Will Zach be released after the season or held for a trade?

Will Zach be released after the season or held for a trade  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Title says it all

• He has no trade value so he gets released
    • JD is a master deal maker and will get something for Zach by draft day

7 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I think he ends up getting traded. Would be irritated if he's just cut.

He wont ever play for the Jets again so cutting him may be the last resort. He was "reluctant" to play....camt back to play, ran for his life then quit cough cough I mean got a concussion that kept him out the rest of the season?? hahahaha riiiiight...he told them he was not playing for them/us again and wanted to be traded, period...if there is no trade 100% he will be cut. They wont let him be a distraction all year long if this is supposed to be the one good shot with aaron back. 

5 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Depends if the relationship is totally burnt. I would prefer to keep him, even if it's QB3. I'd rather have Zach than say Nick Bawden on the roster.

he quit on us.....and prior to quitting he was reluctant to play....then had a concussion that lasted long enough where he never had to take the field again. 

Does anyone really believe that?

• Post of the Week 1

45 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Zach Wilson will be a Jet next season. Remember his last full game against the Texans? 27 for 36 300 yards and 2 TD's. Then against the Dolphins our offensive line didn't show up and it was a sack fest and Zach got injured. You can win games with Zach with even average O Line play. He's also buddies with Aaron Rodgers. The last thing the Jets want to do is release Zach and he prospers elsewhere. He's on contract for another year - unless the Jets get a really good offer for him I expect him back as the #2 QB with a late pick rookie as the #3. The Jets problems go way beyond Zach. Horrible offensive coaching and O line coaching. Non existent #2 and #3 receivers. Horrible offensive line. Poor play calling. It goes on. I expect him back but I could be wrong.

Most of this post is spot on except the you can win with zack part. 

We cant score td's with him, he reads defenses too slow. One good game out of the last 20plus isnt an indication that we can win games with him. Aaron wouldnt care if he goes elsewhere and prospers because they are buddies and they are not loyal to one organization.

It doesnt have to be a good offer for him to go, it will be an offer that is "in the best interest of the player so that he can have a fresh start" kind of offer. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

he quit on us.....and prior to quitting he was reluctant to play....then had a concussion that lasted long enough where he never had to take the field again. 

Does anyone really believe that?

I'm sure it's probably true, too much smoke. Personally, idrc about the reluctance to play. Douglas didn't try to get an OL or WR, on a human level, I can sympathize with the situation - I still think his upside as QB3 is worth seeing if the relationship can be mended rather than cutting him.

Honestly, I think the plan since getting Rodgers was to trade Zach anyway. Rodgers was always going to play 3 years, they just played it off as "almost retired" to save the trade value for the Jets. This way the Jets aren't dumping Zach because he's bad, they are dumping him because Rodgers is committing to the team longer than "expected"

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Zach Wilson will be a Jet next season. Remember his last full game against the Texans? 27 for 36 300 yards and 2 TD's. Then against the Dolphins our offensive line didn't show up and it was a sack fest and Zach got injured. You can win games with Zach with even average O Line play. He's also buddies with Aaron Rodgers. The last thing the Jets want to do is release Zach and he prospers elsewhere. He's on contract for another year - unless the Jets get a really good offer for him I expect him back as the #2 QB with a late pick rookie as the #3. The Jets problems go way beyond Zach. Horrible offensive coaching and O line coaching. O Non existent #2 and #3 receivers. Horrible offensive line. Poor play calling. It goes on. I expect him back but I could be wrong.

How can you even think this. Zach has been benched 4 times in 3 years. The O was historically bad with him as the QB. He couldn’t  throw any TD passes for the longest stretch and it wasn’t  like there were no opportunities  to do so. Save that Texan game, he was horrible. Look at his stats. If Zach goes on to have a successful  career elsewhwre, I couldn't  care less. He has been complete dog 💩 on this team and should never take another snap for the Jets. Move on. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm sure it's probably true, too much smoke. Personally, idrc about the reluctance to play. Douglas didn't try to get an OL or WR, on a human level, I can sympathize with the situation - I still think his upside as QB3 is worth seeing if the relationship can be mended rather than cutting him.

Honestly, I think the plan since getting Rodgers was to trade Zach anyway. Rodgers was always going to play 3 years, they just played it off as "almost retired" to save the trade value for the Jets. This way the Jets aren't dumping Zach because he's bad, they are dumping him because Rodgers is committing to the team longer than "expected"

I disagree on the part that the Jets didn’t  try to get an OL or WR around Zach. Moore, Hall, Wilson, Carter, Becton, AVT, Tippman Rukert, Warren, Mitchell, were all drafted in the Zach era. We also brought in Conklin and Uzomah were acquired. If the team did anything close to this for Darnold, he might still be on the team. 

nothing is happening for a while now. it makes no sense to cut him on Monday. JD will try to trade him but he has plenty of time. i would think either before FA or before the draft. 

they need to see who his replacement will be. there is a good chance guys like Brissett and Minschew wont want to come back up Rodgers. im sure there are teams where they have a better chance at starting.

so if its a choice between Zach and like the Brain Hoyers of the world there going to stay with Zach.

i think Marriota is the only good guy that would come here based on the fact he is backing up Hurts right now. he knew when he signed there he had zero chance of playing.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

How can you even think this. Zach has been benched 4 times in 3 years. The O was historically bad with him as the QB. He couldn’t  throw any TD passes for the longest stretch and it wasn’t  like there were no opportunities  to do so. Save that Texan game, he was horrible. Look at his stats. If Zach goes on to have a successful  career elsewhwre, I couldn't  care less. He has been complete dog 💩 on this team and should never take another snap for the Jets. Move on. 

The thing is no QB can be successful behind this offensive line. Look at Flacco - he was terrible as a Jet and is thriving with the Browns. Zach went into an offense designed for Rodgers and our great offensive coordinator couldn't combat teams playing 9 up front and didn't even start to change the offense till maybe the Texans game. I don't love Zach but he's been put in bad situations since he's been here.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I disagree on the part that the Jets didn’t  try to get an OL or WR around Zach. Moore, Hall, Wilson, Carter, Becton, AVT, Tippman Rukert, Warren, Mitchell, were all drafted in the Zach era. We also brought in Conklin and Uzomah were acquired. If the team did anything close to this for Darnold, he might still be on the team. 

I was more talking about this season. He was supposed to sit all year but as soon as Rodgers went down there was no additional help. We knew the OL and WRs were worse this season and we removed more talent in season. I'd say this was the least amount of talent we've had around Zach in the 3 years he's been here.

On 1/5/2024 at 4:32 PM, BurntDice said:

I’d rather keep him than release. No reason to eat all that dead cap for nothing. 

hopefully he can be traded for something. I’m guessing a 4th 

If he stays they still have to have a true or much better backup QB and Wilson stays at 3rd string.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Nixhead said:

The thing is no QB can be successful behind this offensive line. Look at Flacco - he was terrible as a Jet and is thriving with the Browns. Zach went into an offense designed for Rodgers and our great offensive coordinator couldn't combat teams playing 9 up front and didn't even start to change the offense till maybe the Texans game. I don't love Zach but he's been put in bad situations since he's been here.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0e-11RxYfc/?igsh=MWxhdjJuZDZpbDA2Mw==

8 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I was more talking about this season. He was supposed to sit all year but as soon as Rodgers went down there was no additional help. We knew the OL and WRs were worse this season and we removed more talent in season. I'd say this was the least amount of talent we've had around Zach in the 3 years he's been here.

Justin Timberlake What GIF

On 1/5/2024 at 4:28 PM, varjet said:

The Cowboys gave up a 4th and took 2 years of Lance's salary, over $9mm.  The 49ers fleeced them.  

Highly possible but not a bad deal if the recipient takes his $5.4mm salary.  

The BIG difference is - 9ers were the only ones who really knew what Lance was. Since he’s been hidden from the NFL for almost entirely 3 years. Zach Wilson was complete opposite. The entire league got to see plenty of tape on him. Despite 2,3 good games, he has shown he is complete dog sh*tt. Had we hide Wilson too, we could probably get a 4th as well. Not now lol. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

The BIG difference is - 9ers were the only ones who really knew what Lance was. Since he’s been hidden from the NFL for almost entirely 3 years. Zach Wilson was complete opposite. The entire league got to see plenty of tape on him. Despite 2,3 good games, he has shown he is complete dog sh*tt. Had we hide Wilson too, we could probably get a 4th as well. Not now lol. 

RE: Lance, worth noting that Jerry Jones made that trade by himself without telling McCarthy or his personnel guys

• Upvote 1