Daniel Jeremiah top 50 2.0 Features 11 OL in top 40

1 hour ago, bonkertons said:

If we're talking coaching staff, 100%.  They haven't given us a damn thing to be optimistic about.  Strictly from a player personnel standpoint though, there is a clear core in place that should really not be that difficult to build around.  

I've seen plenty of dark sh*t with this team, I just know that the pieces on this offense are clearly miles ahead of anything we've had to work with for a really long time.  

The problem with the Jets is that some of the incompetence over the past few years has been so frustrating and unnecessary.

But the Jets won 7 games in 2023 and 2022.   The following seasons had less wins than that:

21-4 wins

20-2 wins

18-4 wins

17-5 wins

16-5 wins

14-4 wins

It gets alot worse than 7-10.   The Jets won 7 games two years in a row with the statistically worst QB room in the NFL.  Hopefully they can improve on this.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, varjet said:

The problem with the Jets is that some of the incompetence over the past few years has been so frustrating and unnecessary.

But the Jets won 7 games in 2023 and 2022.   The following seasons had less wins than that:

21-4 wins

20-2 wins

18-4 wins

17-5 wins

16-5 wins

14-4 wins

It gets alot worse than 7-10.   The Jets won 7 games two years in a row with the statistically worst QB room in the NFL.  Hopefully they can improve on this.  

This is part of why I'm optimistic.  Not just the worst QB statistically, but probably a bottom-5 OL.  Potentially they go hand in hand, but you'd assume Rodgers alone, even with the same sh*t OL(which we all know we won't have), should bump us up at least a couple of wins.

Maybe our OL will still suck next year, but I'm pretty confident we'll have dumped a lot of money and probably another top-10 pick into it.  If it fails it'll be because we brought in the wrong guys, not because we chose to ignore it.  

But yeah, even with say Bakhtiari and Fuaga and Calvin Ridley and a solid backup like Tannehill, I'll still believe this team's success when I see it.  The coaching staff still has to prove they can turn a group of talent into a true contender.  It's one thing to feel happy with the roster, it's another to expect them to translate on the field.  Hopefully if they FINALLY have an OL and a legit QB, Saleh will prove he actually can coach a winner.

If this draft is as loaded on o-line talent as advertised, the Jets need to come away with two players. If those two players can start next season then great. If not they should provide quality depth in year one and be building blocks for the future.

It's long past time to fix the offensive line. This is the draft to do it. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

If this draft is as loaded on o-line talent as advertised, the Jets need to come away with two players. If those two players can start next season then great. If not they should provide quality depth in year one and be building blocks for the future.

It's long past time to fix the offensive line. This is the draft to do it. 

Agreed - we need to acquire a minimum of 2 longterm OL pieces in April or this draft was a failure

• Upvote 1

On 2/27/2024 at 10:14 AM, AFJF said:

He picked Becton who was a stud before missing two years due to injury.

He picked AVT who plays at an elite level when he's not injured (despite never being injured before getting here)

He picked Tippmann who was just named to the All rookie team.

He's 3 out of 3 in terms of finding OL talent in the first two rounds of the draft.

He's 1 out of 3 in finding guys who can stay healthy.  Blame the GM for the injuries if you like, but that's silly IMO.

Becton stud? - I was pissed when they didnt pick up his 5th year option as I felt hapless Jets are not going to get much better- but he is what he is and I would not characterize as stud

I like AVT but elite? yes versatile and held his own in RT and LT in a few games but he has long way to go to be "Elite" especially given what jets gave up to trade up and get him

btw Tippmann got hurt too a few times

I hope they move Tippmann to G as a side note.

16 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

Becton stud? - I was pissed when they didnt pick up his 5th year option as I felt hapless Jets are not going to get much better- but he is what he is and I would not characterize as stud

I like AVT but elite? yes versatile and held his own in RT and LT in a few games but he has long way to go to be "Elite" especially given what jets gave up to trade up and get him

btw Tippmann got hurt too a few times

I hope they move Tippmann to G as a side note.

Yes.  If you go back and watch Becton's rookie year you'll see him taking defenders off of their feet and tossing them out of your TV picture.  Find me another player who did that as a rookie.

Yes, AVT is elite when healthy.

Tippmann got dinged up and missed a handful of snaps.  Sometimes that happens in the NFL.

7 hours ago, AFJF said:

Yes.  If you go back and watch Becton's rookie year you'll see him taking defenders off of their feet and tossing them out of your TV picture.  Find me another player who did that as a rookie.

Yes, AVT is elite when healthy.

Tippmann got dinged up and missed a handful of snaps.  Sometimes that happens in the NFL.

I watched the games too but what are you saying?  Becton forgot how to play? or maybe it is coaching? or maybe his surgery? or maybe weight loss has taken away his abilities?

Jets fan always want to call their players "elite" or whatever...fact is AVT has not been yet.  Hoping he will become elite and make a pro bowl appearance one day.  I wonder if he will even be able to participate in off-season or play in any pre-season game or even counted on to stay healthy at this point...again i sure hope so.

Tippmann missed the giants game and ruled out with Quad.

13 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

I watched the games too but what are you saying?  Becton forgot how to play? or maybe it is coaching? or maybe his surgery? or maybe weight loss has taken away his abilities?

Jets fan always want to call their players "elite" or whatever...fact is AVT has not been yet.  Hoping he will become elite and make a pro bowl appearance one day.  I wonder if he will even be able to participate in off-season or play in any pre-season game or even counted on to stay healthy at this point...again i sure hope so.

Tippmann missed the giants game and ruled out with Quad.

Combo of injury and dropping weight didn't help him.  And let's not pretend he has an OL coach with a reputation for developing young players.

AVT is elite whether you like him or not.

And yes, as I said, sometimes NFL players get dinged up and miss a little time.  Let's not pretend the kid missed 10 games.

34 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Combo of injury and dropping weight didn't help him.  And let's not pretend he has an OL coach with a reputation for developing young players.

ohh ok i guess

Never said I didnt like him - but like the rest of the world I define elite as making at least 1 probowl - whats the saying about the Ice Tub?

And yes, as I said, sometimes NFL players get dinged up and miss a little time.  Let's not pretend the kid missed 10 games.

uhm no you said handful of snaps - pretty snarkily I might add

If you want to call yourself a reporter - facts matter

53 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

A: When have I ever called myself a reporter?

B: Tippmann missed 83 of a possible 852 snaps.  "Handful" isn't a definitive number so can't really be a "fact" as much as an opinion.  In my opinion, missing fewer than 10% of a team's plays is a handful.

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

I suspect he might have actually played through some injury last year. That's not exactly what he's known for but it was a contract year and coming off back to back injury seasons was probably a big motivating factor for him.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I suspect he might have actually played through some injury last year. That's not exactly what he's known for but it was a contract year and coming off back to back injury seasons was probably a big motivating factor for him.

I 100% believe he was playing hurt.  Contract year looking for a big pay day and had a stretch late in the season where he was barely moving for 4-5 weeks.

Then he comes out in the final game and plays well again?

7 hours ago, AFJF said:

A: When have I ever called myself a reporter?

B: Tippmann missed 83 of a possible 852 snaps.  "Handful" isn't a definitive number so can't really be a "fact" as much as an opinion.  In my opinion, missing fewer than 10% of a team's plays is a handful.

lol looked up stats so you could equate 10% with a handful

15 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

lol looked up stats so you could equate 10% with a handful

Or looked up stats to show how dumb it is to pretend he missed a ton of time.  Sorry be was more durable than you'd hoped.

35 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Or looked up stats to show how dumb it is to pretend he missed a ton of time.  Sorry be was more durable than you'd hoped.

lol 

critique AVT because I don’t see him as being elite yet and I’m a hater

point out that tippman missed a game and I’m hater of him too

grow tf up 

On 2/26/2024 at 6:17 PM, JetNation said:

Joe-Alt-scaled.jpg

NFL draft guru Daniel Jeremiah has released his second top 50 prospect list and it should come as no surprise that it’s contents are good news for the New York Jets.

In serious need of help on the offensive line, Jeremiah has eleven linemen in his top 50 with all of them actually coming in the top forty.  The lowest ranked lineman on his list is Arizona offensive tackle Jordan Morgan.

Top 50 prospects 2.0https://t.co/ZBEbN7WI22

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) February 26, 2024

Also on the list are:

OT Joe Alt, Notre Dame

OT Olu Fashanu, Penn State

OT Taliese Fuaga, Oregon State

OT JC Latham, Alabama

OT Troy Fautanu, Washington

OT Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma

OT Amarius Mims, Georgia

C/G Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon

C/G Zack Frazier, West Virginia

C/G Graham Barton, Duke

Recently profiled by JetNation, wide receiver Malachi Corley also made the list as Jeremiah’s 44th ranked prospect.  In all, the wide receiver position edged out the O-line with 12 names in total.

The post Daniel Jeremiah top 50 2.0 Features 11 OL in top 40 appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

I would love the lowest rank, hell any of these guy should be great we might be able to walk away with two of them 

On 2/27/2024 at 7:14 AM, AFJF said:

He picked Becton who was a stud before missing two years due to injury.

Becton was never ever a stud. He showed promise his first year, missed 2 years and sucked this year, JD get a F for this pick at best

6 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

lol 

critique AVT because I don’t see him as being elite yet and I’m a hater

point out that tippman missed a game and I’m hater of him too

grow tf up 

Pretending a guy who missed a game battled injuries all season to project a narrative.

How very adult of you.

LOL

2 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

Becton was never ever a stud. He showed promise his first year, missed 2 years and sucked this year, JD get a F for this pick at best

A matter of opinion.  He was doing things to defenders that I've never seen an NFL player do with any level of consistency.  Pretty studly.

4 hours ago, Larz said:

Honestly I could see JD trying to trade a blue chip defender to get draft capital to move up to double dip 

Which blue chip defender? Seems like we have

Sauce (worth more than Revis was)

Reed on last year of contract

Quincy

Quinnen

MC2

6 hours ago, Larz said:

Honestly I could see JD trying to trade a blue chip defender to get draft capital to move up to double dip 

Hype train rolling

Theres hardly a real LT to be found past alt. And he's good but not exactly Tony B

17 hours ago, JetsFlyer said:

Hype train rolling

Theres hardly a real LT to be found past alt. And he's good but not exactly Tony B

That’s simply incorrect and the jets need a RT too and they are very valuable and absolutely worth a first round pick. 

How many o-linemen do you think will be taken in the first round?

1 hour ago, Larz said:

That’s simply incorrect and the jets need a RT too and they are very valuable and absolutely worth a first round pick. 

How many o-linemen do you think will be taken in the first round?

I could care less about how many OL are taken in the first. My point is quality at the top

every year there are 5 to 6 OL taken in the first. So this class has 7. 

Who are you taking at 10. A RT that projects to guard

AVT 2.0 and I'm ok with that. But don't tell me how special it is