76 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: Rank The 3 Most Recent NYJ HC's From Best To Worst

• Saleh, Gase, Bowles
    • Saleh, Bowles, Gase
    • Gase, Bowles, Saleh
    • Gase, Saleh, Bowles
    • Bowles, Saleh, Gase
    • Bowles, Gase, Saleh

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 09/01/2024 at 04:21 PM

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Of the 3 HC's, Saleh has had, by far, the most talent to work with.

Sam was head and shoulders a better QB than Zack.  JD really screwed up trading Sam rather than trading out of #2.  All that aside, Bowles had a 10 win season so he wins hands down.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

I would love to hear a cogent argument for Saleh having less talent to work with than Gase. That 2020 Jets roster is nausea-inducing. 

It was no better for Saleh in 2021, especially with the move to Wilson. Meanwhile, the 2019 roster was actually (somewhat) better than today at many positions aside from CB.

However, I was admittedly mostly taking the opposite position given that the claim of this being the supposed most talented is unequivocally wrong. You could switch around the coaches as many times as you'd like, the 2015 roster would destroy the rest. It's been all downhill from there.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

It was no better for Saleh in 2021, especially with the move to Wilson. Meanwhile, the 2019 roster was actually (somewhat) better than today at many positions aside from CB.

I mean, the defense is better at almost every position now. 

The 2019 offense had no skill position players as good as Breece Hall or GW. 

Darnold was certainly better than Zach Wilson, but he still sucked. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I mean, the defense is better at almost every position now. 

Is it though? CB is far improved, no question there. Safety is worse. LB is a wash. DL was the strength of both. This year was better with their pass rush but far worse against the run. Not exactly the great rise over 5 years some try to claim when the other side of the ball got worse.

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

1 - Todd Bowles - Mac gave him a horrible team and he's the last coach to coach the Jets to a winning season.

Last winning season was the last time we had a half-way decent QB. It's been terrible ever since.

• Upvote 1

Bowles, Gase, Saleh. Bowles because he won 10 gsmes and was the only one of the three to have us in playoff position. Let’s not talk about the Buffalo game. Gase next  because he  got us to 7- 9 with a much worse roster than Saleh has ever had.  Also, he executed the plan to tank for Trevor almost Flawlessly. Unfortunately, our a$$hole punter didn’t get the memo for the Rams game. Saleh is so far worse than the other two it’s not even funny. And that is almost I fathomable.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Last winning season was the last time we had a half-way decent QB. It's been terrible ever since.

That was a fun season with Fitzpatrick throwing to Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker. It was the most prolific passing game the Jets have had since Vinny in 1998 and Kenny in 1985. I enjoyed the 2015 season despite being disappointed in the last game of the season and missing out on the playoffs. It felt like we were headed in the right direction. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Jets hiring Gase who had just failed with the Fins over McCarthy should be considered an international war crime on the fans and @T0mShane should have been sent to Guantanamo for supporting it.

No one remembers the builders. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Is it though? CB is far improved, no question there. Safety is worse. LB is a wash. DL was the strength of both. This year was better with their pass rush but far worse against the run. Not exactly the great rise over 5 years some try to claim when the other side of the ball got worse.

I don’t see how LBs aren’t better now with Quincy Williams and Mosley playing a full year. 

Safety was better at the LOS then, but I’m not sure our safeties were better in coverage in 2019 than they are now. 

DL is also better now -  in addition to better edge rushers now, QW really didn’t break out as a star until last year. 

and again, Breece and GW? 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No one remembers the builders. 

If that dope Braden Mann doesn’t make that tackle late vs the Rams, we get Trevor. That leads to getting Pederson or a very similar offensive minded guy who would have built a great staff and we would have been on our way, just like Jax has done. We would now have a statue of Gase outside the stadium.😎

• Post of the Week 1

That was a fun season with Fitzpatrick throwing to Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker. It was the most prolific passing game the Jets have had since Vinny in 1998 and Kenny in 1985. I enjoyed the 2015 season despite being disappointed in the last game of the season and missing out on the playoffs. It felt like we were headed in the right direction. 
I was at the 2015 Wembley game Vs. Miami that year. The one that got Philbin sacked as I recall. Good times. But yeah, it's been terrible since then.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

I would love to hear a cogent argument for Saleh having less talent to work with than Gase. That 2020 Jets roster is nausea-inducing. 

I wouldn't argue Gase but I think there's a good argument to be made that 2015 Jets had more talent than 2022, for example. I certainly think with a Fitzpatrick type at QB last year we're in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I wouldn't argue Gase but I think there's a good argument to be made that 2015 Jets had more talent than 2022, for example. I certainly think with a Fitzpatrick type at QB last year we're in the playoffs.

Oh, sure 

I agree with you there because of the vast difference in QB play 

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I don’t see how LBs aren’t better now with Quincy Williams and Mosley playing a full year. 

Safety was better at the LOS then, but I’m not sure our safeties were better in coverage in 2019 than they are now. 

DL is also better now -  in addition to better edge rushers now, QW really didn’t break out as a star until last year. 

and again, Breece and GW? 

QW didn't break out but they also had LW, McLendon, and Fatukasi. Like I said, better rushers now but worse against the run. I can accept saying that's a tiebreaker in today's NFL, but not any degree of significant upgrade when over-investing in a team's position of strength. Any supposed upgrade of both LBs and safeties similarly doesn't add up with their struggles on the inside against runs and TEs. Most of them are liabilities that are likely to be sent packing.

As I said earlier, GW is certainly the best of the bunch, but the overall WR unit isn't at all. There were 5 WRs on that past team better than the rest of today's guys.

Hall is good but overrated around here to be honest. RB still wins out today for Powell being a shell of himself by then, while Cook and Bell are just the same person. However QB is worse, and OL is actually much worse today, as unimpressive as they were then.

If we want to be giving the pass rush extra weight to raise the defensive grade, then it's a total flunk from the offense for the ineptitude at QB and OL. No offense in league history could succeed without either.

Bug eyes vs the statute vs used car salesman (I take that back, that is an insult to that esteem profession)... they all suck but RS just seems more incomptent then the other two stiffs.