Rapoport: Woody set to run it back next year

Rhg1084

6 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Mangini was also considered safe no matter what happened in 2008...

it doesnt matter what you know, its who you know. and i dont think Mangini was well liked. i think he brought that Belichick attitude here and that doesnt work if your not winning. thats why Bills coaching tree ( McDaniels, Judge, Mangini ) dont last long. you cant act like Bill if your losing. 

its personality. if your a likable person you will get more time.

Bowles and Gase were not likable. they didnt last long.

Rex had some success but was very likable.

i think Saleh is a likable person too. he is going to get his 4th year. and if we make the playoffs dont be surprised if he doesnt get a 3-4 year extension. and alot of that will be because he is likable.

8 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Woody is crazy, you really going to trust a lame duck GM with that offseason checkbook???? 

Kiss our future goodbye boys for one or two shots with that 40 year old hippie with one leg

🙄

They don't have a lame duck GM. Douglas is signed until 2025 I believe.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Is the NY Post wrong?

Screenshot_20231224-065003.png

I guess 2019 was his first year even though it wasn't really his, and then it ends after the 2024 season? That would make sense. You wouldn't let a contract expire right after the draft.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

There’s always a guy who gets woody’s ear and it’s him right now.  So douglas is the Rasputin now.  

Him and the team Pres. woodys comments are so irritating. “We had a QB” yeah and your dumb ass forced Richie rich on the team because of reasons.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Him and the team Pres. woodys comments are so irritating. “We had a QB” yeah and your dumb ass forced Richie rich on the team because of reasons.

The thing I’m wondering now is, since douglas is returning and if rumors are true that douglas wanted wilson gone and woody is the reason he’s still here, then who does douglas think he’s getting as a backup next year and is he going to use 2025 draft capital to draft a qb to get him on the roster.  I wonder if they are thinking about adding a high profile rookie in the 2nd round so they have a real developmental qb who can step in and perform when rodgers is injured.  B/c i don’t see a guy like tannehill coming here or being able to sustain anything.  They’re going to have to get a young arm and use him as a real backup. 

Cimini speculates a couple of names that could be brought in to help on offense.

One potential fit is Bears offensive coordinator Luke Getsy, who worked with Hackett and Rodgers in Green Bay from 2019 to 2021.

Carolina Panthers offensive line coach James Campen, formerly of the Packers, is another Rodgers favorite. Both coaches could shake free after the season.

• 1 month later...
On 12/24/2023 at 1:00 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Cimini speculates a couple of names that could be brought in to help on offense.

One potential fit is Bears offensive coordinator Luke Getsy, who worked with Hackett and Rodgers in Green Bay from 2019 to 2021.

Carolina Panthers offensive line coach James Campen, formerly of the Packers, is another Rodgers favorite. Both coaches could shake free after the season.

On 12/24/2023 at 12:04 AM, doitny said:

it doesnt matter what you know, its who you know. and i dont think Mangini was well liked. i think he brought that Belichick attitude here and that doesnt work if your not winning. thats why Bills coaching tree ( McDaniels, Judge, Mangini ) dont last long. you cant act like Bill if your losing. 

its personality. if your a likable person you will get more time.

Bowles and Gase were not likable. they didnt last long.

Rex had some success but was very likable.

i think Saleh is a likable person too. he is going to get his 4th year. and if we make the playoffs dont be surprised if he doesnt get a 3-4 year extension. and alot of that will be because he is likable.

I actually think Bowles was liked and he got 4 years which is plenty. I think even Chrissy Johnson said when they fired Bowles that he was a stand up guy or something to that effect.

Rex was it like able…he was downright lovable. Dude has charisma pouring out of each of his double chins.

Saleh was likable but this year he turned into an excuse making whiny little sh*t.

Gase is the unibomber of the nfl…

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/24/2023 at 6:52 AM, Maxman said:

I guess 2019 was his first year even though it wasn't really his, and then it ends after the 2024 season? That would make sense. You wouldn't let a contract expire right after the draft.

Didn't we fire Macc after letting him run FA and the draft?