New York Mets 2024 Thread (LFGM)

Scott Dierking

8 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm not crying you're crying.

He had the quote for the ages on the SNY postgame. Gelbs asked him what this means to him as the longest tenured Met? He said” this is everything that I’ve dreamed of since the day I was drafted.” Still gives me chills😎LGM

• Upvote 3

I don't care what happens the rest of the way (obviously I really do), but thank you Steve Cohen. Thank you for rescuing us from ownership that did not care about results on the field. Thank you for investing in the infrastructure of the organization to prepare players better and to support the organization at all levels. Thank you for hiring David Stearns with a vision of how an organization should operate. Lastly, thank you for acting like you actually care about field results. 

And, the best is even yet to come. This offseason is going to set the stage for the next 5 years, and the minor league affiliates are about to blossom with fruit to support growth in a much more operable way.

Oh, and one last request, Steve. Please purchase the God damn Jets. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Lindor just trotting the bases like that was just another day at the office was the most gangster sh*t. No bat flip, no yelling, nothing. Just watched it go and a brisk jog. If Cohen doesn’t give him a C I quit. 

Add to that no goggles in the locker room celebration. Guys straight money 

• Haha 1