What do we do at RB?

nvot9

What are we going to do at this position?

Reggie Bush- No chance, that Jets won't and shouldn't trade up for him.

DeAngelo Williams- A much wanted talent that shouldn't fall out of the top 15 (although he will) but definately will not get to 29.

Laurence Maroney- Will be there at 29. A TD threat at any given moment. HE is prolific and elusive and only struggles with consitency, but learning ffrom Martin should help that a lot.

Other- None of these guys would be good fits. Who would be?

What do you guys think?

I'm pushin for Maroney at 29.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is anyone going to answer, or just talk about POTW and Curtis Martin's 2004 season.

I'll answer.

RB is the least of the Jets concerns at the draft this year.

Obviously, they will not get Bush and White and Maroney (wouldn't surprise me if the Pats take him at #21) will be long gone at #29.

The Jets have more pressing needs on the OLine, DLine and secondary.

RB by committee (CuMar and Houston) will not hurt the Jets next season.

I'll answer.

Obviously, they will not get Bush and White and Maroney (wouldn't surprise me if the Pats take him at #21) will be long gone at #29.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Drafting a RB with any of our first 5 picks wouyld be sheer stupidity.

Personally, I'd love to see us grab the Jones Drew kid from UCLA with one of our third round picks.

He can be our third down back this season and then team up with Houston to provide a thunder and lightning combo for years to come.

He can catch, return kicks, take it the distance from anywhere on the field, and is pretty stout for his height.

Are you guys that friggn' greedy?

Don't you know you already have the 2004 NFL leading rusher as your RB?

Right Savage?;)

Yeah but the creators of the Stat Monkeys 04 1 yard title winning season are gone! Now he who Farts dust will have competition and the Team will be better off for it!!:rolleyes:

I'll answer.

I couldn't agree with TX more <GAG>

This year is not about RB, QB or WR for the Jets. We have talent enough at those positions. This year is about defense and defending the passer.

Get the offensive line up and running, build a great defense and we will be in the hunt.

BZ

Are you guys that friggn' greedy?

Don't you know you already have the 2004 NFL leading rusher as your RB?

Right Savage?;)

He's 33 years old, coming off a bad injury and didn't play well last year when he was on the field.

Lendale White at 29.

I would be more than merry if Jets take Maroney at 29th.... He can split the game duty with Martin.. Martin is no longer capable of carrying 30 times per game.... Martin and Maroney will share everydown duty as Houston will be used in short yard situation....

If Jets are still under the salary cap when they sign all draftees then I hope Jets will cut Blaylock on June 1st..

Personally, I'd love to see us grab the Jones Drew kid from UCLA with one of our third round picks.

He can be our third down back this season and then team up with Houston to provide a thunder and lightning combo for years to come.

He can catch, return kicks, take it the distance from anywhere on the field, and is pretty stout for his height.

do u mean Maurice Drew? lol. yeah he is pretty good.

Rebuilding the offensive line is more important than getting another running back. Until we do that, RB shouldn't be a top priority. If they can somehow accomplish both, then more power to them, but I'd rather go into this year shady at running back than shady in the trench.

Rebuilding the offensive line is more important than getting another running back. Until we do that, RB shouldn't be a top priority. If they can somehow accomplish both, then more power to them, but I'd rather go into this year shady at running back than shady in the trench.

That is a great point Sharrow. But I believe that if we pick BAP we should be able to get good OL in the middle rounds as well and with this coaching staff that should be good enough.

Archived