New York Mets 2024 Thread (LFGM)

Scott Dierking

On 8/22/2024 at 12:50 PM, Ruby2 said:

I have no idea what to do with Alonso. I want to keep him but he cant hit 240. No good answers now.

He’s been hitting.240/.250 the last couple of years or so. Only difference were the higher HR/RBI totals. This year has been meh. Make a reasonable offer and see if he wants to stay

• Upvote 1

I think Mendoza has done a real good job this year, but I would like to see him realize when his bullpen guys are off. Butto's last outing was not good. I dont understand trying to give him the 8th when he got us out of the 7th when you have a reliable option in Maton there.

Also, what does Gary Cohen despise more, Yankee Stadium or Manny Machado?? lolol

• Haha 1

On 8/24/2024 at 2:23 PM, 32EBoozer said:

He’s been hitting.240/.250 the last couple of years or so. Only difference were the higher HR/RBI totals. This year has been meh. Make a reasonable offer and see if he wants to stay

He doesn't swing at fastballs ahead in the count, I do not understand.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ruby2 said:

I think Mendoza has done a real good job this year, but I would like to see him realize when his bullpen guys are off. Butto's last outing was not good. I dont understand trying to give him the 8th when he got us out of the 7th when you have a reliable option in Maton there.

Also, what does Gary Cohen despise more, Yankee Stadium or Manny Machado?? lolol

To be fair, MaChado is an unlikeable prick.

• Upvote 1

Am i reading the play by play right? He took Maton out with two outs and no one on in the 8th for Diaz??

I know bullpens are hard but here is an easy rule. Do not bring in someone else mid inning when there isn't a problem. Do not let a late inning guy start a new inning after getting out of a problem in the prior inning. BASIC BASIC Stuff, and these morons cant figure it out. Unreal. Two out of the last three games lost because major league managers cant understand simple concepts. 

Edit: no i didnt read it correctly, Yahoo sports App sucks balls. Still only one on and had gotten two outs in a row.

• Upvote 1

On 8/29/2024 at 9:01 AM, Ruby2 said:

Am i reading the play by play right? He took Maton out with two outs and no one on in the 8th for Diaz??

I know bullpens are hard but here is an easy rule. Do not bring in someone else mid inning when there isn't a problem. Do not let a late inning guy start a new inning after getting out of a problem in the prior inning. BASIC BASIC Stuff, and these morons cant figure it out. Unreal. Two out of the last three games lost because major league managers cant understand simple concepts. 

Edit: no i didnt read it correctly, Yahoo sports App sucks balls. Still only one on and had gotten two outs in a row.

If Diaz did his job, we’d be up a game on Atlanta. Frustrating 

• Upvote 3

9/4 Boston

9/6-9/9 Cincy

9/9-9/11 @ Toronto

9/13-9/15 @ Philly

9/16-9/18 Washington

9/19-9/22 Philly

9/24-9/26 @ Atlanta

9/27-9/29 @ Milwaukee

Ill be honest I don't love our schedule. Gotta hope Milwaukee has nothing to play for that last series, but the way this year is it probably will matter for seeding for them.

LMAO how do you not walk Vientos who is one of the top 20 offensive players in the entire game, who rakes against lefties. You set up the force for headcase Alonso and Vientos as a baserunner means absolutely nothing.

How are managers payed millions of dollars to be so absolutely brain dead gee whiz.

4 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

This has been a remarkable run. Waiting for my heart to get broken, because this has been fun. 

The thing I keep telling myself to not expect doom is that every single significant Mets playoff run is always a result of them pulling some wild sh*t like this. 

• Upvote 3

I've thoroughly enjoyed the experience of following (and watching) almost every game this year. Never that done before. Since start of April I've been able to catch at least half of 75% of the games, and at least 1/3 on +85%.. Very different type of sporting experience -- getting right into each series, rather than each game. 

This last stretch after the Jays looks hella rough minus the Nats, but if we make it, we've earned it. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/9/2024 at 3:15 PM, Paradis said:

I've thoroughly enjoyed the experience of following (and watching) almost every game this year. Never that done before. Since start of April I've been able to catch at least half of 75% of the games, and at least 1/3 on +85%.. Very different type of sporting experience -- getting right into each series, rather than each game. 

This last stretch after the Jays looks hella rough minus the Nats, but if we make it, we've earned it. 

Baseball is meant to be a summer-long experience where you go through the entirety (within reason) of the games and live the highs and lows that the season brings. Being a Met fan, these short bursts of excellence are special. 

• Upvote 1

Mets go off on the Phils last night! After struggling for the past week offensively, the turbo kicked in last night. If Pete’s bat & Alvarez bat get hot and the good pitching we’ve received lately (minus Peterson bomb) we are looking good. Q pitched a gem last night & Manea has been a Top 10 starter over the last month or two.

Mets within 1 game of second WC spot!!

• Upvote 2