Late Round "Project/Developmental" QB's the Jets Could Take in 2024?

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Both Milton and Hartman were horrifying in the senior bowl game.

I was gonna say... lol

By all accounts no one looked good or stood at the senior. This is not a good QB class. Caleb and Jayden are "Decent" QB prospects and the luster is fading on Maye imo

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

I was gonna say... lol

By all accounts no one looked good or stood at the senior. This is not a good QB class. Caleb and Jayden are "Decent" QB prospects and the luster is fading on Maye imo

Hasselback just loves Drake Maye, he has him ahead of Caleb Williams

On 2/9/2024 at 2:20 AM, Maynard13 said:

Pratt is multi-dimensional. Striong arm, cam make all the throws, nice touch, is very mobile, moves well in the pocket. I'm surprised he's being projected to go in Round 4. He'd be perfect to pick up for us and we have 2 4th rounders. 

Pratt would be an excellent choice. He has really strong intangibles whereas someone like Rattler is really tough to get on board with given his atrocious attitude.  I had never seen the clip posted above, really cant believe that kid didnt fight him on the spot.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BCJet said:

Pratt would be an excellent choice. He has really strong intangibles whereas someone like Rattler is really tough to get on board with given his atrocious attitude.  I had never seen the clip posted above, really cant believe that kid didnt fight him on the spot.

Pratt is a no frills qb who can run an offense and has good intangibles.  High floor lower ceiling but the type of qb the jets never take.  The opposite of ZW.

I hope they take a QB in the 6th or 7th round.  However, if a QB drops far enough, I would make an exception.  For instance, if Penix is there in the 4th round, I think I would take him.  This team will need a low-cost option after Rodgers,  as they try to navigate the salary cap hell Douglas created.

• Upvote 1

On 2/9/2024 at 10:09 AM, Adoni Beast said:

Now this is a guy I really hope we draft. Stuuuuud traits and long time starter too.

i think he'll climb after the combine,  got good reviews at the senior bowl and I think the combine will further drive up his stock.  Especially when he gets in for interviews.  Teams will like what they see.  I think you could see him as high as a 3rd rounder.  A lot of teams need qbs that arent in striking distance of one 

On 2/8/2024 at 6:29 PM, Larz said:

Developing young QBs isn’t their thing 

they are back to overpaying for other teams cast offs like Neil O’Donnel 

Other than being unable to move,on his feet, making bad decisions, panicking under pressure, and missing the open guy, what was wrong with O'Donnel?