New York Mets 2024 Thread (LFGM)

Scott Dierking

I didn't think that even if Diaz reacted faster and covered first base in the Kelenac hit they would have gotten him he although not fast would have beaten it out. The thing with Diaz you can usually tell early if he's going to have probs. When his control is off so is his game. In bottom of 9th hate to see him blow it in two straight innings.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They were saying pre-game that the team that wins Game 1 will use their backups/low leverage arms in Game 2 and such.

We sure about that?  Maybe I'm old school here but I would think you at least START Game 2 trying to win to knock a division rival out, no?....

Rather play Brewers that Padres.

12 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The Mets are 1-5 vs Brewers this season only W was last game that 5-0 W. And in previous game Mets could not hit 6 Milw pitchers. Mets are 5-2 vs SD this season.

And those records mean almost nothing once a playoff series starts.  Doesn't matter much to me who we face.  But I would like to see us knock the Braves out here, lol.  That would be delicious.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And those records mean almost nothing once a playoff series starts.  Doesn't matter much to me who we face.  But I would like to see us knock the Braves out here, lol.  That would be delicious.

I also like the idea of the "revenge tour" aspect of playing the Padres in a wildcard series.  Take them out in their place like they did to us in ours a couple of years ago.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I also like the idea of the "revenge tour" aspect of playing the Padres in a wildcard series.  Take them out in their place like they did to us in ours a couple of years ago.

Revenge tour, you say???

@Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac @Pac 

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I used those words specifically because of Pac.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

People watch the Mets?  lol...

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Musgrove pitches against the Mets like his hair is on fire, because of the dust up in the playoffs a couple of years ago. Take my chances with the Brewers. This year was never meant to be our year. Anything beyond now is gravy. Next year it starts.

• Upvote 1

Look I'm not complaining. I'll take a W any way we can get one. If Zuerlein had made that 50 yarder and we won I'd be a happy camper instead of unhappy. But in the first game Mets were shut out 7 out of 9. And in second game shut out all 9 innings. Which means in 18 innings only scored in two innings. We also saw that in the Brew Crew series. So I don't know about this offense esp against a Milw pitching staff the Mets haven't hit. You can only hope. Plus I have little faith in Diaz who all season long I felt was going to be the most important player on the team. With their inconsistent hitting they need a superior closer and he isn't it. 

5 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Look I'm not complaining. I'll take a W any way we can get one. If Zuerlein had made that 50 yarder and we won I'd be a happy camper instead of unhappy. But in the first game Mets were shut out 7 out of 9. And in second game shut out all 9 innings. Which means in 18 innings only scored in two innings. We also saw that in the Brew Crew series. So I don't know about this offense esp against a Milw pitching staff the Mets haven't hit. You can only hope. Plus I have little faith in Diaz who all season long I felt was going to be the most important player on the team. With their inconsistent hitting they need a superior closer and he isn't it. 

Ya Gotta Believe!

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Watching baseball for over 50 years, have never seen a game of import swing like that in crucial moments. Not even game 6 of '86 WS. Even beats Astros game 6 of that year.

When was the last time the Jets beat the Braves in a meaningful game like that....Robin Ventura grand slam?  

• Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Man... shaky first couple of innings got hot when it counted... i was yelling two entirely different reasons early now later. 

Pitching staff retired the last 18 batters. Diaz gets some rest and we’re ready to finish this out tomorrow! Great win. 

Iglesia hustle infield hit for rbi, Vientos 2-run opposite field and JD opposite field single adds 2 more.

Severino found the strike zone after first inning for a strong 6 innings and Butto unhittable for 2 innings.

• Upvote 2