We are not going anywhere, not next year or the year after...time to face facts

3 minutes ago, Alka said:

That's it??? You only thought about asking him about the uniforms?

Very sad.   

Lol I was sitting on a CitiBike at a red light and turned my head to see him standing on the sidewalk.  We BS'd for like 30 seconds.  I'm sure you would've been smooth as eggs.

It’s criminal the horrible job Joe Douglas has done with the offense. Brock Purdy would look as bad as Zach Wilson ( ok maybe not that bad ) if he were on the jets. Was listening to an interview with him, he points out the obvious. How great his many receivers are, and it’s not rocket science they can’t double all of them. Now look at their O and then jets lol. First JD line is horrible and you have no time to throw, but teams know exactly who to double on jets. No one else is a threat to a defense once G Wilson is taken out.

• Upvote 2

On 1/21/2024 at 6:48 PM, ultraJETfan said:

We'll be fine. 40 is the new 30.

No it's not. THIS is the mistaken assumption that ignorant egomaniac Aaron Rodgers is operating under. "Brady did it, I can do it."

No, you can't. You were washed last year. You were washed this year. And you'll be washed next year. Tom Brady is Tom Brady. Aaron Rodgers is not Tom Brady.

I agree, we are lightyears behind "real" teams. It's amazing. It always is. With the exception of the Rex/Parcells and some of the Herm years, it's always Jets = Frosh/JV, NFL good teams = varsity.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Dcronin said:

No it's not. THIS is the mistaken assumption that ignorant egomaniac Aaron Rodgers is operating under. "Brady did it, I can do it."

No, you can't. You were washed last year. You were washed this year. And you'll be washed next year. Tom Brady is Tom Brady. Aaron Rodgers is not Tom Brady.

I agree, we are lightyears behind "real" teams. It's amazing. It always is. With the exception of the Rex/Parcells and some of the Herm years, it's always Jets = Frosh/JV, NFL good teams = varsity.

Dude, you’re debating with ultrajetsfan!! Watch out if he holds up his special jets Roman candle

• Haha 2

And this is why my interest and caring about this team (sports in general) has been slowly fading away year after year. If I didn’t gamble I might not watch any sports anymore. The Jets, Notre Dame, USA rugby/soccer, Ireland rugby/soccer and Glasgow Celtic have officially broke me. 

Legal online gambling in Florida has helped a little 😁

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, BP said:

And here we are. Woody was so excited. From his wiki page, dude: you’re a failure :rl: 

IMG_1191.jpeg

I mean, if that’s true, then I applaud Woody.

Instead of dicking around with someone like Carr or Garoppolo who will ultimately lead you nowhere, he went “all in” on the big fish 4x MVP QB.

I still say it was the right move. Rodgers popping his achilles 4 plays into the season doesn’t change that for me. Hell, if Rodgers wasn’t on the Jets, I’d have zero faith in this team and would struggle to even care moving forward.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

The fundamental fallacy is that a 4x MVP is going to save the team.  Those seasons were in the past.  You cannot outrun Father Time.  Rodgers will break down.  His body/reflexes are not where they were.  

Woody paid too much for AR8, and putting him behind a non-existent line did not help.  The first step to fix this team was to fix the OL-not to sign AR8. 

the 49ers make everyone else look stupid. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

I mean, if that’s true, then I applaud Woody.

Instead of dicking around with someone like Carr or Garoppolo who will ultimately lead you nowhere, he went “all in” on the big fish 4x MVP QB.

I still say it was the right move. Rodgers popping his achilles 4 plays into the season doesn’t change that for me. Hell, if Rodgers wasn’t on the Jets, I’d have zero faith in this team and would struggle to even care moving forward.

The problem is we have a billionaire with zero football experience( other than being a failure as an owner) running our organization from top to bottom. 

As one nfl executive said “it’s set up to fail” the qb who only played 4 plays is even more empowered going into next season”

The Jets are spiraling in a whirlpool sea of feces on a rudderless ship. This won’t end well.

17 minutes ago, varjet said:

The fundamental fallacy is that a 4x MVP is going to save the team.  Those seasons were in the past.  You cannot outrun Father Time.  Rodgers will break down.  His body/reflexes are not where they were.  

Woody paid too much for AR8, and putting him behind a non-existent line did not help.  The first step to fix this team was to fix the OL-not to sign AR8. 

the 49ers make everyone else look stupid. 

He’s our George blanda/jim plunkett. Woody knows

On 1/29/2024 at 10:24 AM, nj meadowlands said:

Lol I was sitting on a CitiBike at a red light and turned my head to see him standing on the sidewalk.  We BS'd for like 30 seconds.  I'm sure you would've been smooth as eggs.

Hey, I'm not saying I would have been amazing or anything, but I would have just asked him" "What's the goal for 2024?"

Nothing too abrasive, but he should at least have a response to that.  Other than that, I'm sure I would have forgotten to ask him anything else.  Personally, I could care less about the uniforms.  I have Jets clothing from 40 years ago, and all the way up to the present.  The only thing that stays consistent is the green.