Congrats to Kansas City!

28 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Reid took a sputtering 2-14 KC team to an 11-5 record his first year in 2013.  He has since had only 2 seasons with under 11 wins (9 & 10 win seasons).

A coach like him is what gets terrible franchises (what KC was) out of the dumpster.  There are great QBs all across the league who can't get anywhere.  Mahomes is the GOAT, but I would argue KC would have similar success with any other upper tier QB.

Similar success regular season wise yes, but he wouldn’t have 3 Super Bowls without Mahomes maybe he gets one maybe.

Same goes for Belicheck he probably gets zero without Brady.

• Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, ACourseinMiracles said:

A well fought battle that you just knew was coming down to who had the ball last.

Two really excellent teams.

Which is why I'd think you would kick in overtime.  Get the ball second so you know what you have to do, if you have to go for it on fourth down.  Knowing you have 4 plays instead of 3 is a huge advantage.  Most teams start that win the toss to start a game kick off, this was essentially a "new" game.  Why not kick off?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, usanyj said:

Which is why I'd think you would kick in overtime.  Get the ball second so you know what you have to do, if you have to go for it on fourth down.  Knowing you have 4 plays instead of 3 is a huge advantage.  Most teams start that win the toss to start a game kick off, this was essentially a "new" game.  Why not kick off?

Shanahan said he wanted the ball first because if the first 2 possessions evened out (e.g. each team kicked a FG) then the 3rd possession was sudden death and his team would have the ball.  Andy Reid said that each team has their own philosophy on that stuff but his would've been to kick the ball to SF (had he won the toss in OT).

49 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Shanahan said he wanted the ball first because if the first 2 possessions evened out (e.g. each team kicked a FG) then the 3rd possession was sudden death and his team would have the ball.  Andy Reid said that each team has their own philosophy on that stuff but his would've been to kick the ball to SF (had he won the toss in OT).

Take nothing away from the chiefs and their defense but the 9ers prob win that game if shanahan does not ignore cmc in the second half

it seems that when he has something working he then tries to outsmart everyone and move away from it

he is his own worst enemy

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Take nothing away from the chiefs and their defense but the 9ers prob win that game if shanahan does not ignore cmc in the second half

it seems that when he has something working he then tries to outsmart everyone and move away from it

he is his own worst enemy

There definitely is that narrative and I think it has some legitimacy.  He's still one of the top HCs in football but I agree sometimes he gets a little over his skis.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Kelce  comes off as a roid raging  WWF villian. 

He absolutely does!  He also looks a bit like a pirate.  I'm not a fan of the guy but he is a great player.  It's odd that Mahomes' best weapons were Tyreek Hill (who, if the allegations are true, is an awful human being) and this bozo, Travis Kelce.  

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He absolutely does!  He also looks a bit like a pirate.  I'm not a fan of the guy but he is a great player.  It's odd that Mahomes' best weapons were Tyreek Hill (who, if the allegations are true, is an awful human being) and this bozo, Travis Kelce.  

I want to know why the brother wasn’t shown last night. I wonder if they refused to let him into the stadium without a shirt on? 

• Haha 1