Spring 2024 - College Hoops Thread(Conference play, conf. tournaments, March Madness and betting lines!)

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The NCAA committee keeping out Indiana St was a travesty and I am boycotting the tourney as a result.  Didn’t fill out a bracket or place a single bet. 

Pittsburgh as well

i thought they would be a very dangerous team

• Upvote 1

Nevada blew a 19 point lead with 7 minutes left. They scored 0 points from 7:19 to 0:58.  Zero points in over 6 minutes.  

And that is college basketball. Incredibly frustrating. 

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The NCAA committee keeping out Indiana St was a travesty and I am boycotting the tourney as a result.  Didn’t fill out a bracket or place a single bet. 

yeah teams get hosed every year.  I agree on Indiana St.  

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Nevada blew a 19 point lead with 7 minutes left. They scored 0 points from 7:19 to 0:58.  Zero points in over 6 minutes.  

And that is college basketball. Incredibly frustrating. 

Does the site you use offer cash out?

I find it very useful in college 

4 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Does the site you use offer cash out?

I find it very useful in college 

I didn't see it happen. Left the room with a 17 point lead just when that 0.00 6 minutes of the walking dead took over.  Was busy with stuff.  Came back in the room and
troy-community.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

and cash outs come in handy for every sport.  MGM seems to be way more generous than the others (DK, FD, Caesars) on cash outs.  

They typically backfire on me but that’s ok.

college I have bee lucky with them

anyone thinking sd st can upset Iowa st?

56 minutes ago, Dcat said:

yeah teams get hosed every year.  I agree on Indiana St.  

They got hosed despite being top 30 in the committee’s own stupid metric.   Does NET matter or not?  Or does it only matter if it’s a P5 school being discussed?

It’s not the same as past jobbings.  This was a mid-major getting screwed so a team like UVA could get in only to puke it up on the biggest stage.

F**k college athletics.

how 'bout that Wolfpack!?!!!   NC State were the plays of the day for me.  I had ML @ +295 thanks to a 64% boost.  It had a $50 limit so I dropped a unit on NC State +4.5 @ +100 odds as well.  Finished 7-5 no thanks to Nevada.  LOL @ Kentucky. I didn't even need all those points I got.  Very good day that could have been fantastic but for Nevada and the Ia St 17 point win.

• Upvote 1

Interesting line today. Wisconsin-5.5 vs James Madison. Don’t know a bunch about JMU, see they are 31-3. Think it’s interesting because many in the college BB world were talking about Wisconsin finally turning into the team thought they would be and a legit threat for final 4.

15 hours ago, section314 said:

Gotta love it. Calipari  the biggest crook in college hoops, out in the 1st rd again. 😎

Gotta wonder if Cal is in trouble.  Kentucky is all about post-season runs.  SEC Championships and Final 4s.  They have flopped the last 4 post-seasons.  2-7 in NCAA and SEC Tourney play.  Have not made it out of the NCAA opening weekend since 2019.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Gotta wonder if Cal is in trouble.  Kentucky is all about post-season runs.  SEC Championships and Final 4s.  They have flopped the last 4 post-seasons.  2-7 in NCAA and SEC Tourney play.  Have not made it out of the NCAA opening weekend since 2019.

Could be. When you recruit so many one and dones, there is no follow through to really build anything. How was your day in Omaha with your son? Duquesne is good. You saw Mets got Martinez? I knew you would make it happen.😁

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Could be. When you recruit so many one and dones, there is no follow through to really build anything. How was your day in Omaha with your son? Duquesne is good. You saw Mets got Martinez? I knew you would make it happen.😁

We had a lot of fun.  4 games--2 of which came down to the final minute.  Not a major upset, but we did see a double digit seed with the win.  And even though Illinois and Iowa St won easily, both were pushed into the second half before pulling away.  It was a really nice day.

I saw the news about JD, he will be a nice addition to the lineup, and he is an upgrade over the other JD they were talking about a few weeks ago.

• Upvote 1

Hey guys...  just tuned in
My dozen bets today:
SD St -6.5 lose
Marquette -15 win
Huskies -27 win
UNM/Clemson u152.5  win
Colorado ML win
Nebraska ML lose
Purdue -27.5 -105 win
Duke -12.5 win
JMU ML +190 win
JMU +5.5 win
Hou u129 lose
St. Marys -5.5 lose

+ one 64% boosted half-unit 4-leg parlay +1459 lose
+ a pair of silly long-ass odds parlays from promos with boosts not even taco bets.   taco bites. lose

Good luck everyone

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Hey guys...  just tuned in
My dozen bets today:
SD St -6.5 lose
Marquette -15 win
Huskies -27 win
UNM/Clemson u152.5  win
Colorado ML
Nebraska ML (+100)
Purdue -27.5 -105
Duke -12.5 
JMU ML +190
JMU +5.5
Hou u129
St. Marys -5.5
+ one 64% boosted half-unit 4-leg parlay +1459
+ a couple of silly long-ass odds parlays from promos with boosts not even taco bets.   taco bites.

Good luck everyone

Good luck to you as well

off to a slow start after a very good night

with you with Nebraska and even thru a prop on this tomaniga kid for 4 3’s

What an incredible 30 minutes of basketball.  Colorado beating Florida with the buzzer beater and Yale surviving the final seconds to upset Auburn.  

And so now I think the SEC is 1-5 in the Tourney.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Oakland/NC State should be interesting. NC St. -6.5

I went 8-4 on sides and totals yesterday and it could have/should have been 10-2.  Still, a winning day.  But those small parlays that mostly lose are tempting, but I have to stop. Sucker bets. they suck the sap out of your bankroll.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Liking Arizona minus the 8.5 and unc minus 3.5

later tenn minus the 6.5

trying to stay away from small parlays as well but did go with zona minus the 8.5 and over in zaga/kansas

Arizona for me as well.  Also I like the over in that game.  a lot.So far those are my only bets.  I'll place more later today .

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Sweated that one out

I hit on the side but lost on the total. Down $20.   just got through with a client and looking at whats left on todays card.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

I hit on the side but lost on the total. Down $20.   just got through with a client and looking at whats left on todays card.

I’m hanging on to hit the over at 151.5

well see

Onto unc minus 3.5

damn Tennessee let me down not covering. But I had Oakland +6.5.  smaller bet but it won by a whisker.  2-1 in my late games.  Overall, I'm up a bit.  Stupid parlays and really stupid live bets have like dissolved almost all winnings.  Undisciplined.  Last year was different.  I kept pounding big, 2 unit+ bets on Huskies in first 4 rounds when they were severely under estimated.  I don't know if that trend continues based on the spreads we keep getting, we'll see.  

The minute the line came out 2 nights ago, I put a unit on Huskies -12.5  Line is now up to 14.  I dunno...  a whole lot of points...  but Huskies can do it if they want.  They know Houston ran up the score in their last game, so why not them too?

On 3/23/2024 at 9:01 AM, section314 said:

Oakland/NC State should be interesting. NC St. -6.5

On 3/23/2024 at 9:04 AM, Dcat said:

I went 8-4 on sides and totals yesterday and it could have/should have been 10-2.  Still, a winning day.  But those small parlays that mostly lose are tempting, but I have to stop. Sucker bets. they suck the sap out of your bankroll.

image.thumb.jpeg.802c4910b9d5ef06e4fd8bbe5dcee62f.jpeg

• Upvote 1