Saleh not expected to attend scouting combine ***UPDATE- may be attending now****

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

True story: I was watching highlights from ‘09 to just revisit how fun that year was and I completely forgot about the Jets - Dolphins game where he returned 2 kicks to, essentially, put them on his back and beat us.  I vividly remember getting up to get Mrs. Fields, hearing a roar of boos, coming back and asking my dad “wtf did I miss, I just went to get a blondie?!”

Im pretty sure my brain blocked that game out, because I don’t even remember Sanchez putting up a legitimate franchise QB stat-line (for the time) that day.

LOL - ninja'd! 

That's funny. 

I'll never forget that game. We had the Titans Jerseys on and I was angry all week. 

• Post of the Week 1

44 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I'm still not over the game in 2009 where he returned two kicks for TDs against us.

Pepole always talk about that team being lucky to even make the playoffs at 9 and 7, but we actually blew so many games that year. So many dumb losses. (Atlanta at home, Miami at home, Buffalo where we ran for a billion yards but Sanchez threw 5 picks) 

Yup!

Truth be told, this was the year @Jet Nut got sick (won’t divulge all of his medicals, as that is his story to tell, lol) so the back half of the year was spent watching them with him at the hospital or at home when he was finally released.

Dad was admitted to the ER on Thanksgiving that year, so if memory serves me right, the last game we attended together was Jets - Jaguars, which we blew after Mercedes Lewis burnt Rhodes and MJD took the knee at the 1 to set up the GW field goal.

It wasn’t until the last week of the season did I go back to Giants Stadium, but it was with my ex-girlfriend and her brother because pops wasn’t healthy enough to withstand the cold.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yup!

Truth be told, this was the year @Jet Nut got sick (won’t divulge all of his medicals, as that is his story to tell, lol) so the back half of the year was spent watching them with him at the hospital or at home when he was finally released.

Dad was admitted to the ER on Thanksgiving that year, so if memory serves me right, the last game we attended together was Jets - Jaguars, which we blew after Mercedes Lewis burnt Rhodes and MJD took the knee at the 1 to set up the GW field goal.

It wasn’t until the last week of the season did I go back to Giants Stadium, but it was with my ex-girlfriend and her brother because pops wasn’t healthy enough to withstand the cold.

Unfortunately I remember all to well. 
Nothing like asking my doctors and nurses if the they can find me a room away from others so I can watch football because I tend to get loud watching the Jets, especially with the playoffs on the line.  Lol.

Good memory though, Jags were the last game.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I'm still not over the game in 2009 where he returned two kicks for TDs against us.

Pepole always talk about that team being lucky to even make the playoffs at 9 and 7, but we actually blew so many games that year. So many dumb losses. (Atlanta at home, Miami at home, Buffalo where we ran for a billion yards but Sanchez threw 5 picks) 

That lousy home Bills game where we ran for 300+ yards and Sanchez threw 5 picks.  And Weatherford even threw one for a total of 6!!!  
What a crappy OT loss

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Saleh at the airport waiting in that cattle corral waiting to check his bags, 

With how long it takes to do so, someone needs to thank him for his service because f*ckkkkkkk waiting for stuff to get done at an airport.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Saleh at the airport waiting in that cattle corral waiting to check his bags, taking his shoes off, all so he can fly to backwater Indianapolis for twelve hours to stare at some offensive linemen that he has zero interest in and so he can be stalked down a hallway at the Hyatt that night by Will Parkinson holding out some makeshift Radio Shack recording equipment asking him questions about Mecole Hardman. God, the internet rules. 

Lmfao, the edit made me f*cking laugh

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Combine status update:

#VeryImportant

Is it a good thing to ghost people? I don’t get the zoomers getting bent out of shape over being the bare minimum accountable. If you were scheduled to do something do it

41 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Is it a good thing to ghost people? I don’t get the zoomers getting bent out of shape over being the bare minimum accountable. If you were scheduled to do something do it

Totally.  Let’s pass on him for skipping the stupid combine, if he were to fall to 10, and see how that works out for us.  

I’m sure that will work out great.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Totally.  Let’s pass on him for skipping the stupid combine, if he were to fall to 10, and see how that works out for us.  

I’m sure that will work out great.

Didn’t say that. But will he be a headache? Seems likely. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Saleh at the airport waiting in that cattle corral waiting to check his bags, taking his shoes off, all so he can fly to backwater Indianapolis for twelve hours to stare at some offensive linemen that he has zero interest in and so he can be stalked down a hallway at the Hyatt that night by Will Parkinson holding out some makeshift Radio Shack recording equipment asking him questions about Mecole Hardman. God, the internet rules. 

LMFAO!!!  This is absolute comedy gold!  Literally laughed out loud very loudly.

• Haha 1

Is anybody here actually watching / following the combine coverage?

Despite having a top-10 pick, I can't recall a time being this uninterested in combine, pundits, mock drafts, and all the minutiae of everything leading up to the offseason and draft.

Free agency is just around the corner, I guess, and there seems to be very little air of anticipation...

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

LMFAO!!!  This is absolute comedy gold!  Literally laughed out loud very loudly.

Parkinson comes off as a total cynic, except not in the weak, a--hole way Cimini does.

Like he's obviously a fan, but at the same time, it seems pretty clear he has zero faith that Robert Saleh and this regime are going to actually accomplish jack.

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Lmfao, the edit made me f*cking laugh

I'm laughing envisioning the grumpy look on Saleh's face and the self-talk where he's cursing out Woody, JD or whoever he blames for having to inconvenience himself when his mind is on the golf course.  I'd love to know what he reads on the flight over.  Will it be about prospects or will it be about golf courses he plans to hit this offseason?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Parkinson comes off as a total cynic, except not in the weak, a--hole way Cimini does.

Like he's obviously a fan, but at the same time, it seems pretty clear he has zero faith that Robert Saleh and this regime are going to actually accomplish jack.

I don't listen to him that much.  He doesn't believe in Saleh?  Maybe I'll have to listen to him more often!  lol

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Larz said:

How much time did y’all waste on this? 😂

Salesman was like "what is the absolute minimum number of hours that I have to be here in order to 'check the box'?"

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What is the Larz version of events that led to Saleh being forced to get on that plane on Saturday?

It really wouldn’t have mattered either way. This isn’t 1975 where teams watch the one set of film that exists on a player and then send it to the next team. 

Jon has JDs ear on draft day, not Saleh 

Bob is reading every one of these disparaging remarks and is taking receipts and between the Eagle and the Crow and the Brakes with Gas and the Vibes but only the good ones and the US Navy mindset and the gauntlet of embarrassed opponent QBs you all will be sorry.  sh*t you not!