise you that we are the 4th least team in defensive penalties with 44? we are 2 short of leading the league in least penalties. Dallas, Buffalo have 56. SF 57, the Eagles have 61.

on offense it was lower but now were 17th with 60. the same as KC and Buffalo. SF has 62. 

and we are 9th least in yards with 443. Buffalo 476, KC 500, Det 502, Balt 532, Dall 544, SF 565. so when your complaining that we keep getting pushed back. there are a hell of a lot more teams getting pushed back even farther than us. including some of the best in the NFL.

wow look at all those penalties from SF and Buffalo. what undisciplined teams. someone should fire there HCs.

point is, everyone gets them. some of the best teams get the same or alot more than us. whats the difference? they have a QB and we have the 30th worst in the NFL. 

with Zach we have to be perfect. no penalties, no drops. defense pitching a near shutout every week. nobody can play a mistake free game.

so next time you want to complain about penalties dont, we commit less for less yards then some of the best teams around. but they can make it up with there QBs, and we cant. its the QB, not the HC.

You are looking for an easy answer.  It the offense.  Every aspect of the offense stinks.

The offensive line cannot provide even decent protection.  They cannot consistently open holes for the running game.

Uzamah can't block, can't catch and is penalty prone.

The #2 and #3 wide receivers are are washed up,  They cannot get open and when they do, they lead the league in drops.

The running attack has a stud who gets hit before the line every run, a #2 who stinks and a #3 just put on waivers.

The only NFL quality players on the offense are Garrett Wilson, Breece, Conklin, Tippman and Vera Tucker.

The Quarterback stinks and is heavily weighted by too many lousy receivers, crummy running backs and a swiss cheese line.

The penalties are a major issue because they happen every time the team crosses midfield.  

The offensive coordinator has to be responsible for bringing in so many poor bad players, not finding ways to open the offense, no answer in the red zone and the complete lack of discipline.

The teams you compare to have stellar lines, quality backs, illusive and sure handed receivers and a great quarterback.  That is 11 quality to star level players.  That is 6 more than we have.  If you don't have enough quality, penalties and drops are much more insurmountable.

• More Ugh 2

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nov 18 of his 3rd season he still only has 5, yet ~ 20-25 % of JN/analysts still think there’s “something there”. 

Yes the much "Improved" and elite skills Zach in his third year has 5 TD's and 11 turnovers, cut down on his INT but has substituted fumbles has turnovers.........Can't find the end zone with a map and third down % historically bad.......But just look at that no look pass to Lazard and you will see light at the end of the tunnel........;)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Flashlite80 said:

You are looking for an easy answer.  It the offense.  Every aspect of the offense stinks.

The offensive line cannot provide even decent protection.  They cannot consistently open holes for the running game.

Uzamah can't block, can't catch and is penalty prone.

The #2 and #3 wide receivers are are washed up,  They cannot get open and when they do, they lead the league in drops.

The running attack has a stud who gets hit before the line every run, a #2 who stinks and a #3 just put on waivers.

The only NFL quality players on the offense are Garrett Wilson, Breece, Conklin, Tippman and Vera Tucker.

The Quarterback stinks and is heavily weighted by too many lousy receivers, crummy running backs and a swiss cheese line.

The penalties are a major issue because they happen every time the team crosses midfield.  

The offensive coordinator has to be responsible for bringing in so many poor bad players, not finding ways to open the offense, no answer in the red zone and the complete lack of discipline.

The teams you compare to have stellar lines, quality backs, illusive and sure handed receivers and a great quarterback.  That is 11 quality to star level players.  That is 6 more than we have.  If you don't have enough quality, penalties and drops are much more insurmountable.

we have 2 years of data proving it is the QB. last 2 years White, Flacco and Johnson all played better than Zach with the same OL, WRs, and RBs. @Jetsfan80 has posted the the stats quite often.

the penalties are a problem only because the QB isnt good enough to overcome them.

8 hours ago, Flashlite80 said:

The teams you compare to have stellar lines, quality backs, illusive and sure handed receivers and a great quarterback. 

i mentioned them because people here want to blame Saleh like no other team gets penalties or get as much as we do. that Saleh is some undisciplined HC. that the good teams and the good HCs dont get this many penalties. but i proved to them there wrong.  but fine how about his....

the Jets in 9 games have 144 PF which is 16 ppg. we have 60 pen for 443 yds.

Arizona  (2-8) in 10 games has 176 PF for 17.6 ppg. they have 69 pen for 636 yds.

Chicago  (3-7) in 10 games has 204 PF for 20.4 ppg. they have 67 pen for 554 yds.

i wouldnt call there QBs great or there lines stellar.

TB (4-5) in 9 games has 178 PF for 19.7 ppg. they have 69 pen for 497 yds.

GB (3-6) in 9 games has 179 PF for 19.8 ppg. they have 65 pen for 513 yds.

Dobbs, Fields, Baker, and Love are not great QBs. but they look great compares to Zach.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Warfish said:

He has great arm strength for a guy his size.

I know I already responded to your post (that there's no need to qualify it.  He has a rocket arm for a QB of any size) but I just heard this:

https://sportsnaut.com/zach-wilson-achieves-69-mph-fastest-throw-for-qb/

Zach Wilson achieves 69 mph on the radar gun, fastest for any QB measured by Next Gen Stats

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I know I already responded to your post (that there's no need to qualify it.  He has a rocket arm for a QB of any size) but I just heard this:

Zach Wilson achieves 69 mph on the radar gun, fastest for any QB measured by Next Gen Stats

Quote from article

Will Wilson hitting 69 mph help him during the regular season? Not really,

maybe thats his problem. hes throwing it too fast that the receivers are having a hard time catching it. too bad the article didnt mention how fast the others QBs were throwing it to compare.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, doitny said:

Quote from article

Will Wilson hitting 69 mph help him during the regular season? Not really,

maybe thats his problem. hes throwing it too fast that the receivers are having a hard time catching it. too bad the article didnt mention how fast the others QBs were throwing it to compare.

That article was from last year.  He's been a lot more accurate this year than he was in years 1 and 2.

22 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You’re trying too hard. Not sure if you’re trying to convince me, or yourself.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That article was from last year.  He's been a lot more accurate this year than he was in years 1 and 2.

Wouldn’t say a lot. Regardless on debating by how much he improved, he is clearly one of the most inaccurate throwers in the NFL. But I will give you, last yr and 2021 it wasn’t even close. He was by far the worst, with a huge gap between him and 2nd worse.

Regardless of his stickers for effort, zach is still no where near an NFL starting qb. He isn’t even an acceptable backup. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warfish said:

You’re trying too hard. Not sure if you’re trying to convince me, or yourself.

You were the one who took the shot at him by saying "He has great arm strength for a guy his size."  I'm just proving to you that there was no need to qualify it.  He's got a tremendous arm for a QB of any size.  And now you have the proof.  

• Haha 3

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

Wouldn’t say a lot. Regardless on debating by how much he improved, he is clearly one of the most inaccurate throwers in the NFL. But I will give you, last yr and 2021 it wasn’t even close. He was by far the worst, with a huge gap between him and 2nd worse.

Regardless of his stickers for effort, zach is still no where near an NFL starting qb. He isn’t even an acceptable backup. 

If the Jets were to cut Zach, I feel certain he'd be picked up to be QB2 on another roster.  And I bet that team will be thinking about how to develop him to be the guy that everyone saw the potential in when he was picked #2 overall.

I'd love to hear a legitimate talent evaluator's opinion of him.

• Haha 1