~~~Saturday NFL Football Cowboys vs Lions~~~

Beerfish

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You’re younger and your memory is probably sharper than mine with this, (and I didn’t really like either of them), so you’re probably right.

I think McCarthy has always been overrated imo because of Rodgers and now with the talent Jon’s gave him on the Cowboys. He’s done very little with all that.

The Rhule baloon burst once the religious thing probably not playing well in NY became a concern here.

Rhule bounced because Maccagnan was going to stick him with Gregg Williams. McCarthy wanted $8 mil per with roster control so Maccagnan—via Mehta—destroyed his candidacy. That said, McCarthy isn’t good. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

How many playoff games has this outstanding HC won with a stacked Dallas roster?

They are no more stacked than any other of the good teams.

It is tough to score points in this league.

Tougher to win some games.

Even tougher to make the playoffs.

Even tougher to win it all.

They win games and produce a lot of offense.

• Upvote 1

.625 winning % with Dallas

.619 career winning %

17 years, 12 playoffs

3 losing seasons out of 17

Top 5 offenses for dallas about the last 3 years at Dallas

But he's a bad coach.

Jet Fans are so used to the total dreck we put out there year after year they do not recognize a good coach that does what he is supposed to.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Offense just doesn’t jive with who the Jets are. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

.619 career winning %

17 years, 12 playoffs

But he's a bad coach.

Jet Fans are so used to the total dreck we put out there year after year they do not recognize a good coach that does what he is supposed to.

He’s not a bad coach. But he’s not good.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

.619 career winning %

17 years, 12 playoffs

But he's a bad coach.

So you’d rather have McCarthy over a fresh new rookie HC that was a DC and plays afraid like a giant pussy? 

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

A lot of words, none of which answered my question.

How many playoff games has your outstanding and underrated HC won in Dallas?

Just now, T0mShane said:

Also what

'Stacked' to me is a term that indicates a team essentially has top end talent all through the roster.  

Are all the top teams stacked?   Which teams are stacked and which are not?

McCarthy works well with Jones, he hired Gus Bradley, Dak is not a total top tier QB.  They had to rebuild the oline.  He knows how to use his best players. 

It's silly how little respect that coach gets and even worse how little respect jerry jones gets.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

.619 career winning %

17 years, 12 playoffs

But he's a bad coach.

Again, a lot of words, but still no answer.

Nobody said he’s bad, but he’s pretty meh.

13 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I recall Saleh being a popular hire at the time.

You recall correctly. He was. I saw through JD from the start, but I’ll admit I wasn’t down on Saleh until the bad finish in ‘22. He had me fooled.

Most everyone here were still all in on him and JD until the Jets lost out last season. Even then they both had a lot of support after the Rodgers trade. Once Rodgers went down and Zach had to play again everything changed.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

'Stacked' to me is a term that indicates a team essentially has top end talent all through the roster.  

Are all the top teams stacked?   Which teams are stacked and which are not?

McCarthy works well with Jones, he hired Gus Bradley, Dak is not a total top tier QB.  They had to rebuild the oline.  He knows how to use his best players. 

It's silly how little respect that coach gets and even worse how little respect jerry jones gets.

Do you mean Dan Quinn? McCarthy inherited a Hall of Fame left side of the OL. He’s posted some of the most bewildering and unconscionable playoffs collapses in the history of the sport. He stinks!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Credit where it’s due, Aaron won a Super Bowl, but imagine what his reputation would be if he hadn’t gotten that one?

Dan Marino, I guess?

But labeling Rodgers as some playoff choker whether he got that ring or not just wouldn’t be a fair assessment.  Dude has a career 45/13 TD:INT ratio and 100.1 QB rating over his 22 playoff games.  5 times in his 10 playoff losses he threw for over 300 yards and/or 3 TDs and/or his O produced 30+ points.  Can’t exactly pin those on him.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Dan Marino, I guess?

But labeling Rodgers as some playoff choker whether he got that ring or not just wouldn’t be a fair assessment.  Dude has a career 45/13 TD:INT ratio and 100.1 QB rating over his 22 playoff games.  4 times in his 10 playoff losses he threw for over 300 yards and/or 3 TDs.  Can’t exactly pin those on him.

Marino was an excellent answer 80.

I can’t argue it other than to say I watched both of them for their entire careers and I always thought Rodgers was a very, very good QB. I thought Marino was the best I ever saw.