Zach Wilson placed on IR

8 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

What is the point of IR’ing him a day before the final game?

To ensure Nick Bawden or Xazaviam Valladay has a roster spot for the big showdown vs NE that the entire nation will be watching?

While it doesn't make any big difference, both Wilson and the other various guys who wouldn't be playing today getting IR'ed simply let them start sending offers out early to those same guys they would be signing to futures contracts tomorrow anyway.

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I can see him replacing Mike White in Miami. emoji23.pngemoji91.png

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

He’s not getting a QB2 job at a nice cushy location like you hope dude.  He’s a QB3 at best.  

For the first time in his pro career he’ll have to earn a roster spot.  

• Upvote 3

<Zach Wilson stumbles into the blue medical tent and mumbles the code words to the head trainer, “No…mas.” The trainer points to a tarp along the side of the tent and pulls it back, revealing an ornate black and gold coffin. “Get in there,” he says to Wilson. “We’ll get you out of here, as promised.” Ambling up a ladder through the trap door in the floor comes young Brick Johnson, wearing a Jets #2 uniform. “Are you ready?” the trainer says, “this is your chance.” Closing the lid of the coffin, Zach Wilson locks eyes with Brick, hyperventilating, and says “Don’t worry, kid. You literally can’t do any worse.”>

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

So about that concussion…

I like to imagine his teammates in the trainer’s room getting taped up and ready to play in this cold, bullsh*t game today just casually discussing how the org bent over backwards to accommodate one of the worst QBs of all time who just opted out of playing QB a few weeks ago and disappeared. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I like to imagine his teammates in the trainer’s room getting taped up and ready to play in this cold, bullsh*t game today just casually discussing how the org bent over backwards to accommodate one of the worst QBs of all time who just opted out of playing QB a few weeks ago and disappeared. 

we saw one of Tony Adams' BONES COME OUTSIDE OF HIS BODY and he played the second half of that game. Zach is a mush and it'll be the high point of the last 5 years when he's off this stupid team

• Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Asymmetrical said:

we saw one of Tony Adams' BONES COME OUTSIDE OF HIS BODY and he played the second half of that game. Zach is a mush and it'll be the high point of the last 5 years when he's off this stupid team

He was supposed to be gone last year until Woody stepped in. Don’t be shocked if the trade partner is some city he doesn’t want to go to and he’s back with the Jets.

Just now, Matt39 said:

He was supposed to be gone last year until Woody stepped in. Don’t be shocked if the trade partner is some city he doesn’t want to go to and he’s back with the Jets.

please stop conjuring these images. 

seriously, I doubt he wants to be here. They should just cut him if they can't get anything but they're just so weird about this player. 

• Upvote 1

The conspiracy theory was true - Zach isn’t hurt. He doesn’t want to play. And the Jets have allowed it. 
ORRR .... This ass organization is protecting their tradable asset.

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

ORRR .... This ass organization is protecting their tradable asset.

Protecting him….by telling him a month before the season ends he’ll be getting traded?  And then the little b*tch gets in his feelings and doesn’t want to play any more?  

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I guess you tell me then. Did AVT stay with the team for rehab or did he leave? 

He rejoined the team a few weeks after his initial surgery/recovery. Just because you don’t see pictures or videos of a player on the sideline or at practice does not mean they simply went AWOL. They still work for the team; they report to the facility. 

9 minutes ago, football guy said:

He rejoined the team a few weeks after his initial surgery/recovery. Just because you don’t see pictures or videos of a player on the sideline or at practice does not mean they simply went AWOL. They still work for the team; they report to the facility. 

Cool. Looking forward to hearing Zach’s comments with the media this week.

• Haha 2