Spring 2024 - College Hoops Thread(Conference play, conf. tournaments, March Madness and betting lines!)

Rd 2

(NIT) Wake Forest -9.5 -105 1.25u (last night) LOSE
(NIT) Wake Forest -9 -112 .75u LOSE
UConn -12.5 -110 1u (2 days ago) WIN
Purdue/Utah St o149.5 .75u WIN
G Canyon +6.5 -112 .75u
Yale +5.5 -108 .75u
(NIT) Iowa/Utah o165 .75u
Hou -9 -108 1u
Hou -9.5 +100 .5u

(edit) adding:
Clemson +4.5 -110 1u WIN
Clemson ML +158 (100% boost to +316 $25 max) WIN
Baylor/Clemson o143.5 -110 1u LOSE

The NIT Wake Forest bets are a pure fade of Georgia. 
I was very impressed by JMU the other day. And now JMU is a HUGE public dog. That's a game I'll watch but not touch.  I've got Duke winning on my brackets fwiw, but I really think JMU has a shot. 
Couldn't place a pregame bet on Marquette. By the time I opened the books it was live with marquette - too many.  Threw a few little taco bite bets on Marquette -9.  They were up by a bunch at the time. Pure trap but I like Marquette.  Lose

Like JMU, I am impressed with Clemson. Not so much Baylor.  I'll take those points. and use my cute 100% boost on the ML + the over.

one teeny parlay today with a $15 free bet: Not bloody likely but going with my dawgs: Clemson ML + G Canyon ML 2 team parlay +724.  Pays out about $100.  Long longshot. 

I don't like the UCONN/ILL spread. This is the most likely to be a closer game. Illinois does get those multi-minute gaps in scoring, and mostly in 1st half.  So I will do the Huskies 1st half -4.5 at -115.  I have a 33% odds boost as well but a $50 limit. So that one for sure.  T Shannon o22.5 pts @-125 also. also half unit.    That's it.  

I just can't figure out the late game.  yet.  I'm leaning clemson +3.5 but hope the line moves.  

30 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I don't like the UCONN/ILL spread. This is the most likely to be a closer game. Illinois does get those multi-minute gaps in scoring, and mostly in 1st half.  So I will do the Huskies 1st half -4.5 at -115.  I have a 33% odds boost as well but a $50 limit. So that one for sure.  T Shannon o22.5 pts @-125 also. also half unit.    That's it.  

I just can't figure out the late game.  yet.  I'm leaning clemson +3.5 but hope the line moves.  

You have the huskies at +1000 right?

I have the vols st +1400 we might be headed to a showdown

honestly I don’t think the vols have enough to win it all

19 minutes ago, Trotter said:

You have the huskies at +1000 right?s

I have the vols st +1400 we might be headed to a showdown

honestly I don’t think the vols have enough to win it all

yes.  placed the bet January 29th.  Right now I'm worried about Illinois.  I'm not betting that spread. But did take huskes -4.5 in 1st half.

18 minutes ago, Dcat said:

yes.  placed the bet January 29th.  Right now I'm worried about Illinois.  I'm not betting that spread. But did take huskes -4.5 in 1st half.

Have not even handicapped bball yet

too busy losing money on yhe f’n mets

i swear someone should just hit me in the head with a sledgehammer 

Just now, Trotter said:

not one bet yet on Mets . Ive done MLB two days now.  3 bets the first time won 2.  up half unit.  Yesterday had 10 bets (units smaller in MLB now) won 5 of them, up a small fraction... about $8.  

today I like Guardians -130, Texas -125 (best bet: 2 units), Atlanta/Phi F5 u4.5 -130 & u4 +100.  Will look at later games later. clueless with MLB props at this point.  Itt will be a lot of time till I play those,, absent a good take by someone. Total bases is the one I usually do for batters and occasional HRs.  MLB is my favorite, but I usually start with small unit units and slow.

I am torn by this one.  I have Purdue to win my pool.  $660 for a $25 entry.  If Purdue does win, the only way I don't win the pool is if Illinois wins tonight.  One guy who also has Purdue has Illinois in the Final 4 and if they win, he passes me.  But if Illinois wins, I have a much easier path to 2nd prize of about $250.

Watching the game, I find myself rooting for UConn -- guess I am in it to win it.

Edit -- who the f**k cares.  Nobody is beating this UConn team.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

How many more tournaments until UConn has to play a team that doesn’t suck?

dude, UConn got BY FAR the hardest bracket.  Purdue was given a cake walk.  And that was the consensus everywhere when the brackets were announce. Most obvious thing anywhere.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, Trotter said:

I am going to open a thread in Other Sports for 2024 MLB betting. We'll see how that flies.

22 minutes ago, Dcat said:

dude, UConn got BY FAR the hardest bracket.  Purdue was given a cake walk.  And that was the consensus everywhere when the brackets were announce. Most obvious thing anywhere.  

They played Stetson, Northwestern, San Diego State, and Illinois.  And now they get the winner of Clemson-Alabama. Give me a ******* break lmao. 

• Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I am going to open a thread in Other Sports for 2024 MLB betting. We'll see how that flies.

I’m in

took a flyer with a prop on Alonso hitting a hr so I got bailed out on the met loss

gotta stick to nba since I have luck there

do have the mariners minus1.5 tonight

5 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

They played Stetson, Northwestern, San Diego State, and Illinois.  And now they get the winner of Clemson-Alabama. Give me a ******* break lmao. 

Just a feeling but I think a week from Monday is UConn/ tenn

30-0 run to start the second half. Wow.

If we win Saturday, I’m taking my 4 year old to Phoenix on Monday for the championship. He might be more obsessed with UConn at this point than me. He knows every player, their number, and their nickname.

Late in the second half tonight, our backup true freshman forward hit a 3, and he yells out “STEWIEEEE!!”. I didn’t know he even knew who that was!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

30-0 run to start the second half. Wow.

If we win Saturday, I’m taking my 4 year old to Phoenix on Monday for the championship. He might be more obsessed with UConn at this point than me. He knows every player, their number, and their nickname.

Late in the second half tonight, our backup true freshman forward hit a 3, and he yells out “STEWIEEEE!!”. I didn’t know he even knew who that was!

Best college basketball team ever assembled!

15 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

geez... look at the entire bracket.  It was pretty much screamed by everybody how the East was by far the hardest conference.  But they were all wrong and you're not, of course.  And it is also commonly believed that Purdue got a cake walk.  

Got a few for today.

I have Duke -6 -110:  1.25u  (line has since moved to -7.. placed my bet 2 days ago)
Purdue -3.5 -105:  1u
Duke/NCSt 1st half game total u67.5:   1.25u
oh no a parlay.....
Purdue and Duke to both win +118 1u

I have a 50% boost on a live in-game play that I'll decide later.

I also just dropped 1.5u on UConn -11.5 vs Alabama.  Many models out there are saying line should be closer to 16.  So take the 11.5 now if you think that's too low.  I do.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Got a few for today.

I have Duke -6 -110:  1.25u  (line has since moved to -7.. placed my bet 2 days ago)
Purdue -3.5 -105:  1u
Duke/NCSt 1st half game total u67.5:   1.25u
oh no a parlay.....
Purdue and Duke to both win +118 1u

I have a 50% boost on a live in-game play that I'll decide later.

I also just dropped 1.5u on UConn -11.5 vs Alabama.  Many models out there are saying line should be closer to 16.  So take the 11.5 now if you think that's too low.  I do.

With you on duke

have to go vols since my future bet is still alive

go big or go home

also just live bet the Phillies - they have to beat the braves at some point

going dodgers tonight and might make it minus 2.5 runs

we will see later

36 minutes ago, Trotter said:

With you on duke

have to go vols since my future bet is still alive

go big or go home

also just live bet the Phillies - they have to beat the braves at some point

going dodgers tonight and might make it minus 2.5 runs

we will see later

My MLB today: You are going to see a ton of F5 from me until I learn just how good/bad these bull pens are and not just the closer.  

Texs Rangers -130  (Best Bet!)
SD F5 ML -145 
LAA/Bal F5 u5 (ugh, just hit 5)
Atl/Phi F5 u4.5 (ugh looks bad)
Min/KC o9
Bos/Sea u7.5 +100
Bos/Sea F5 u4 +100
Bos ML F5 +105

Best of all?  Zero bets on the NYM. Really... the Brewers have owned them for some time it seems

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

What’s the play tonight

nc state?

Wish I posted earlier because I am enjoying the Purdue game at my daughter's.  Just got in..  My bets are 100% chalk.  Purdue -9 and Huskies -11.  Also a parlay.  I should have, but didn't taken whatever the NC State TT under was.   Worst no bet ever.  No totals on Huskies.  Alabama has no defense so Huskies can speed it up, slow it down, essentially whatever the coach thinks the flow should be.  As I figured, NC St. had no answer for Edey. Terrible matchup.  

Nervous about the spread by I took Huskies.  Alabama is , someone said, the best team or one of the best, vs the spread.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Wish I posted earlier because I am enjoying the Purdue game at my daughter's.  Just got in..  My bets are 100% chalk.  Purdue -9 and Huskies -11.  Also a parlay.  I should have, but didn't taken whatever the NC State TT under was.   Worst no bet ever.  No totals on Huskies.  Alabama has no defense so Huskies can speed it up, slow it dowsn, essentially whatever the coach thinks the flow should be.

I did not put anything in

having a nice night betting baseball

wishing you the best with uconn and that futures bet

There was never a doubt in my mind during that game.  And they will beat Purdue handily. Zach Edey notwithstanding.  Already placed some at Huskies -6.   Bookie mistake.  Should have been double digits.  In fact, I may sprinkle some on an alternative line.  -10