New York Mets 2024 Thread (LFGM)

Scott Dierking

8 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Have to give credit to Alvarez partially too. This streak is like 90% Grimace and 10% Alvarez. 

Vientos and JD have also been big contributors. 

Pete starting to heat up… hoping he goes on a tear going into the trade deadline. I want more young cheap talent!

[mention=28279]Lith[/mention]
Were you at today’s game?! Wow… 11-1 Am I living in an alternate universe and these are aliens?

No. I was traveling yesterday. Told the boss I could be in Arkansas this week without checking the schedule. Rookie mistake.

I am here today though.

IMG_2866.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Lith said:

No. I was traveling yesterday. Told the boss I could be in Arkansas this week without checking the schedule. Rookie mistake.

I am here today though.

IMG_2866.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Probably would have been preferable to be traveling today! Rough day all around for the Mets. Which uniform did you wear today… or were you an “undercover “ fan today 🤞

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Probably would have been preferable to be traveling today! Rough day all around for the Mets. Which uniform did you wear today… or were you an “undercover “ fan today 🤞

Rough afternoon at the ballpark.  Down 5 in the first and never had a chance.  But no need to be undercover, Mets t-shirt and cap was the uniform for today.

Just win tomorrow and take the series and I can live with the L today (like I have any choice0.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Rough afternoon at the ballpark.  Down 5 in the first and never had a chance.  But no need to be undercover, Mets t-shirt and cap was the uniform for today.

Just win tomorrow and take the series and I can live with the L today (like I have any choice0.

Your back tomorrow as well?

9 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Your back tomorrow as well?

Nope.  If it was a day game, maybe, but not for a Sunday night.  I will be at home on the couch watching on ESPN.  Have to wait until they are on the South Side at the end of August.

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

For the record, I was nowhere near the outfield bleachers.  Besides, you and I have met a couple of times - you know that wasn't me.  That guy deserved getting slammed by GKR.

If a team like the Mets starts playing well and gets back into the playoff race. Why do they have to be a buyer or a seller. Just go with the players you have who are the ones playing well. Why change things up when you're having success. Plus it shows confidence by the org in current team. 

• Upvote 1

DeMayo updated the top 30 yesterday, and a few things worth noting:

- The Sproat hype seems really real. Will be interesting to see how they bring him along.

- They’ve done right by Scott and all the outlets have him around the same. That makes two very legit starters we may see in the rotation full time next year and I think that’s a damn amazing job done by the FO considering where the farm pitching was 2 years ago. 

- Acuna dropped because of his slow start but he’s been on fire as of recently so I’m not worried about his drop at all. 

- Parada seems so expendable at this point. Makes 1000% sense to move him. 

I love winning the first game of a 2-game series.  Especially against the Yankees.  9-1 would have been really nice, but 9-7 still works.  Win tonight and we are back to .500. 

About a month ago I did not think that there was much of a chance we would see .500 again until Opening Day next season.

• Upvote 4

On 6/25/2024 at 10:30 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

DeMayo updated the top 30 yesterday, and a few things worth noting:

- The Sproat hype seems really real. Will be interesting to see how they bring him along.

- They’ve done right by Scott and all the outlets have him around the same. That makes two very legit starters we may see in the rotation full time next year and I think that’s a damn amazing job done by the FO considering where the farm pitching was 2 years ago. 

- Acuna dropped because of his slow start but he’s been on fire as of recently so I’m not worried about his drop at all. 

- Parada seems so expendable at this point. Makes 1000% sense to move him. 

The Mets "pitching lab" seems to be doing some incredible work.  

Hey guys, props on the 1st 2 games of the series, you all are hammering our pitching, and aside from Judge, shutting down pretty much the entire lineup.

If I was the Mets' coach, I would just walk Judge every AB, regardless of the situation.  Treat him like Bonds back in the day, no one else in the lineup after him can hurt you.  Best of luck today, hope you lose by 10 (but I'm not counting on it).

59 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Hey guys, props on the 1st 2 games of the series, you all are hammering our pitching, and aside from Judge, shutting down pretty much the entire lineup.

If I was the Mets' coach, I would just walk Judge every AB, regardless of the situation.  Treat him like Bonds back in the day, no one else in the lineup after him can hurt you.  Best of luck today, hope you lose by 10 (but I'm not counting on it).

So long as we have the guy in the 20-foot high Grimace costume we don't need to worry about any of that stuff.

On 6/26/2024 at 10:58 AM, Lith said:

I love winning the first game of a 2-game series.  Especially against the Yankees.  9-1 would have been really nice, but 9-7 still works.  Win tonight and we are back to .500. 

About a month ago I did not think that there was much of a chance we would see .500 again until Opening Day next season.

The young guys are really making an impact. Vientos and Alvarez are on fire! I wasn't expecting much from Vientos, but the kid can stroke.

Restore Bady's confidence, start getting Jett moving up a level and start getting ready for 2025.

Pete unfortunately won't bring much back at the trade deadline. He's done here.

• Upvote 1

What a difference 10 days make-The mets were dead-but some of the lineup changes and the older and younger guys are stroking-

Putting us in position to challenge for wild card berths LGM

• Upvote 1