Spring 2024 - College Hoops Thread(Conference play, conf. tournaments, March Madness and betting lines!)

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

So far I have 

nc and Kansas state parlayed with

del

florida am

abd both for a 4 team

also like the heat +6.5 and the under

also might put a few dollars on heat ml

im not usually a parlay player, but I tailed the 3 team UNC/K St with with Delaware +122.  Also added a couple of others Nicolls and McNeese, for one.  Not my usual style.  May be out of my element.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

im not usually a parlay player, but I tailed the 3 team UNC/K St with with Delaware +122.  Also added a couple of others Nicolls and McNeese, for one.  Not my usual style.  May be out of my element.

Not mine either but for the past few weeks it has been working

21 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Not mine either but for the past few weeks it has been working

the team that would have me most concerned is K State. If K State and UNC do their jobs, I expect to win some of these and they are all plus money.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

the team that would have me most concerned is K State. If K State and UNC do their jobs, I expect to win some of these and they are all plus money.

Odds are just a number but -500 is pretty strong

we will see

23 minutes ago, Dcat said:

LOL  UNC  K St   sure things

Now I remember why I don't do parlays like this.

Every once in a while I need to be reminded.  Today's the day.

Did you have them on the ml?

hadvto sweat both out but they covered ml

delaware sunk me but im alive to Florida am

oh and I have the knicks - so much for that

11 hours ago, Trotter said:

Did you have them on the ml?

hadvto sweat both out but they covered ml

delaware sunk me but im alive to Florida am

oh and I have the knicks - so much for that

ML of course.  I'd only parlay these 2 favorites on ML.  Both of them nearly lost and frankly, K St deserved to lose.  As for the parlays with them, lost on the Delaware attachment,  lost on two others and won on a 4 team.  Still, these parlays left me in the red.  But mostly all my picks yesterday were straight ass. Worst day for me in weeks.

Let's not let yesterday's trainwreck deter a + day today.

We'll see.  CBB can be a real bi tch in spurts.

So here goes for 2/27 as of the moment (will edit w/changes):
Houston -13.5 > Cinc -110 1.25u
Pitt +7.5 > Clemson -110  0.5u
Ky +4.5 > Mississippi St -105 0.75u
avoid parlays

20 minutes ago, Dcat said:

yeah that's nuts.  College basketball is hard enough.  

Ok I admit it

im at work and I see there are spring games with betting lines

i did think about it but better off lighting the money on fire to keep warm

18 hours ago, Dcat said:

Let's not let yesterday's trainwreck deter a + day today.

We'll see.  CBB can be a real bi tch in spurts.

So here goes for 2/27 as of the moment (will edit w/changes):
Houston -13.5 > Cinc -110 1.25u
Pitt +7.5 > Clemson -110  0.5u
Ky +4.5 > Mississippi St -105 0.75u
avoid parlays

looks like you had a decent good night

i squeaked out a small profit but missed close to a grand by the sliimest of margins - well that is the way it goes.

nba tonight is intriguing with kings/nuggets. I want to continue the Joker triple double train but not sure he pulls it off tonight.

well see

50 minutes ago, Trotter said:

looks like you had a decent good night

i squeaked out a small profit but missed close to a grand by the sliimest of margins - well that is the way it goes.

nba tonight is intriguing with kings/nuggets. I want to continue the Joker triple double train but not sure he pulls it off tonight.

well see

Didn't you hit that parlay?  Houston not covering hurt my night but still came out ahead.  Would have been sensational if Houston had covered.  Also hit on some hockey.   As you can tell, I avoid NBA like the plague. I usually come back to it for playoffs.  But reg season I only dabble.  Too many last minute lineup changes and I'm not around during those hours to check in.

For Wednesday, I'm holding my nose and taking Louisville +20.5 > Duke.  Also Austin Peay +110,  Missouri/Fla o154, N Texas/Tulane o138.5, Murray St -2, Tulsa/UTSA o160.

I also teased some 2 leg SGPs for the big games since I didn't love the lines:
Alabama ML, o159.5 +109
Auburn +10.5, o146.5 +124 (boosted to +180)
Iowa St -4.5, o131.5 +115

and don't forget DK's hockey special: Blues/Oilers goal to be scored in first 10 minutes boosted from -175 to +100 (max $25)

28 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Didn't you hit that parlay?  Houston not covering hurt my night but still came out ahead.  Would have been sensational if Houston had covered.  Also hit on some hockey.   As you can tell, I avoid NBA like the plague. I usually come back to it for playoffs.  But reg season I only dabble.  Too many last minute lineup changes and I'm not around during those hours to check in.

I did and hit Luca but had some other plays that fell short

still ok though

How about Youngstown state TT o85.5?  They love to score points and easily hit 90 against one of the bottom 3 teams in the country.  Detroit Mercy has 2 games left until they clean out lockers and the coach is fired. They done.  Younstown ran it up on them in Detroit and beat them by 40.  

Also, overs (1st half and full game) in PFW/Wright St.  

How is giannis 30 pts 10 rebs tonight against the hornets +180?

ok they obliterated them the other night and the thinking is he prob only plays 3 qtr but I would expect the hornets to give more effort at home after being embarrassed 

I’ll take the 180 and will even put in giannis to score 35 solo(no rebs) at +325

God, if the FL Gators could hold a lead, I'd tell ya'll to lock them into an elite 8 team, dont care who they face but holy crap, they let everyone back in the game, no matter how big their lead! 

Man if Zona makes it to the final 4 this year, look out. That home-cooking is no joke.

UConn beating #8 Marquette wasn't the big win I was hoping for. They just scooted by against a team missing one of the best guards in the country. 

On a lighter note, this is nice. Especially when considering how many people I know from Rutgers!

image.png.6720fa707417d1ff69450b5ab44a981d.png

11 hours ago, Trotter said:

With tournaments going on let’s see if we get some interest

anyone else on board with Pitt upsetting nc tomorrow?

I think Pitt will give them a tough game but UNC just seems so focused right now. Lunardi has them a #1 seed right now , FWIW. St. John’s /UConn will be a bloodbath.😎

12 minutes ago, section314 said:

I think Pitt will give them a tough game but UNC just seems so focused right now. Lunardi has them a #1 seed right now , FWIW. St. John’s /UConn will be a bloodbath.😎

looking forward to the games

@dcat is most likely pulling for Uconn - he has them as a future at a pretty nice value

I am hanging in with Tenn but I dont think they get it done 

5 minutes ago, Trotter said:

looking forward to the games

@dcat is most likely pulling for Uconn - he has them as a future at a pretty nice value

I am hanging in with Tenn but I dont think they get it done 

If Klingan stays out of foul trouble, which has been tough, they will be really hard to beat. Houston will be a tough out. Who will be this year’s FAU? Knowing @Dcat he probably has so many props going that unless Wagner makes final 4 he’s good. Actually, probably added them as well.😁

• Haha 1

Really fun night of CBB last night. @Jetsfan80's boys taking down Duke, Creighton falling to Providence in the BE.

On paper, UConn should breeze through tonight's game against SJU. We beat them twice already this year including last month at MSG, and both times we were missing a key starter. This time we're full strength.

Still, we've lost three games this year, and we were the better team in all three. So there's always the chance of a letdown - and with a great coach like Pitino on the other side, chances of a letdown go up. 

3 hours ago, section314 said:

If Klingan stays out of foul trouble, which has been tough, they will be really hard to beat. Houston will be a tough out. Who will be this year’s FAU? Knowing @Dcat he probably has so many props going that unless Wagner makes final 4 he’s good. Actually, probably added them as well.😁

Clingan is arguably the most important player on this year's team going into the tourney. He's developed so nicely since last year and does so much for us on D and on the boards - can't afford to have him sitting on the bench due to stupid fouls.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Clingan is arguably the most important player on this year's team going into the tourney. He's developed so nicely since last year and does so much for us on D and on the boards - can't afford to have him sitting on the bench due to stupid fouls.  

Have you seen this BC kid Post play? That guy is an NBA player.